Family Board Game Ideas

I LOVE Bananagrams. Great game and so much fun.

Another vote for Banangrams!!! Our new addictions..we've played it almost everyday for the 1 1/2 weeks we've had it. I bought 4 to give as Christmas gifts.

The Settlers of Catan.

It has won tons of awards. Simple enough for a pre-teen to play against adults. It is a strategy game and different every time you play it. If you have never played a "tile based" game, you should try it.

"Family game night" was invented by advertisers sometime this decade. We played games as a family when I was a child but we never called it that.

Any time we got snowed in we played Risk. My husband will not play that game with me :laughing:

We enjoy Cranium and I'm gonna pick up "Would You Rather..." for DD this week - she's gotten on this kick of asking questions preceded by this phrase such as: "would you rather eat your foot or eat your hand?" :lmao:
weird, I know :confused3...but i know she'd really love to see it in a whole game

Apples to Apples, Phase 10 and there's a game we used to play all the time when I was in college, that I just bought for my kids, it's called Encore. It's a great game, you get cards with words or topics on them, and teams compete to come up with songs that fit the topic or have the word.... topics like "songs with girls names in the title" or "Blue" with different generations and music genres, it's fun to see what everyone comes up with.

DH and I don't have children, but we love board games and so does my extended family (all ages). We love Scattergories, Phase 10 (definitely #1 in my family), Apples to Apples, Balderdash, and Pit. Pit is a new favorite as of this year.

We love apples to apples.
We had Cmas with my family and my 18 year old daughter got "Game of Things". Everyone was laughing so hard they were crying.
She said they also play "Quelf" at school and it's also a blast.

Have fun with your family!!!!!!

DH and I don't have children, but we love board games and so does my extended family (all ages). We love Scattergories, Phase 10 (definitely #1 in my family), Apples to Apples, Balderdash, and Pit. Pit is a new favorite as of this year.

I have banded Pit. My family is too unruly and I was afraid that there might be injuries.

Apples to Apples is great, even better with more people. I like Blockus and the new game, Crikus looks similar and got lots of good press and awards I think. We just got Bananagrams so we'll see on that one!

We didn't have a specific game night when I was little but my family just always played games. I feel like we played a lot and I don't play enough with my kids. It's hard with a 4 year old who can't read so I'm working on it.

My kids just discovered Scattergories....and also some classics like Yahtzee and Bunco . They like Uno and Sequence too.

Not to hijack the thread but...how is the Disney Scene It for a family with big age spans.

Years ago we got the original Scene It and it was too hard for us to really enjoy even though dh is a movie fanatic.

A family member is giving us Disney Scene It and am hoping the whole family can play if we find a way to make it easier for our youngest but still fun for the rest of us. We have dh, myself, dd21, dd15 and dd4.

Cranium is ruling our family at the moment...its hilarious...especially when my parents play with us and we have three generations at it! its truly priceless to watch!!

We love Scene It and Catch Phrase gets pretty wild with our bunch. Talking about classics...monopoly would last all night at our house and you would think we really owned the properties the way we got all wound up and crazed, and playing with my uncle Joe....forgetaboutit!

We really do have a wide range...because dominoes and chess can get pretty rowdy around here too!

fun times, fun times!!

I have never even heard of Bananagrams!! I will definitely have to check it out!! :)

No TV growing up so we played games a lot-mainly cribbage and Aggravation. They are both awesome.

Second Settlers of Cataan. Carcassone is similar but simpler-lots of fun for kids and adults.

Millesbourne-car chase card game-simple and fun. I also like Phase 10 and UNO and Blokus.

Oh, and latest fave is 10 Days in Africa. Simple to learn, plays in about 20 minutes, fun and you even learn a little geography.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter