• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall Honeymoon - Sept vs Oct vs Nov?

jasonandlindsay

Earning My Ears
Hello! We've just returned from Rome, Italy and are engaged :) We're planning a Fall 2006 wedding followed by a WDW honeymoon. We're looking for opinions from those who have gone to WDW in Sept, Oct, and/or Nov so we can determine when is the best time to go.

Share with us anything that may be useful :earsboy: post here, or email us at "JasonAndLindsaySmo at yahoo dot com" (i seperated it so it can let us post the address. For some reason since we are new users here, it wont let us post a link or address without fooling it.)

THANKS!

Granted, we got married in 1995 .... but we were glad we got married (and honeymooned) in October .... 10/21/1995 to be exact. The weather was nice and the lines were generally short.

Congratulations and enjoy!

Dave

i can definitely help you out in this department. rob and i got married on September 29th of last year. the weather was around the low to mid 80's. the weather was very comfortable to wear spring to summer clothes. at night, it was cool, around high 60's to low 70's. absolutely beautiful weather. in september, the crowds are small because the kids are in school. so, the lines are shorter. now, mind you that you are looking to get married during hurricane season. don't let this stop you. we didn't expect hurricane jeane to show up days before our wedding, but she did. jeane didn't ruin anything for us so it all worked out fine. we just have the fun memory of being locked in our room for the day while jeane paid a visit to WDW. you might get lucky, which I hope, that you do not have an unexpected visitor showing up for the wedding. if you need any more help or advice, give me a buzz.

My vote is for October...the weather is awesome, the lines are nearly non-existent (avoid columbus day weekend), and the Wine and Food festival is on in Epcot!!

I would vote for October too,,*smiles*.

We were married last year on Oct. 29th and most of the staff I talked to before booking the wedding recommended it. Hurricane season is pretty much over,,the weather was beautiful,,not too hot but not cold either,,we still went swimming at night. The kids are back in school so the parks are quieter,,we were able to get Priority Seating anywhere we wanted to as well. Also there's the Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom which was a lot of fun too! We went to that the night before the wedding!

Although Im sure that anytime you go to Disney will be a wonderful experience,,especially when your honeymooning,,but I personally like travelling off season,,hotel stays are cheaper off season too.

Congratulations and good luck planning!

the food and wine festival usually starts at the end of september and so does MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party).

Thanks for the replies everyone!!

Well, it looks like October IS wide open for the priest we'd like to have marry us. And, we're big on the # 28 since May 28th is our dating anniversary ... and it just so happens in 2006 October 28 is on a Saturday :). Im concerned about Halloween, however. Does it get super crowded in the days leading up to Halloween? Would mid October be better? What about the first weekend in November?

We were there from Oct. 28 - Nov. 4 and we didn't think it was all that crowded,,the night of the Halloween Party can be busy in the Magic Kingdom but it still wasn't mobbed out,,we just went on the 28th rather than the 31st to avoid the crowds. Also,,we noticed that the weekends may be a little busy but once the weekdays come the parks are not very busy at all,,at least that's how it was when we were there,, :flower:

My DH and I honeymooned at WDW in November and LOVED it- near the end of our stay we got to see all the Christmas Decorations in the different hotels (left November 20th). Very neat! October is also a nice time (been then too) September isn't my favorite, but that is more just my personal preference and stuff- the last time I went in September it rained the whole time we were there. I know it's not always like that and weather in Orlando is like the weather here in Houston- you never know what will happen. But if I got to pick it would be November with my second choice being October :D

tinkerbela said:
the food and wine festival usually starts at the end of september and so does MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party).

I love your wedding photo! I need to get that Mickey groom doll. It's too cute!

I'm going to Disney for my honeymoon -- Oct. 3rd-9th! I can't wait!

We were married in September of 2002! I loved being at WDW at that time (Sept 9-15). The crowds were non-existant. We were there over the first anniversary of 9/11 and at the MK. That was the most crowded day...but still very manageable!

Best wishes!!

I think Oct 28 would be perfect :) We're getting married at WDW this year on Nov 1...we think the weather is PERFECT that time of the year and the crowds are very low too :banana:

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter