Fall 2012 Professional Internships

I disagree that you have to be a College Program alumni to get a PI. I actually quit the College Program half way through, came back to Disney a year later and worked another year as a regular and then quit to finish up school and I got accepted for a PI role. So it is very possible to get a role even without CP. I do strongly encourage Disney experience though!

best thing I think you can do is align yourself with what they need, find out what the skills are guest relations cast members use, what training they have then try to match and exceed whatever they have. And if you are in CP dont forget to NETWORK!!!

i hope this is good advice and i dont come off as lecturing

good luck!!!!

It doesn't say the prices on their website...but on an apartment rating website it said a studio/one bedroom is 1000+.. thats ridiculous! I wonder how correct that is...and if PI's get paid enough to afford it & have money left to survive? I'm researching for next round of PI's in 2013..hmmm.

dont worry the pricing you see is not the pricing you get. Its 135 a week for a 4 person apartment and 127 a week for a 6 person apartment, these are 2BR and 3BR, respectively. It comes out to about 500 a month which seems pretty normal considering you get all utilities, house cleaning, internet, furniture, etc.

I disagree that you have to be a College Program alumni to get a PI. I actually quit the College Program half way through, came back to Disney a year later and worked another year as a regular and then quit to finish up school and I got accepted for a PI role. So it is very possible to get a role even without CP. I do strongly encourage Disney experience though!

best thing I think you can do is align yourself with what they need, find out what the skills are guest relations cast members use, what training they have then try to match and exceed whatever they have. And if you are in CP dont forget to NETWORK!!!

i hope this is good advice and i dont come off as lecturing

good luck!!!!

Thanks so much for your reply and advice!!

That's so great that you were able to land a PI after self-terming. I've heard that it's very hard to get rehired after leaving halfway through.

What CP and PI roles did you get accepted for? Also, are you still working for Disney now?

Thanks so much for your reply and advice!!

That's so great that you were able to land a PI after self-terming. I've heard that it's very hard to get rehired after leaving halfway through.

What CP and PI roles did you get accepted for? Also, are you still working for Disney now?

I am not working for Disney currently, I think what helped was I had a good rehire status, and a virtually clean record. I did a lot of training while I was at Disney so I think that also helped. I only got accepted to one so far Workforce Management Cast Deployment which is completely different than my college major but I want to try and branch out. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of them but I doubt i got any other of them.

I am no longer in the game for the PI's :( Got NLIC for Adventures by Disney on Monday and NLIC for WDPRO Finance this afternoon. At least I can say I fought a good fight! lol

Good luck to anyone else out there still waiting to hear! I'm going to try one more time for Spring 2012 and then that's it.

I am no longer in the game for the PI's :( Got NLIC for Adventures by Disney on Monday and NLIC for WDPRO Finance this afternoon. At least I can say I fought a good fight! lol

Good luck to anyone else out there still waiting to hear! I'm going to try one more time for Spring 2012 and then that's it.

sorry to hear :(
keep trying!!!
good luck on your future applications!

I'm still in IS… I don't know what is going on! wasn't yesterday, May 5th, supposed to be the last day?

-confused

i thought May 2 was but I'm still up for a couple
everyone is confused, i have no idea how things work lol

i thought May 2 was but I'm still up for a couple
everyone is confused, i have no idea how things work lol

I heard May 5th for everything but Animal programs were earlier. It seems there are a few people still left, according to the Facebook groups I'm a member of. There was a massive NLIC spree just before the end of the week and we survived that…

So I was wondering do you have to have good experience to get a pi? or have much more of a chance? I've done two cps in a row when I extended but otherwise I haven't really had a job. hopefully I'll get one soon though haha. I just really want to do a pi but my grades aren't amazing. although I am going to study abroad which supposedly helps a resume haha.
also I wanted to do another cp after my last semester and then apply for a pi but then I wouldn't be able to stay as a pi if it would make a year so I'm not sure if that would be a good idea?
plus right now my major is general business but I'm thinking about changing it to something like marketing but then I might not be able to apply for as many pi's?
sorry that's all over the place, I'm thinking too much but I would love to do a pi haha.

So I was wondering do you have to have good experience to get a pi? or have much more of a chance? I've done two cps in a row when I extended but otherwise I haven't really had a job. hopefully I'll get one soon though haha. I just really want to do a pi but my grades aren't amazing. although I am going to study abroad which supposedly helps a resume haha.
also I wanted to do another cp after my last semester and then apply for a pi but then I wouldn't be able to stay as a pi if it would make a year so I'm not sure if that would be a good idea?
plus right now my major is general business but I'm thinking about changing it to something like marketing but then I might not be able to apply for as many pi's?
sorry that's all over the place, I'm thinking too much but I would love to do a pi haha.

First off, from experience you really should major in want you like and what you want to do. I didn't necessarily do that for my undergraduate degree, and now I'm pursuing a totally different degree for my masters! So don't pick based on internship options!

From what I've read, there isn't a set formula for who gets one- plus they are all different with different coordinators who hire for each position. Having Disney experience is GREAT, but doesn't seem to be a guarantee for getting a position. As a former CP you are able to apply to these "Alumni only" internships that people who haven't done a CP or PI before cannot! It seems that non Disney experience in related fields is ideal- although each internship has different basic and preferred qualifications. Don't bother applying if in your resume or during your phone screen you aren't able to convey that you meet all the basic qualifications. I got NLICed from one PI a few days after I applied because I was not strong in all the areas listed. As far as GPA- if internships to which you're applying don't require a minimum, just don't list it. Your experience is really worthwhile when your GPA is lacking. Since my undergraduate degree doesn't even apply for the internships I applied to, I didn't bother listing it! My work experience and Masters degree show my interest in the field.

I can't help much with the timing for your CP/PI timing... that seems like a personal decision and I don't have much insight into that timing and the reapplication as a current CM.

Good luck! Also kudos for planning in advance!

-K

ok! thanks a lot! I guess I'll just have to see what I like and look specifically at any I might do :)

to add to that, i dont think your major complete limits what PIs you are suitable for. I mean of course there are some but I'm a science major and I got a job in Workforce Management which is about labor and HR.

A word of advice I received from a director is, there is no major that will get you into Disney. You can't go through college and study for what they want you need to study what you want and with the skills you learned find one that you are a match for even if it seems completely different than what you're used to

to add to that, i dont think your major complete limits what PIs you are suitable for. I mean of course there are some but I'm a science major and I got a job in Workforce Management which is about labor and HR.

A word of advice I received from a director is, there is no major that will get you into Disney. You can't go through college and study for what they want you need to study what you want and with the skills you learned find one that you are a match for even if it seems completely different than what you're used to

My undergraduate degree is also in a hard science. I've switched to business for my master just starting school again this past semester- I also applied to mostly HR type positions.

Anteater2010, are you still waiting to hear from a PI? I've got one left. I called the hiring office for CP/PIs yesterday and all the CM kept repeating is you will hear "very soon" over an over....

If anyone is still waiting what are you waiting on? I'm waiting for the Disney Institute. Did you all of you who are waiting have 2nd and 3rd interviews? I only have the phone screen, with directed questions... I haven't see much talk of my PI in the last week on the facebook groups!

-still waiting

Katherine1 - I am still waiting to hear from 3 ESPN internships and most recently I applied to Undergraduate, Event Production Intern so I'm in progress for those positions. Any of the ones that I was IS for have been changed to NLIC. On Monday this week I called the recruiter who had called me for follow-up questions a few days after my initial phone screen to ask about the ESPN positions and also to see if they could remove all of the NLIC from my dashboard to clean it up but I haven't heard from her yet (ironically her name was Katherine too! She was so sweet during the follow-up interview so hopefully she can shed some light as to what is going on).

Good luck to everyone out there still waiting!

Katherine1 - I am still waiting to hear from 3 ESPN internships and most recently I applied to Undergraduate, Event Production Intern so I'm in progress for those positions. Any of the ones that I was IS for have been changed to NLIC. On Monday this week I called the recruiter who had called me for follow-up questions a few days after my initial phone screen to ask about the ESPN positions and also to see if they could remove all of the NLIC from my dashboard to clean it up but I haven't heard from her yet (ironically her name was Katherine too! She was so sweet during the follow-up interview so hopefully she can shed some light as to what is going on).

Good luck to everyone out there still waiting!

How did you find out about the other position being offered? I would apply to another, but I'm worried that would look weird since there's still a chance with this last PI.

Finally NLIC…

Skipped that whole "in progress" step. Alright- anything else I can apply to for summer/fall or is that "it" for now?

How did you find out about the other position being offered? I would apply to another, but I'm worried that would look weird since there's still a chance with this last PI.

Katherine -I'm sorry you didn't get the internship :( It's such a bummer after waiting so long to hear something. The PI I mentioned was posted on the Disney careers web site where I check the dashboard. I searched for positions in California and this one was posted. Are you looking in FL or CA?

Katherine -I'm sorry you didn't get the internship :( It's such a bummer after waiting so long to hear something. The PI I mentioned was posted on the Disney careers web site where I check the dashboard. I searched for positions in California and this one was posted. Are you looking in FL or CA?

All the positions I was interested in we're in Florida before, but I don't have a strong preference- I wanted to try out FL. I lived in LA for college so I'm sure my friends would be thrilled if I moved back! Haha

So I found 2 more business-type WDW June-January PIs, that were reposted recently, a regular HR summer internship in Burbank and the part time radio summer one in Orlando to apply to. I don't know why these positions are still listed so late in the game. This is a last bit, final attempt for me. I don't think I'm as strong a candidate for these positions compared to the PIs I originally applied to- however, I do have my awesome first semester of grad school GPA to enter on the application this time! :)

:hippie: :love: & :tink: dust
-K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter