Family communications on shore & ship?

sigillaria

Mouseketeer
What is best way to stay in touch? On ship and shore...
1-cellphone
2-walky talky
3-Tinker Belle

Cellphones would be very expensive.
Walky Talky is a one time purchase, but of course somewhat limited in range
Tinker Belle unfortunately could only be one place at a time....

Walky talkys might not work due to the amount of steel on the ship. If you were down in the lower decks, I can't imagine that someone up on Deck 9 would be able to hear you. :confused3

A small white board left in the stateroom usually works to leave notes.

I would not call on my cell phone...but texting is .00 one way and .35 a text the otherI can't recall which is what!! I have T-Mobile.
Calls are 4.99 min on the ship and 2.99 a min in the Bahamas.
pirate:

Here are some suggestions:
On Board:
Walkie talkies are not the best but can work. You can always use a dry erase board BUT keep this in your room and not on the door for everyone to see. Just a safety issue. This is your best bet I would think. This way you can stay in touch but not everyone will know where you are.

Off the Ship:
Again cell phones will be expensive and I am not sure about walkie talkies. What about pagers?

Good luck and have a great cruise!

True.. but then you have to take time to figure out what she's trying to say :)

I can just see this conversation:
TINK: says something in her tiny voice
ME: The kids are in a hole?
TINK: Head shake.
Me: The kids want to buy a mole?
TInk: Bigger head shake
Me: The kids want a roll?
TInk: mad now b/c she kinda has a temper and is jumping on my head with pixie dust flying all around.
:)
Thanks for the laugh:lmao:

You guys crack me up!

Does anyone know the price for a text? I am assuming this charge will be outside your cell phone plan parameters.

You guys crack me up!

Does anyone know the price for a text? I am assuming this charge will be outside your cell phone plan parameters.
I would check with your carrier. Make sure you tell them what country you will be texting from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter