Fall/Fall Advantage 2009 Hopefuls!!

I got housekeeping which was my third choice
and I think that I got it because no one else signed up for it
but i wanted it just as bad as the other things i put because each role has its own perks to it

If I were you, during the interview i would tell the recruiter what you are really interested in
and I am sure they will do there best

what were your first two choices?

my first choice was attractions
and second character attendant
which i really didnt want attractions unless it was a scripted one but I didnt tell my interviewer that
my brother had done attraction when he did the CP and he did small world, peter pan, and the carosel
He loved it, but we are two different people

But Housekeeping is working independently inside with air conditioning
and I think people tip sometimes too
my mom always did anyways
and I'm so glad that i actually read over it and applied
I guess I didnt think I would actually get it
:)

I am SUPER nervous.
I just had my phone interview, and since I mentioned wanting to be a character performer, I'm going to audition on the 27th of next month. Hopefully that goes well. I've had lots of experience in big, bulky costumes, so it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem. If I blow that audition though, do I still have a chance at working the other two positions they asked me about?(Attractions & Merch?)

augh!! I just got an email from a dcp recruiter asking why I haven't accepted/declined the offer yet...but I haven't even gotten anything in the mail saying I was accepted!!! luckily there was a little section in the email about what to do if you haven't gotten anything in the mail. I'm relieved to know I was def accepted but I want to know what I'll be doing!!!

augh!! I just got an email from a dcp recruiter asking why I haven't accepted/declined the offer yet...but I haven't even gotten anything in the mail saying I was accepted!!! luckily there was a little section in the email about what to do if you haven't gotten anything in the mail. I'm relieved to know I was def accepted but I want to know what I'll be doing!!!

It's been 30 days with nothing... I'm beginning to think that my acceptance package or rejection letter has been lost in the mail too. Was the contact info a phone number or email? How many days has it been since your interview? Thanks!

BTW, congrats on getting accepted! :thumbsup2

I am SUPER nervous.
I just had my phone interview, and since I mentioned wanting to be a character performer, I'm going to audition on the 27th of next month. Hopefully that goes well. I've had lots of experience in big, bulky costumes, so it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem. If I blow that audition though, do I still have a chance at working the other two positions they asked me about?(Attractions & Merch?)

Yes if you don't pass the audition, they'll refer to your interviewers notes about whether they thought you were a fit for your other choices or not based on the answers you gave in the interview. Just know you won't hear anything until 4-6 weeks after your AUDITION, not your interview.

Good luck! :)

i am super nervous! my interview is in less than 3 hours! i'm not sure about what to say about attractions, photopass photographer, BBB and character performer..
anyone out there who had the same roles and already had an interview? i would go back in the thread but it makes me feel more nervous lol i might miss something..

I am SUPER nervous.

If there is still room remaining in the other roles you picked, you will get one of them if you don't pass the audition.

I'm hoping for attractions(Rock'n Roller Coaster), or transportation with attractions being my number 1. Had my interview tonight.

Hi!! I'm Maribeth. I'm hoping to get into the Fall 2009 program. I'm 24 and from Nashville. I'm hoping to be done with school by the end of the summer. If not, a semester at Disney will be a nice break before finishing up in spring.
I checked a lot of roles (photopass, character attendant, attractions, costuming, housekeeping, recreation). I'm hoping for housekeeping or costuming.
I had my interview on 2/25. Now just 3 or 4 weeks until I know if I'll be headed South.

Does anyone know when applications end for fall advantage 2009? I plan on interviewing with my school on the third and applying. I'd prefer to do the advantage but haven't found much info on it.

Heeyyy!!

I'm Nikki from Philadelphia, PA, and I'm 22 years old! I applied for the Fall 2009 college program, so i'll be celebrating my 23rd bday in Disney!! I'm also doing the auditions in April in Pittsburgh to be a fur character. I'm short so I think I'd be good. Just gotta learn to dance a bit lol

I'm looking for some good roommates!! I'm always cursed to be stuck with the weirdos and I'm trying to avoid this here since it'll be for like 6 months! I'm a huge techy nerd so I'll be bringing my computer and xbox and maybe a printer. I also enjoy interior design and won most decorated bunk at camp when I was 14 lmao.

Soo hey! think I sound awesome?
Hit me up on myspace at

myspace.com/jellipop

1. Your name?: Nikki

2. Are you legal (over 21)?: I'll be 23 Sept of 09

3. Male or female?: Female

4. Gay, straight, bi (optional): Straight

5. Where do you live?: Philly PA

6. What role will you have at Disney?: no idea yet though I'm auditioning for a character

7. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: Fall 2009

8. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: non-wellness

9. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms)?: whatever

10. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: I probably will try to host something lol, depends on my housemates...I wouldnt do something without asking

11. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: I love breakfast meals, I'm a learning cook, I'm great with breakfast meals and lunches

12. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Nerdy, Outgoing, a little laid back

13. What kind of music/movies do you like?: I listen to pretty much everything but rap and hip hop. I like rock and boyband pop music though

14. Do you smoke, and if so, inside or outside?: nope

15. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): socially

16. Are you a night person or a morning person?: Night

17. Are you driving or flying down?: flying I think, or my poor dad is gonna drive me.

18. What do you do for fun?: I'm a nerd, I play video games, I love my laptop, I like designing things - I LOVE to decorate!

19. What is your favorite quote?: "I can't stress enough that I believe the best thing in the world is for everybody who feels like they have a story to tell, to tell it." - Joss Wheldon

20. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Getting away from home and meeting new people.

21. Favorite things to do when not working: Video games, tv, hanging out

22. Name one good quality about yourself: I'm a listener, if I do something to bug you I'll stop. I'm not an irritating person. I'm pretty well behaved lol

23. Name one bad quality about yourself: I can be loud by accident, like when I'm talking (like not in a mean way just I talk loud on occasion), just throw something at me

24: Your college: Community College of Philadelphia

25: Your major: Web Design, Graphic Design, Broadcast Media

26. Any medical conditions (optional): a little asthma and allergies

27. Are you messy/tidy?: Tidyish

28. Anything else you want to state: I have not been accepted yet, but crossing fingers! -- I'll stick to this! lol

:woohoo:

Does anyone know when applications end for fall advantage 2009? I plan on interviewing with my school on the third and applying. I'd prefer to do the advantage but haven't found much info on it.

There are presentations going into April (my school's presentations are on April 8th). So you should be fine.

Hey do you go to Auburn?
DF and I go to there, we already did the E-Presentation and got offered roles. DF still wants to attend one of the presentations though.

P.S. if you do go to Auburn how did you like the snow today?

Heyy everyone. This is my first post and I'm hoping to get accepted for the Fall Advantage, I had my interview this past Friday so I have a while to wait. =(

1. Your name?: Khristine

2. Your age?: 21, I'll be celebrating my 22nd in October while I'm there.

5. Where do you live?: Groves, Tx (Beaumont Area)

6. What role will you have/want at Disney?: I signed up for Character Attendant, Attractions, PhotoPass Photographer, and Merchandise. But with all of my Retail experience that's probably where I'll end up.

7. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: Fall Advantage!! All of my campus reps told me they wish they would have done it so they could have stayed longer.

8. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: Probably Chatham Square since I've heard good things about it.

9. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms)?: probably 3 bedrooms

10. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties/activites in your apartment?: yes and probably not, but who knows.

11. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: Chinese! and I can cook some things, but usually I don't like to.

12. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: lazy (only because I like to sleep alottt lol), busy (when I'm awake I am always doing something), and music (It's my passion)

13. What kind of music/movies do you like?: Music - everything, oldies to rock to pop to hip hop, not so much country but some of it is okay. Movies - Sci-fi, Fantasy, Comedy, Romantic, Horror. I love lots of movies.

15. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): occasionally

16. Are you a night person or a morning person?: night, but I'm a middle of the day person too.

17. Are you driving or flying down?: I'm not sure yet. I'd rather drive, but if i do my mom or dad will have to take me, or I'll have to catch a ride because my car is a piece.

18. What do you do for fun?: CONCERTS, I love going to concerts. and while I'm there I'm sure I'll be in the park when I'm not working lol

19. What is your favorite quote?:: "I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality." -H.A. Overstreet

20. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: The chance to explore career opportunities and mostly the free admission and chance to make new friends.

21. Favorite things to do when not working: There it will be going to the parks and hanging out with new friends.

22. Name one good quality about yourself: Very Motivated when it's something I like doing.

23. Name one bad quality about yourself: Procrastinator

24: Your college: Lamar State College - Port Arthur

25: Your major: Business Administration

26. Any medical conditions (optional): nope

27. Are you messy/tidy?: mostly tidy but who isn't a little messy sometimes.

28. What sports do you like?: I used to play Golf in high school and I was on the Color guard team (flags), but I don't really play or watch any as of recently.

29. Do you plan on having a car at Disney?: nope, my car would die ='(

30. Anything else you want to state: I hope I get accepted because my cousin is so tired of listening to me talk about it lol.

1. Your name?: Jennifer

2. Your age?: 19....I'll be turning 20 while Im at Disney

5. Where do you live?: Clinton, OH

6. What role will you have/want at Disney?: QSFB

7. What are your arrival/departure dates/program?: My arrival date is May 20 and departure is Jan 2nd. Fall Advantage 2009!

8. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: Patterson or Chatam

9. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms)?: Id like 3 other roommates

10. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties/activites in your apartment?: Yess, and hopefully!:goodvibes

11. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: Hahah uhmmm cooking isn't exactly my speciality!:laughing:

12. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Highstrung (I always have tons of energy!):banana: Funny( I always make everyone laugh) Caring( I always put others before me!)

13. What kind of music/movies do you like?: Music is my life! I love every kind, but i am in particular to rock, screamo ,pop punk,...that kind of stuff. And I love funny movies or chick flicks lol

15. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): Socially?

16. Are you a night person or a morning person?: Both

17. Are you driving or flying down?: Driving!!

18. What do you do for fun?: I go to concerts like no ones business! I love reading and writing music reviews, I also love video games!:3dglasses

19. What is your favorite quote?::I have wayy too many of those!

20. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Well to meet lots of new people and experience something amazing! Plus i have NEVER been to WDW or anything like it!:cool2:

21. Favorite things to do when not working: Well since Im still in OH when Im not working I hang out with my friends on my free time, but when Im there it will probably be going to parks and exploring Orlando!

22. Name one good quality about yourself: I am always positive! I can turn any potentially "bad" situation into a great one!pixiedust:

23. Name one bad quality about yourself: Procrastination....ughh:rolleyes1

24: Your college: Stark State College

25: Your major: Journalism

26. Any medical conditions (optional): nope

27. Are you messy/tidy?: A little bit of both

28. What sports do you like?: Basketball! Cleveland Cavs!!:thumbsup2

29. Do you plan on having a car at Disney?: Yesss I do!

30. Anything else you want to state: I am so overly excited about this its unreal!

1. Your name?: Melissa

2. Your age?: 18 for the summer but I will turn 19 August 22nd. This will be the first birthday away from my family and friends so it will be interesting.

5. Where do you live?: Chesterton, IN (near Chicago) but school is in Bloomington, IN

6. What role will you have/want at Disney?: I want hospitality, attractions, transportation, or maybe vacation planner.

7. What are your arrival/departure dates/program?: I hope to do FA and I want to start either the 18th or 20th of May. My plans have changed a lot recently for the summer but I am not sure yet. Hopefully I will know what I want tomorrow, then I just have to get accepted!

8. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: Probably Chatham Square wellness.

9. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms)?: Either 2 or 3 bedrooms.

10. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties/activites in your apartment?: I like to go out with friends but I don't like to go to a lot of drinking parties. I want to hang out in parks, go to dinner or the beach, etc. Anyone up for it should PM me. I might have friends in the apartment if it is okay with the roommates but not really any big parties.

11. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: I love pasta and hamburgurs, lol. I can cook decently but mostly basic stuff. A chef I am not.

12. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Reliable, organized, impatient, lol. Not knowing my exactl summer and fall plans is making me slightly neurotic, lol. Especially since there is only 2 and a half months till Fall Advantage and I won't get to go to a presentation for a week! This is killing me...

13. What kind of music/movies do you like?: I like most music but too much rap gets on my nerves quickly, lol. I like country, rock, pop, and a lot of mainstream stuff though. For movies I like most action or comedy but not stupid humor. I can only take so much of that before it drives me up a wall. 14-year-old brothers will cause that, lol.

14. Do you smoke, and if so, inside or outside?: Nope

15. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): Nope

16. Are you a night person or a morning person?: Night

17. Are you driving or flying down?: Hopefully I will be driving!

18. What do you do for fun?: I like to do water sports, swimming, kayaking, skiing. I am kind of depressed about the possibility of no kayaking this summer. As much as I want to be at Disney it will be hard. I want to hang out in the parks or at the other Orlando parks a lot and take some day trips. Hopefully I can find some people up for it!

19. What is your favorite quote?:
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking, Indiana...Mafia. But in Indiana it's not like New York where everyone's like, 'We're from New York and we're the best' or 'We're from Texas and we like things big' it's more like 'We're from Indiana and we're gonna move."
~Jim Gaffigan (So true!)

20. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Meeting a ton of new people and spending time in Florida! Plus I really need a break from school and I could justify taking time off for this with my parents, lol.

21. Favorite things to do when not working:
Well, at school I'm not working but last summer I worked at Cedar Point so it was mainly hanging out in the parks or with friends.

22. Name one good quality about yourself: I am the type of person who tends to feed off of the energy of those around me. When I am with really excited and outgoing people this tends to make me more excited and outgoing.

23. Name one bad quality about yourself: I have trouble warming up to people sometimes. It really is true that I am quiet until you get to know me, then you just wish I was.

24: Your college: Indiana University - Bloomington

25: Your major: Marketing and a minor in Tourism Management

26. Any medical conditions (optional): Nope

27. Are you messy/tidy?: I can be both. I let messes happen but then I am OCD about cleaning them up, lol. At least this only applies to my things. If my roommate is messy, within reason, I can deal with it. 3 foot permanent piles of 'stuff' is not reasonable.

28. What sports do you like?: Football!!! Go Chicago Bears, lol. Also non-pro sports. My younger siblings are really athletic and I get into their stuff like soccer, basketball, softball, etc.

29. Do you plan on having a car at Disney?: I am hoping so. Depends on whether my parent's extra vehicle will last the 17 hour drive, lol

30. Anything else you want to state: I am really excited for this! I didn't think I would be able to take a semester off to do this but I a soooo glad it worked out. I also really want to get some passes to other Orlando parks for the time I'm down there. I love Disney but if I have 7 months in Orlando I don't want to feel like Disney is all I do. Plus that might make me not appreciate it as much. If anyone else wants to get a group of people together to get passes and hang out let me know!! The hardest part will be finding people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter