Fall adult only trip...any suggestions/comments

GWhitten98

Whitten Family
DH and I are going for our first and possibly only adults only trip to DW. We will be there Oct 23-28th, staying Port Orleans French Quarter. We arrive late (9pm) on the 23rd so no activities that day and the 28th we have to catch ME at 900 so time for anything that morning. This leaves of 4 full days, which we have PH tickets for(although currently we are not hopping). This is not meant to be a hard core, go all day kind of trip. I want to sleep some mornings and hit the pool pretty much every day. My plan includes the following...

10/24(Sat) -- Magic Kingdom
8am breakfast at BOG(if not we will get QS breakfast at the resort and not get to park till 930)
Ride mine train at 9am
Key to the Kingdom tour at 930
Return to resort around 3
Dinner at California Grill @ 730 (I would really prefer to change this to 'Ohana)
Return to park for night time entertainment(maybe)
10/25(Sun) -- Hollywood Studios
Sleep in and hang out at the resort pool
Get to the park for 145 ADR at Sci-Fi
FP for RnR and TOT
Catch the boat to BC for Beaches and Cream ADR at 550
Return for 730 Fantasmic
Check of the rest of the park till close

10/26(Mon) -- Epcot
Hang out at resort till 11
Soaring FP+
Go to WS for afternoon for F&W
Another pass through Future word on the way back to resort
Lite Dinner at DTD or hang out at resort​

10/27(Tues) -- Epcot
Arrive at 8am EMH Ride Test track and Soaring
Breakfast in France
Return to resort around 10
Return to Epcot by 4pm for more WS/F&W
Eat to the beat(Dinner package hopefully)
FP for illuminations/Close the park​

No AK..........hmmmm? :worried: Your Saturday plan is tight in the morning until the KK tour (nice choice :D) I'd keep Cali Grill the view is spectacular and the food is just awesome (very adult :P) Also the fireworks from up there are........AWESOME!!! Personally I'm not a fan of sleeping in..........especially if pool time is on my agenda, its warmer at mid-afternoon, better for the pool IMHO. For me I like to get my pool and/or NAP :P time when the sun is highest and its hottest! But its your plan so if it works for you......go for it! The other reason I like to be at the parks early is because I want to avoid "having" to have a FP+ for a big ride, when I can. Your plan seems to be counting on having FP's for the best rides..............now you may get them........but what if you can't get a time that meets your plan? If you do HS (no TSMM o_O) and Epcot first thing............you can walk on at least one of the rides you've got marked as FP, with a much shorter wait than you'll have at 2pm.

Hey its your trip and I think most of the plan is doable, with the exception of the tight schedule for the MK in the morning. My wife and I are on our own now and we love the "Adult" Disney trip.

Wishing you a magical pixiedust: vacation!!!

Doug :goofy:

I think your schedule on 10/25 is too tight. I don't think you can eat at Beaches and Cream at 5:50 and make it back for Fantasmic.

I also would suggest trying to avoid the parks during the afternoon, when it's going to be at it's hottest and most crowded. My husband and I always try to do rope drop with naps or pool time in the afternoon returning to the parks for dinner etc.
If you do stay in the afternoon just be prepared to take it really slow, with lots of breaks for shade, air conditioning and water.

H and I have done 3 grown up trips this year and will do one more in August. We would never sleep in at Disney. We always get to a park at rope drop ( so much easier without waiting for teenagers!). Come back and do the resort pools in the afternoon when the crowds are bad at the parks.

I have to agree with PP, moving around with only two people, both adults none the less, is much easier than with a group or kids. I would get up early, and then when you get tired or hot go back to the resort. You've paid for a Disney trip, I would try to get the most out of the mornings. I find myself more rested at Disney with an afternoon swim/power nap than I do sleeping in. The one time I slept in I regretted the time wasted, when this Northern girl walked out and started her day in the Florida heat.

Our trips with the kids have been rope drop all the way, but we wanted this to be more relaxed. I definitely don't want to be out in the heat of the day if it's that bad. Is it really going to be that hot at the end of October?

I was there last year at the end of October and it was between 80°-85° F. I pretty much always go in October and it's been warm, every time.

October is pretty warm, but quite tolerable. I don't think it's necessary to flee the parks in the afternoon. Considering that you have four days in between travel days, I would stay in the parks to get in more rides, shows, parades, etc. For one thing, this itinerary doesn't even include the great new Festival Of Fantasy parade, which is on every day at 3:00 at the MK. A must see, especially if you've never seen it before.

My wife and I have learned to sleep in with FP+. You can do everything that you want without getting up early one time. We don't mind the heat - in fact, we love it. But we also don't plan much on these vacations - we wing it and stay totally relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter