Falmouth Jamaica port adventures?

karamart39

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I am booked on an October cruise out of Galveston that goes to Falmouth, Jamaica. I've looked on the Disney website about port adventures in Falmouth but it doesn't currently have Falmouth listed as a port. I know this cruise is MANY months away, but does anyone have any idea when they might put Falmouth adventures on the website? I'm just curious/excited to see what we'll be able to choose from. It's our first ever cruise and we're very excited! Thanks so much!

karamart39 said:
Hi all. I am booked on an October cruise out of Galveston that goes to Falmouth, Jamaica. I've looked on the Disney website about port adventures in Falmouth but it doesn't currently have Falmouth listed as a port. I know this cruise is MANY months away, but does anyone have any idea when they might put Falmouth adventures on the website? I'm just curious/excited to see what we'll be able to choose from. It's our first ever cruise and we're very excited! Thanks so much!

I'll be on this cruise as well, leaving October 5th. I think this is the 1st year that DCL is going to the Jamaica port so the site may not be updated yet for excursions.

DH and myself, and kids are booked on the November 30th cruise :woohoo:. This port is new, to replace Costa Maya, and I guess they haven't done any contracts with vendors for excursions yet. We are kinda :confused3 curious also. When I've looked:surfweb: there seems to be alot of interesting stuff to do.

If you do a Google search for shore adventures of other cruise lines that go there, that should give you an idea, as different cruise lines often use the same vendors. We were there with Celebrity and the teens enjoyed hiking Dunns River Falls.

Platinum Castaway Cay members can start booking shore excursions 120 days before their cruise, so that's a minimum of 4 mos before the 1st cruise that DCL will announce the Jamaica excursions. Probably closer to 5 mos ahead of time. No doubt someone here on the DIS will post when the shore excursions apear on the DCL web site.

Thanks all! I think I will trying searching other cruise lines and see what excursions are offered in Falmouth - great idea.

We sailed on the Carnival Magic from Galveston last June and booked the Hilton Rose Hall resort through Jamaica for a Day. We booked this excursion on our own and the bus picked us up inside the port area so we felt very safe. It was an awesome day - yummy jerk chicken and pork, drinks were plentiful, and the water slide and lazy river were fun. We are returning to Jamaica this summer on another cruise and plan to book this excursion again.

When we sailed with RCCL last year we booked an outside company Barrett Adventures. Look them up on Trip Advisor. Excellent ratings and her staff is awesome. When we return next year we will be booking with her again regardless what Disney offers.

Spoke with Disney Cruise Line this morning-the notations in their system is coming soon. The Rep I spoke with said that they should be released by 120 day booking window for the October 5th cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter