• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall 2016 planning (continuation of 2016 Free Dining Watch)

((((HUGS)))) It must have been so difficult to enjoy your trip, even after two months. Our fur babies creep into our hearts and it's so difficult to lose them!

Today was my 180 day mark!!! I'm so excited!! This is what I got:

December 11: Tusker House 2:55. (Not anywhere near the time I wanted so I'll keep checking. It was literally totally booked. I also called to check, just in case. This is our only character meal.

December 12: want to book Coral Reef for the Candlelight Processional - not available yet.

December 13: Raglan Road 12:00 for an appetizer and bread pudding!
Captains Grill: 6:45

December 14: Be Our Guest lunch 11:20!!! This is the one I stressed about the most, but was the easiest to get!!!
Whispering Canyon Cafe 5:35 my daughter's request.

December 15: Mama Melrose 3:55. Want the fantastmic package, but it's not available yet, so I may change this to a dinner timing meal, in case I can't get the package.

December 16: Be Our Guest lunch 11:45. Yay, I get to try two different meals!
California Grill 5:50. Daughters request, perfect timing for the boys and were not going to the party that night.

December 17: Kona Cafe. 9:30. My daughter is vegan and they have vegan Tonga toast

So, I'm satisfied, except for Mama Melrose and Tusker House!! Thank goodness this is over, lol. Did anyone else have weird things happen when they made online reservations? When I received my emails, I had to call as two of them came up with November dates(?), and my WCC showed up, even though it booked at 8:50 as the only time available, tonight!!!!!! So when I called to cancel that, she asked if I still wanted the Dec. 14 at 5;35. Ummmm yep. Can I have that reservation number please, lol.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Monday!!!
I could never have imagined how upset I would be losing Ginger. The kids sometimes ask for a pet, but I told them I didn't think I could go through that again.

Congrats on scoring your ADR's!! Definitely keep checking. Last night I checked BOG and they had a table at 10:55pm. I didn't switch my current reside because I don't think I'd want to sit down to eat at 11pm, but I was happy to see something show up!! I really like the braised pork at BOG. We are going to Kona for Tonga toast too!!!

Me too! My retriever definitely has an Odie personality. He is the happiest sweetest dog who always looks like he is smiling. The vet joked last time we took him that he is the only dog who smiles when he is at the vet, LOL.
That's too funny :D. I always joke that I'm the only one that enjoys going to the dentist. When I would go in for a checkup, I'd ask if I could have some laughing gas. :rotfl2: They would laugh, but always said no. :confused3

I'm glad you got what you wanted. We are going to have to cancel our BOG res because its at 8:15 and we can't grantee our bus will get us there on time from POP since it shows they only start running 45 minutes before the park opens. Plus we don't want to hassle with Uber or a Taxi. So we booked two tours. We are doing the seeds one at Epcot and also the Mericitale one. Really looking forward to these. They will be on our last day.
That sounds like fun!! I would love to do Keys to the Kingdom tour!!

thank you, I booked last week when SW had a 3 day sale, $354PP r/t and added EBCI both flights $30= $384 total. Our return is 11/19 which is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Managed to snag WGA fares for the return and now they are all "sold out" again. Happy to get below $400pp. watching to see if SW has an Anniversary sale this week and will check for lower fares.
Yikes! That's still a lot. Maybe I'm still in denial, but since I got flights for $232 in 2013, I figure I have to at least try to get flights at $260 or less.
Here's hoping!

Last edited:

We have a reservation for Chef Mickeys on Oct. 2 and going to the Halloween party. Does any one know if it will be one credit or two ? Going to keep the reservation and hopefully they honor it as 1 TS credit.

Hi- new here and just started planning a November 2016 trip- is free dp available?
The FD offer started at the end of April for dates certain dates between August to December. Check out the WDW website under special offers and plug in your dates. Availability is limited, but you never know what might open up.

We have a reservation for Chef Mickeys on Oct. 2 and going to the Halloween party. Does any one know if it will be one credit or two ? Going to keep the reservation and hopefully they honor it as 1 TS credit.
As of right now the Disney website is still showing 1 credit. I can't imagine they would change it to 2 credits before 2017 because of all the mess it would create for reservations that are already booked.

Hmmm, I hadn't considered this.

We have several PPO breakfasts booked and will be using only Disney transportation. I seem to remember reading somewhere that resort buses start running at 6:30am. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes. Buses start running at about 6:30am for PPO breakfasts, even though cm's at the resorts will frequently tell you otherwise. :goodvibes

Hi- new here and just started planning a November 2016 trip- is free dp available?
In November, FD can be booked for check in dates 11/15-11/21 and 11/26-11/28 depending on availability. The FD promo ends on 7/8. Happy planning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter