Fall On-Site Hotel Prices - Why So High?

qman6975

Mouseketeer
I was looking at on-site hotel prices for the second week in November and the cheapest price was $470/night. Why is it so high and will it come down?

The 50th Anniversary celebration begins on Oct 1 and continues for 18 months. There is a lot of pent up travel demand and the celebration is a good excuse for travel plans. There are only a few Value and Moderate resort open at this time, and they typically will be the first to be booked up. At $470/ night you are probably only seeing prices for Deluxe resorts.

There are no discounts out for that time period yet, so the prices you are seeing are Disney's rack rate for those dates.
That right there is the big question though. Will there be any room discounts this fall with so many hotels still closed and the draw of the 50th celebration? After looking at some of these hotel prices I'm really glad that we bought points a while back.

I expect that balancing supply with demand will be a challenge for Disney for the next several months. I doubt that people who didn't travel last year will decide to take TWO vacations this year. There are also people who lost their job or business due to covid, so I would expect they won't be traveling anytime soon. How things continue to improve regarding covid is still in the 'wait and see' category.

Also if the US border restrictions are lifted then lots of British and European visitors ( inc me!) are expected. But $470 is putting me off ( I can get the Waldorf Astoria for $mid 200s( admittedly not disney)

The Dolphin for the same time is $270/night. Given most of the advantages of staying onsite are gone that might be the direction we will go.
Smart! I wonder when the new Dolphin Preserve hotel will actually open.
I'll also keep an eye on Disney's discounts & might still stay at a Disney-owned resort when we go IF the shocking prices come down.

The 50th Anniversary celebration begins on Oct 1 and continues for 18 months. There is a lot of pent up travel demand and the celebration is a good excuse for travel plans. There are only a few Value and Moderate resort open at this time, and they typically will be the first to be booked up. At $470/ night you are probably only seeing prices for Deluxe resorts.

I've been looking at values for a while, both before and after the 50th. Looks like the rack rate is $200+, with 30% discount in the $170's. Pre - cover I was paying at most in the $120's for preferred value with discount. Rates have really jumped post cover!

Smart! I wonder when the new Dolphin Preserve hotel will actually open.
I'll also keep an eye on Disney's discounts & might still stay at a Disney-owned resort when we go IF the shocking prices come down.

The new Reserve is suppose to open September 1st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter