• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall break ideas

left210

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a vacation for fall break. We get a week this year in October. Any suggestions for a place to go with 11 and 4 year old boys? We want to wait to go to Disney next year so that is out. We live in the Midwest. We can drive or fly. Thanks.

Blue Ridge Parkway is beautiful that time of year and you could stay in Gaitlinburg or Pigeon Forge, there is plenty to do in that area!

St. Louis has a TON of great places and many of them are free or very cheap. Off the top of my head...

The St. Louis Arch
The Zoo
The Magic House
The Missouri Botanical Gardens
The Science Center

and many others that aren't coming to me at the moment.:rotfl:

ETA: If you do St. Louis, stay in O'Fallon, IL or Fairview Heights, IL. They are both off of I-64, so not sure what part of Indiana you are from (we grew up in Floyds Knobs), but those are great places to stay with tons of shopping and dining.

Another vote for St. Louis. That is where we took our DD7 and DD5 for their fall break and it was perfect! We went to the St. Louis Arch, the Brewery (kids loved the horses), the Zoo, the Magic House, and Grant's Farm. They keep asking to go back:)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Our usual for fall break is Gatlinburg so we were looking for something different this year. Sorry I didnt mention that. We have considered St. Louis but my sons school trip this year might be to St. Louis plus we were wanting to wait and do St. Louis during baseball season to go to a game too.

Smitch425 - we are just a few minutes from Floyds Knobs - it is a small world!

Wisconsin Dells usually runs fall specials. The kid love swimming indoors when it is cold outside :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter