Family Disney Trip, Please Help!

Lilligirl

Earning My Ears
Hi! OK, my family is planning to go to Disneyland for a few days this summer. This is our first trip out of state since... well, when I was born! So, they left me to do the planning (with mom's help of course). So I have lots and lots of questions which I couldn't find on the site. It's just going to be my mom and I.

Here they are:

• What does the disney dining plan cover? In Laymens Terms Please
  • Does the estimate they give on the website cover everything (airfare, hotel, tickets, dining)?
  • When does the park open/close?
  • What is the 3-day Ride Hopper Ticket?
  • For Table Service places, do we need to make reservations? If so, where, and how long ahead of time?
  • Are bags like purses, allowed in the park?
  • Is there a specific dress code? (I wear really dark lipstick sometimes that makes me look goth)

I might have more, but not right now.

Did you mean Disney WORLD? I'll assume so, and answer accordingly. If you truly meant Disneyland in California, you can get better answers on that board.

• What does the disney dining plan cover? In Laymens Terms Please

A counter service meal (self-serve with McDonald's type food, pizza, etc), a table service meal (sit-down restaurant with wait staff), and a snack. If you stay 3 nights, you get 3 days worth of dining. Table service is the Entree, dessert, and drink - tip is not included.
  • Does the estimate they give on the website cover everything (airfare, hotel, tickets, dining)?

yes. You will need to have money for souveniers, extra food or drinks, alcohol drinks, etc.
  • When does the park open/close?

Varies by the day. You can find that info on the calendar on the Disney website.
  • What is the 3-day Ride Hopper Ticket?

3-day hopper gets you into the 4 main parks for 3 days. You may go into any or all parks as many times as you want for 3 days. Tickets do not have to be used for 3 straight days, but within 14 days of first use. Water parks and Disney Quest are not included - they require the Water Fun and More add-on.
  • For Table Service places, do we need to make reservations? If so, where, and how long ahead of time?

I highly recommend making reservations, as many of the choice restaurants will have no seating available during the summer. 1(407)WDW-DINE. You can make reservations as far out as 180 days from your trip.
  • Are bags like purses, allowed in the park?

Yes. You will have to go through a bag check to search for weapons and such... no big deal. You can also take a soft-side cooler bag with water and such.
  • Is there a specific dress code? (I wear really dark lipstick sometimes that makes me look goth)

No swimsuits (exposed), vulgar T-shirts, and as long as nothing is hanging out that shouldn't be, you'll be fine! No worries about the lipstick!

I might have more, but not right now.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter