Families of five or larger...where do you stay?

Which hotel do you stay?

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Cabins at WL

• 2 connecting rooms at a value

• All Star Music family room

• rent points for a villa

• Deluxe hotel

• Outside of WDW

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are a family of 4, but this year we are taking MIL with us and getting 2 rooms at Pop Century. I debated between the 2 rooms at Pop, suite at ASMU or Port Orleans but I liked the idea of having 2 bathrooms at the end of the day when we are all coming in late and having 2 bathrooms will make it alot faster getting showers.

I have been to Disney many times as a family of 5, or 6, or even 8. We have stayed at many different resorts:

2 connecting value rooms
An All Star Family Suite
2 connecting deluxe rooms
2 non connecting deluxe rooms (yes, the request for connecting was not met!)
rented points for a 2 bedroom beach club villa
POR as a legal 6 (not recommended!)
and
off-site

For the money, we prefer the Family Suite. I do prefer the deluxe resorts, but it is hard to spend that much money on a room we are hardly in.

i voted POR but only because there was no "other"... we stay at POR so we can all get our names on one ressie and get the free dining, but then we take a second room w/a room only discount...

we have also stayed deluxe CL and were planning on B'walk deluxe CL room (holds 6) 'til the ils decided to join us and deluxe became out of the budget (we're treating)... we have also taken two value rooms a number of times (even when we were just a family of four as ds just turned three in march) and two delxe rooms at BC... so "other" would have suited me best!

We are a family of 5 (with our youngest being under 1) we stayed at POP on our last trip and my DH said that when we go back we need more room. We looked at staying at POR but decided to go with a villa (due to wash/dryer, kitchen and space - our daughter uses a walker). Although we aren't renting points were doing a cash reservation with a 40% off military discount.

We stay either at the Poly or Gf. We are spoiled by CL too. For the money, it works out best for us.

Now that our littlest is almost 3, we have no choice but to stay at deluxe or villa. DH is very tall and absolutely refuses to stay at Port Orleans because of the double beds; he says it's too uncomfortable with his feet sticking off the end. He's also not willing to stay in a value suite, and none of us really want to stay offsite. I don't know though, when our 2 oldest are both Disney "adults" in the next couple of years, DH may have to suck it up and put a chair at the end of the double beds at POR. ;)

We prefer the family suite because of the second bathroom pure and simple. The bedroom bed is also a queen which is great and the kids love having their own beds too makes the whole trip much more enjoyable! We will stay there as long as we can. I would love to stay deluxe someday but when I think about the extra room, bathroom and the extra $$$ the suite is perfect for us!

Family of Five-
Kids aged 16, 12, and 9.

Thru the years we've done a few different things.
~Two Connecting rooms at POP. (Hated it)
~Two Connecting rooms at CBR (It was fine.)
~Just last week we were in the GF CL in one room.

The last was absolutely the best for us and that's how we will be traveling from now on. If we'd done a GV instead of CL, the price difference between one room at a deluxe or two at a mod was minimal. (Less than $100.)

There are double sinks in the bathroom at the GF, plus the shower and toilet are in another area. So really, three people can be getting ready at the same time if need be.

If you keep everything organized everyday, and get everyone on a "you shower first, while so-and-so is brushing their teeth, etc" schedule, it's absolutely do-able! :thumbsup2

Now that our littlest is almost 3, we have no choice but to stay at deluxe or villa. DH is very tall and absolutely refuses to stay at Port Orleans because of the double beds; he says it's too uncomfortable with his feet sticking off the end. He's also not willing to stay in a value suite, and none of us really want to stay offsite. I don't know though, when our 2 oldest are both Disney "adults" in the next couple of years, DH may have to suck it up and put a chair at the end of the double beds at POR. ;)

Good news, they are putting queen beds in at POR.:)

Good news, they are putting queen beds in at POR.:)

They have already done all of POFQ and much of POR. I am a travel agent and we were there for training in June and were told that the trundle bed rooms at POR would "go away" when the rooms go to 2 queen beds, that there is not room for 2 queens and the trundle (plus with AOA coming and lots more family suites.)
But someone here on disboards says they KNOW that there will still be 5 person rooms at POR, but it will be some sort of pull down bunk. I just can't imagine how they are going to fit that in the room? Where would it be, one wall has the beds, one wall has the tv, one wall has the door and window, and one wall opens to the bathroom??:confused3

We are a family of 6 and have done all different varieties of stays at Disney, for this next trip it is 2 rooms at POFQ. I can't say which I like best, a 2 bedroom villa 40% off I guess, but this time with free food I will not be cooking anything anyway:love:

?......
But someone here on disboards says they KNOW that there will still be 5 person rooms at POR, but it will be some sort of pull down bunk. I just can't imagine how they are going to fit that in the room? Where would it be, one wall has the beds, one wall has the tv, one wall has the door and window, and one wall opens to the bathroom??:confused3
:

That's something I've been scratchin' my head about also. Guess we will find out in Dec....or maybe sooner on the Dis! ;)

We did two connecting rooms for our first 6 nights, before we went to the beach and then offsite in DTD for our remaining 3 nights. My mom comes with us, so connecting rooms are just the best option. I wanted to try a value suite or FW cabins, but next time we will be a family of 8, so that won't even be an option. Since the budget won't allow for a 2-bed suite at a deluxe, it will probably be two connectings at a value or mod.

Family of Five-
Kids aged 16, 12, and 9.

Thru the years we've done a few different things.
~Two Connecting rooms at POP. (Hated it)
~Two Connecting rooms at CBR (It was fine.)
~Just last week we were in the GF CL in one room.

The last was absolutely the best for us and that's how we will be traveling from now on. If we'd done a GV instead of CL, the price difference between one room at a deluxe or two at a mod was minimal. (Less than $100.)

There are double sinks in the bathroom at the GF, plus the shower and toilet are in another area. So really, three people can be getting ready at the same time if need be.

If you keep everything organized everyday, and get everyone on a "you shower first, while so-and-so is brushing their teeth, etc" schedule, it's absolutely do-able! :thumbsup2

I totally agree. That's what we do.

We are 6 but count as 5 for now (until Feb. 17). This trip, we're staying at POR. After this trip, if the whole family comes, we'll either do the family suites at ASMu or 2 rooms at ASMo.

We just suck it up and get two rooms (Or more when the WHOLE family travels). It's kind of fun, the kids get a kick out of running from room to room. Or door-to-door if they don't give us adjoining rooms. I LOVE some of the DVC resorts, but we stick to regular resort rooms. Soon full beds will no longer be an option for the boys, so it will be refurbished moderates or deluxe only for us. Darn them for getting so big :rotfl:

So my answer is adjoining rooms in the resort we can get the best annual pass or Florida resident discount for.

Wow, I can't believe how many people stay at deluxes! With 3 or more kids to boot! My next question should be how oftennn do you go.....or what is your salary to be able to afford it! Totally kidding!

Wow, I can't believe how many people stay at deluxes! With 3 or more kids to boot! My next question should be how oftennn do you go.....or what is your salary to be able to afford it! Totally kidding!
How about a category for within the gates of WDW but not a WDW hotel?

We've been staying a Wyndham Bonnet Creek. A 2BR for less than the cost of one value room. If you're on a budget and need space and luxury, its an amazing value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter