Families of 5 (or more)-Where do you stay on property?

Actually, all one bedrooms accommodate 5, you just have to supply your own bedding (like an air mattress) in those without a sleeper chair.

No, all 1 bedrooms do not accommodate 5. Disney reservations will not let you book 1 bedroom villa at Wilderness, Saratoga, Boardwalk, or Beach Club because there is only enough sleeping space for 4. I know there would be room for an air mattress or whatever, but you still can't book it with 5.

What are the rooms like at POR for 5? We just booked for January. We love POFQ so we are happy we will be close. My youngest is 3 now so we can't stay at POFQ unless we get two rooms.

What are the rooms like at POR for 5? We just booked for January. We love POFQ so we are happy we will be close. My youngest is 3 now so we can't stay at POFQ unless we get two rooms.

The Alligator Bayou rooms are the only moderate rooms on property that sleep 5. They are very popular, and can be hard to get, since so many people have 3 kids.

They used to have a trundle bed that pulled out from under one of the beds. Now they have all been remodeled and the bed for the 5th person actually pulls down from the wall. They are cute!!

This is by far the least expensive way for a family of 5 to stay on property.

We are a family of six and prefer 2 rooms at a value or moderate, we are trying a suite at AoA this time. We did NOT love the cabins, too many people for one bathroom and no privacy for the hubby and I ;)

You really should consider renting points from a dvc member. You will be suprised how really afordable it is this way. OKW is usually the least amount of points with some at AKV and standard view at BWV. A 1 bedroom at OKW and AKV both sleep 5. OKW also has the largest rooms on property and the balconies are huge. Some people complain that it is to spread out but not really. Just ask for a first floor and to be near a bus stop because you have young kids. They are usually very acomodating. It is our favorite. Even when the kids were little.

I haven't stayed in once sense the remodel, but from looking at the pictures, you will need to be very organized. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of storage space. It looks like less than before, with the way they placed the new kiddie beds.

But as a resort POR is beautiful. Very lush and green and peaceful. And a very neat themed pool.:thumbsup2

Stayed at POR in July for 3 nights, it is tight (kids are 11, 9, and 5) the 11 yr old was too big / tall for the Murphy bed, she fell out! :rotfl: but he 9 and 5 yr old thought it was perfect. We handled it mostly because we weren't in the room that much and the resort was fantastic. We were there for just 3 nights, and we are debating if we can handle a full 10 day trip in one room , when we have stayed in an ASMu family suite the last 2 trips...we liked the resort that much! We are leaning more towards POR because of the price difference, the pools and food court.

No, all 1 bedrooms do not accommodate 5. Disney reservations will not let you book 1 bedroom villa at Wilderness, Saratoga, Boardwalk, or Beach Club because there is only enough sleeping space for 4. I know there would be room for an air mattress or whatever, but you still can't book it with 5.

You can book 5 if it's a DVC points reservation, their occupancy rules are different.

POR works great for us, but we only use the room as a place to sleep.

The pulldown bed is quite nice (fit all of our 3 kids fine), and the refurbed rooms in the AB section came out great.

It's not spacious, but not uncomfortably tight either. It's also by far the most cost effective on property solution for a 5.

We just returned from a great stay at Wilderness Lodge. We are 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant. When checking into the bounce back offer, we were told we can't stay in a single room there as we will be 2 adults and 3 kids next year. We like the Deluxes and have stayed at WL, GF and the Poly. We are open to other resorts. What are the options? I know about the Villas and DVC but we like the themes of the regular resorts. Concierge is pricey so we are trying not to go that high.

You don't have to give up the themes of the regular resorts if you are at a DVC villa. There are DVC villas at Wilderness Lodge, at Contemporary, at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and at Boardwalk. They are being built at Grand Floridian now. The only resort that you couldn't get with a DVC villa is Polynesian, although there are rumors that it will be the next to have DVC villas added. I recommend a DVC 1-bedroom villa. Rent points to save money. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter