• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall discounts released!!

Is it true that room discounts are almost always a better deal over free dining if you stay deluxe, but at a value or mod the free dining can win out? Especially at a value?

For my family of 2, absolutely. Even the QSDP costs us around $75-$80/day and for a weeklong trip, the $150 or so I'd save at 15% off a Value can't touch the $600 "value" of the dining plan. And there's no way we can eat for a week at Disney on $150.

Our travel agent said there was no discount available for us. I suppose they don't need to discount the CR club level with theme park view rooms. I would guess the discount applies to some of the less desirable rooms that they're trying to fill.

I got a discount on my CR Theme Park room that was already booked at the AAA rate.

I got a discount on my CR Theme Park room that was already booked at the AAA rate.

You must have gotten it early in the day because I was told by 10 am yesterday no discount on my CR-Bay Vew Room. In fact, no discounts at the CR except on a few suites. Same with GF. I think it also depends upon your week. We are 11/15-11/22.

You must have gotten it early in the day because I was told by 10 am yesterday no discount on my CR-Bay Vew Room. In fact, no discounts at the CR except on a few suites. Same with GF. I think it also depends upon your week. We are 11/15-11/22.

We have the only room with a roll in shower that is Theme Park View. I couldn't believe there was just one room that fit m medical needs. It wasn't even available when I originally booked a different room type so we felt we had to jump on it. Maybe that's why.

Wasn't able to get a discount on my Pool/Lagoon view room at BC yesterday (I called twice), but this morning I checked online and they were showing. I called and saved about $400.
This in addition to the $1000 we saved at WL CL.

Now waiting to see if AP discounts come out to possibly save some more :)

Wasn't able to get a discount on my Pool/Lagoon view room at BC yesterday (I called twice), but this morning I checked online and they were showing. I called and saved about $400. This in addition to the $1000 we saved at WL CL. Now waiting to see if AP discounts come out to possibly save some more :)
Im sorry Im not trying to sound at all rude saying this... I'm just confused... but isn't the discounts that came out yesterday for AP discounts? We got a discount on a room for December for GF... saved 20% I think. Should I still be waiting for AP discounts or is that what they were able to apply?

We just upgraded our standard view room at POR to garden view with the discount. Saved us $104. Not a huge discount, but I'll take a better room for less money any day. We called twice. The first cm told us there was nothing available. The second was able to do it no problem. If they tell you it's not available then try again.

Im sorry Im not trying to sound at all rude saying this... I'm just confused... but isn't the discounts that came out yesterday for AP discounts? We got a discount on a room for December for GF... saved 20% I think. Should I still be waiting for AP discounts or is that what they were able to apply?

The promo that was released yesterday was for the general public for "late fall" (starting October 4th). I'm not an AP holder and discovered the discount when pricing out my vacation online.

Okay, today I checked and I can get Bay Lake Tower for slightly less than what i am paying for the Contemporary theme park view. Is there a big difference between the two?

Okay, today I checked and I can get Bay Lake Tower for slightly less than what i am paying for the Contemporary theme park view. Is there a big difference between the two?

Is the BLT room a theme park view? If not, I'd stick with a theme park view.

I agree with the poster who said above to keep checking. Yesterday there were no discounts for Poly, standard view, so I changed to Theme Park View for a $100 savings. Today I checked online and standard view was available, so I called back, changed back to standard and saved another $800.

So annoyed I didn't see this yesterday. I was checking periodically and noticed today. Couldn't get a discounted room at the BC or BW, but got a standard view at the Yacht Club. Just glad to be close to Epcot. Thanks for posting!

FYI-

There's def more availability today for some resorts than there was yesterday. Check again if you were interested in a particular resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter