Fall 2016 planning (continuation of 2016 Free Dining Watch)

That's what the logical part of my brain says... But if the after hours thing was selling out for every night, I wouldn't put it passed them to do something crazy!
Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case. However, from what I've seen anyone who has done after hours has loved it. Of course, that's because hardly anyone bought the tickets so the park is empty lol
I agree, I was worried when I saw all the after hours events that if they did well they would see this as a reason to hike up the prices of the parties!

Have a question I've never seen addressed... I know that when you book a dining plan online with your package it is based on the number of nights you've booked, but is it possible if you call Reservations for them to make the dining plan for a lesser number of nights? In other words I purchase a 6 Night/6 Day package but only want the dining plan for 5 Nights.
You can use your credits however you want. You could book 2 or 3 TS for on day. I have never heard of them removing credits. Any unused credits you have will expire at midnight the day you check out.

I'm still debating on MVMCP, even if it is still in our price range. My daughter will almost be 3 and I don't know if it will just be a waste of money if she is konked out at 9. The rest of us have done it before and this trip is for her and for us to see it through her eyes at this age.
Anybody have any advice or experience with my situation?

So no hours yet? No Wishes so far....hard to plan with so little info.

Feel sorry for those staying November 1st.

Even if you could, you'd still be paying rack rate for your package for the full amount of nights.

I think your only option would be to book the fd package for five nights and try to get a discounted room for one night. But then you have to check in and you may have to change rooms.
Not doing FD since not available during my time. I currently have a 5NT/6Day TA exclusive package discount and just paying for the dining plan but want to extend the number of nights in the package from 5 nights to 6 nights (and hopefully get a break on that 6th night as being part of the exclusive package) but keep the dining plan at only 5 nights. I know I could probably do just a split stay as you mentioned but that brings about the other complications.

Not doing FD since not available during my time. I currently have a 5NT/6Day TA exclusive package discount and just paying for the dining plan but want to extend the number of nights in the package from 5 nights to 6 nights (and hopefully get a break on that 6th night as being part of the exclusive package) but keep the dining plan at only 5 nights. I know I could probably do just a split stay as you mentioned but that brings about the other complications.

I think the DP is an all or nothing add on to the reservation from what I have read. You can always call and ask, but chances are you'll get different answers each time you call. Keep calling until you get 2 that are the same, or until you get an answer you like maybe? Haha

I'm still debating on MVMCP, even if it is still in our price range. My daughter will almost be 3 and I don't know if it will just be a waste of money if she is konked out at 9. The rest of us have done it before and this trip is for her and for us to see it through her eyes at this age.
Anybody have any advice or experience with my situation?

Do it now, before she turns 3 and costs extra :p

Oh, I see. I don't think you can technically do that. But as Meeko said, just call and ask. You never know.

I once had a cm extend my AP for an extra week so I didn't have to buy more tickets. I said, "you can do that?" The cm said, "some of us have the power to do just about anything."

Do it now, before she turns 3 and costs extra :p
I know right! I keep obsessing over it. If we were going Halloween I would already penciled it on my schedule. I just don't know if the Christmas party would hold her attention enough if she was fighting sleep. Maybe I'll flip a coin.

Oh, I see. I don't think you can technically do that. But as Meeko said, just call and ask. You never know.

I once had a cm extend my AP for an extra week so I didn't have to buy more tickets. I said, "you can do that?" The cm said, "some of us have the power to do just about anything."
lol, that's what I need, a CM with some serious pixie dust :)

That's what the logical part of my brain says... But if the after hours thing was selling out for every night, I wouldn't put it passed them to do something crazy!
Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case. However, from what I've seen anyone who has done after hours has loved it. Of course, that's because hardly anyone bought the tickets so the park is empty lol
As someone who has attended the party multiple times, that kind of price hike would be a big turn off no matter how much I enjoy the party.

I know right! I keep obsessing over it. If we were going Halloween I would already penciled it on my schedule. I just don't know if the Christmas party would hold her attention enough if she was fighting sleep. Maybe I'll flip a coin.
I'm in a similar situation. Bringing our two kids DD8 and DS almost 2. We really want to do MVMCP one night. I planning to do a shortened park day that day. Sleeping late, hopefully Cali Grill for Sunday brunch, couple hours in a park then back to the resort for naptime for the little one. Then around 3pm start making our way back to MK for the party at night.

We are still looking for a stand room at yacht club or beach club in September.
So are we, our dates are 13th - 17th. We managed to get garden/woods at YC, but I did notice there was no availability for standard at either YC or bc in the week before fd dropped.

Happy Sunday everyone!!!! I've been researching and I've never gone in December before this year. I was surprised to see that Candlelight Processional ticket packages require purchasing dinner vs using the dining plan, as for Fantasmic. So, at this point, with 4 Disney adults, I'm not sure we will do the reserved seating or not. Decisions, decisions!!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!! I've been researching and I've never gone in December before this year. I was surprised to see that Candlelight Processional ticket packages require purchasing dinner vs using the dining plan, as for Fantasmic. So, at this point, with 4 Disney adults, I'm not sure we will do the reserved seating or not. Decisions, decisions!!

I don't understand your comment. You absolutely can use the DDP to pay for CP dining packages. It uses 2 credits per person though, so most people seem to agree it's not the best use of the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter