• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family Dilemma

magdog79

Mouseketeer
Ok so I am at a cross roads in that I usually rent points for my room reservations but the last time I did so my family was 4 (2 parent, 2 kids) and now my family is 5 (added another minion to the party). My dilemma is I was starting the planning then next trip where my family plus sister and fiance were coming with us. Now they are saying them might not be able to come. I originally was going to try and rent point for a 2 br at BCV but that won't work now.
I believe with 5 people now (too much money for 5 people in 2 br). The trip was for my youngest birthday where he turns 3. I was planning paying for tickets for all 3 kids (MB part of bday present) so I am unsure if a studio or 1 BR would work there now.
I feel I am in a hard place now as having a party of 5 is hard to book (correct me if i am wrong, hopefully) in DVC where it is economical. I have looked at a few sites and wdwinfo etc. etc... but have seen different conflicting numbers for room occupancy numbers for type of room and resorts. I am unsure if claiming him as 2 would make a difference or not as he turns 3 at park as I wanted to do the first trip being a bday event.

With new upgrades, many of the studios and 1 bedrooms sleep 5. OKW, AKL, GFV, PVV, BLV, and I think the remodeled BCV.

Ok, first, if your child is two at the start of your trip, he/she does not count towards room occupancy. So you will be a party of 4 + an infant. You can stay in any Disney room with an occupancy limit of 4 or more.

Even if that was not the case and he was 3 at the beginning of your trip, there are DVC studios that sleep 5 officially. There are also 1 BRs that sleep 5 officially (have 5 sleeping spaces) and if using points, unofficially (have 4 sleeping spaces but you can book for 5 and bring your own air mattress, bedding, etc.).

Do you have a list of those studio and 1 br locations for 5 as I saw conflicting occupancy lists. Not sure if that was because of the upgrading the rooms.

Do you have a list of those studio and 1 br locations for 5 as I saw conflicting occupancy lists. Not sure if that was because of the upgrading the rooms.
PVB, VGF, and VWL studios officially sleep 5. BWV and BCV are suppose to add the 5th soon. That's a little ironic, since VWL, BWV, and BCV one-bedrooms only sleep 4, while every other one-bedroom sleeps 5* (except AKV value rooms)

PVB, VGF, and VWL studios officially sleep 5. BWV and BCV are suppose to add the 5th soon. That's a little ironic, since VWL, BWV, and BCV one-bedrooms only sleep 4, while every other one-bedroom sleeps 5* (except AKV value rooms)

Thats part of my problem. I don't know when BWV and BCV will have add the 5th, and the others are too pricey for our length of stay make it worth staying in DVC of regular Disney reservations at the other resort hotels. I'd prefer DVC as I like the personal touch I have always gotten but not for an addition 1000

VWL studio point charts are virtually the same as BCV and BWV. The BWV refurbished that is changing the studios to 5 is currently under way however even though not complete the pool/garden view have allowed 5 to be booked for awhile even though they didn't really have 5 sleeping spaces (Some rooms had a deacons bench) So to book right away you for the least points it would be VWL or BWV pool/garden view studios.

VWL will have new construction starting in Oct however so something to be aware of. Scheduled to go until 2017.

We are going through this as well. Next March my DW and 2DD are going with sister-in-law and son. I don't want to spring for the 2bdrm since I know it wont be used or appreciated, so looking at what and where to sleep 5. So correct me if I am wrong, in all that say sleep 4, you can put a 5th but no bedding is included, right? Can you get the 5th a MB and all other things?

Just finished a call with MS, I was curious. Studio that your allowed for 5 are Poly, GFL, and WL. 1 bdrm can all take 5, but some have sleeping for 4 and you can get a cot, with no bedding for the 5th.
With the age of our kids, we can have 3 sleep in the same bed no issues for now.

So correct me if I am wrong, in all that say sleep 4, you can put a 5th but no bedding is included, right? Can you get the 5th a MB and all other things?
That's mostly true for one-bedrooms, but not true for studios.

Just finished a call with MS, I was curious. Studio that your allowed for 5 are Poly, GFL, and WL. 1 bdrm can all take 5, but some have sleeping for 4 and you can get a cot, with no bedding for the 5th.
With the age of our kids, we can have 3 sleep in the same bed no issues for now.
Like I said that's mostly true, but even the folks on the phone get some stuff wrong. You cannot sleep 5 in an AKV Value one-bedroom. In the other one-bedrooms that only provide sleeping areas for 4, they will not provide anything for the fifth; not a cot and no sheets or pillows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter