Fall 2012=Fast moving Friends, Food, Frights, Firsts and Fun with only Females!

How interesting that you will be training Zach's GF. I love the mud pictures. There is a mud run held in September right near my house. I have always wanted to do one. It looks...well.....so messy! :lmao: At least I wouldn't have to travel far for a shower.

More great plans. Is Zoe going to visit BBB this trip?

How interesting that you will be training Zach's GF. I love the mud pictures. There is a mud run held in September right near my house. I have always wanted to do one. It looks...well.....so messy! :lmao: At least I wouldn't have to travel far for a shower.

More great plans. Is Zoe going to visit BBB this trip?

Yes, we went to work yesterday and it was fine. She is very bright, just like I suspected and picked up everything very quickly. I am feeling good that she will not take long to learn everything.

The mud run was fun for them. Kim (Zach's GF) has suggested that I do some sort of Hell run with them. It involves a ring of fire. :rolleyes: I dont' think so... not for me. I will stick to the average runs..

Speaking of which... did my first 10k race yesterday. I am pretty sure i have peroneal tendonitis... but I still managed to finish the race. :woohoo: I am actually looking forward to doing more races... and not just disney one. First though, my ankle has to heal all the way. My time wasn't horrible..especially for a first race... but without the injury I am sure it could have/would have been better.

As our trip is nearing, I am learning how with so many "sub groups" within our travel party, it may be that "my" plans may not be what are the plans of others. For the next day, it is very likely or possible that Kira and Amanda will not be with Zoe and I.

With that said....

Day 3 - Thursday, 9/27

Dinning with Alice and the Mad Hatter for breakfast will be first on our to do list.

SR_WTP_2_240.jpg

My ADR is for 8:05 am. I do plan to pay oop for this. This is strike number one for Kira. Amanda loves Alice in Wonderland though, so she would really like to do this. However, our next destination is DHS. What does one do when they are going to spend the morning in DHS? Well, yes... TSM. (strike number 2) Kira would like to make it to DHS early in order to do the run to TSM. So while it isn't a must for me (we do have another morning in DHS) It may mean that Kira and Amanda do not go with us to breakfast.

Does anyone know how the cancelation policy works? If 2 of the 4 show up, I won't be charge the no show for the 2, right?

So as I said, next we will head to DHS. Things I hope to do will involve less lines and more sitting. Probably shows.

BATB - a favorite of mine and a must do each trip
EL_BATB_240.jpg

Indiana Jones - would be fun to see with Amanda since she has never been and I love to see people experience this show for the first time
AL_INDY_240.jpg

LMA - I have yet to see this with the addtion of Lighting Mcqueen.
AL_LMA_240.jpg

Now, I am not sure what the girls will plan if they do not eat breakfast with us. However, a large buffet breakfast will probably tide us over until our Lunch/Dinner ADR. However, I would still love to get a smoothie from KRNR. However, I no longer see it on Disney's website. Is it now closed?:confused3

After we have done the shows and had a snack, I am going to have to make it a priority to do something I have missed each trip to WDW. (I did enjoy something similar at DCA in July though) That would be the Magic of Disney Animation.

About this time, I am sure we will need to meet up (if we are not together) to make it to our ADR.
images

Honestly, this is not my favorite place to eat in all WDW. However, it is the best to dine at to do the Fantasmic dp. We will have a late lunch/early dinner at 3:50pm. Originally, I had planned a lunch at SR but Kira felt it would be way too much food between breakfast... then lunch a few hours later.... and then dinner a few hours later. I think we are either going to be starving by the ADR or stuffed. I guess we will go with starving.

After dinner, I hope we stick together. We will need to be in line for Fantasmic at about 7pm, so I don't see us having a long time in between our meal and that. (for what ever reason, it always takes several hours to eat at Mama Melrose.)

The park is only open until 8pm (which is when fantasmic is) and so after the show, we will leave the park.

This might be a good night to go to DTD or just to hang out at the hotel. Where ever we go, I think we may split a couple cs credits to have a late night meal.

Either at WGPE or
DL_SASS_240.jpg

After this we will likely go to the room to relax and or sleep.

Sounds like great plans for that Friday! The breakfast at 1900 PF looks like so much fun. Part of me really wishes I would have booked that for us one morning. I love Alice in Wonderland....it's one of my favorite books & movies.

I think your DHS plans sound great.....not too hectic! That will be really good with the race being the next night. :thumbsup2 We'll just be arriving this day! :yay:

I believe that's Thursdays plan since I arrive on Friday and Ann and I have plans to go to the expo.

Congrats on finishing your first 10K:cheer2: Hows your injury? Hope your doing better.

Day 3 plans look good! We are hoping to do 1900 Park fare as well. As for the reservation and 2 people not showing up, I believe you do not get charged for them. I think as long as it is not a complete no show you will be okay. We have a few reservations for 4 that only Mike and I will be using so I need to look into some more.

I am pretty sure you get charged for the no-shows, even if the rest of the party shows up (I know Nicki kept asking me if Andy and Des were going with us in December as she doesn't want to get that charge if they weren't coming).

Plans sound great! I'm really surprised about Mama Melrose...we've never had a long wait to get in or unusually slow service. :confused3

Your day 3 plans sound great. I think the credit card hold policy only charges if no one shows up. That being said, I am trying to make sure I have the right number for my credit card hold ADRS, just in case.

I think you will be OK with the amount of time you have between breakfast and your early dinner.

Congratulations on completing your first 10K. That's awesome and I know exactly what you are talking about with the tendinitis. I rode my bike for the first time and the beach a couple weeks ago and OUCH! I could barely lift my leg to get in over the bike.

Sounds like great plans for that Friday! The breakfast at 1900 PF looks like so much fun. Part of me really wishes I would have booked that for us one morning. I love Alice in Wonderland....it's one of my favorite books & movies.

I am really looking forward to 1900PF..even if we are paying oop for it. Alice is always one of my favorite characters to meet up with.

I believe that's Thursdays plan since I arrive on Friday and Ann and I have plans to go to the expo.

yep, you would be right. I changed it. :goodvibes

Congrats on finishing your first 10K:cheer2: Hows your injury? Hope your doing better.

two weeks post injury and I am still pretty sore. I am almost walking down stairs normally. Today I had my longest run since the 10k (4.20 miles) My ankle was sore by the end of it... but I ran it in an average of 11:29! :cool1:

Plans sound great! I'm really surprised about Mama Melrose...we've never had a long wait to get in or unusually slow service. :confused3

:rotfl: Must be my luck. I don't think I have ever gone and got right in once! And while service has not been horrible each time there has been a couple times that made me question going back.

I think you will be OK with the amount of time you have between breakfast and your early dinner.

Yeah... I am sure that will be fine. Just when I was planning to add in a lunch that Kira thought I had lost my mind. ;)
Congratulations on completing your first 10K. That's awesome and I know exactly what you are talking about with the tendinitis. I rode my bike for the first time and the beach a couple weeks ago and OUCH! I could barely lift my leg to get in over the bike.

I am not sure what exactly caused the problem (as I cough and say "shoes")
July was a weird month with me trying to go off medication and get new shoes. I think I finally have a pair that isn't causing me too much trouble. Course, I have yet to put in the darn insoles...which fleet feet insists I still need. I also have yet to hit 5 miles... and that seems to be a crutial point with me and shoes. Shoes that go fine for me at 2 miles..3 miles... start to give me trouble at 4. Tendinitis is a pain for sure... and I am glad I am seeing some improvement in time and distance or I would worry that I may end up not even being able to finish the 10miles

Hi Ann,
According to the Dining FAQ you will not be charged as long as you honour the reservation. So if only 2 people show up there should be no charge. I am going to print out this policy just in case we have any issues.

Here is the link. It's the second to last question.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/dining/#subCategory21

Thanks so much for the link. That helps to confirm that I don't need to stress. I think both Kira and Amanda have decided they will be going to 1900 PF, but there are others I am sure that we have ADRs for that the entire party will not show for.

I really need to get this PTR finished. LOOK at my ticker :eek: I have not even made my countdown calendar. I saw the 50 day mark approaching and thought I should get on it...and then POOF.. 50 came and went.

Friday 9/28 - Day 4

Originally, I had planned for us to go to MK for the morning. However, it was pointed out to me that I had no mornings where we would be running to Soaring to get fast passes. So with that need, we are going to get up and head to Epcot for rd.

I plan to bring some breakfast bars for mornings like this. I am not sure who will want one, but this is the "scheduled" breakfast for the morning.

Once at Epcot we will (as I mentioned) race over to do
DSC00528.jpg

I love this ride and if it isn't too crowed, I might even want to wait for front center row.(especially since this is Amanda's first trip)

Since we are right there, the next thing we will do is
Copyofoct2010193.jpg

Then we will hit this ride
IMG_0797.jpg

At some point, we will head into WS to see if there are food and wine booths to take a peek at. Since it is the first day we should be able to use a few snack credits to try something.

Finally, we will explore Innoventions. Maybe we will get our picture taken for the free 5x7 DV. (we didn't do that even once on our december trip even though we were in Epcot 3 days)

After this, it will be time for us to head to our lunch destination.
IMG_2652.jpg

I really enjoyed our visit there in December. I think the fact it is buffet AND a counter service option is quite amazing. I think having a large lunch on this day will be a good thing since it will kinda be one of my "last meals" before the race. By that, I mean that I will have to watch my intake after this point. A good number of calories for lunch and dinner this day should carry me through the next where I focus on more protein rich, low fat, complex carb food. (at least this is what I think I should be doing :confused:)

After lunch, Zoe and I will leave Amanda and Kira. We will head to the Health Expo to pick up our bibs for the race while they go on to do AK. Depending on where we are and where Betsy is, we may go back to POFQ first and then head from there with Betsy, or we may go directly and then meet her there.

Once at the expo, we will get our packets. I am pretty new to all of this, so other than the bib, I am not sure what is in it. However, once we have our bibs in hand will be headed to the Runners Relations Booth to turn in 10K times and hopefully move up in coral placement.

Betsy and I both are currently placed in the last corral (D) We knew this would be the case since we had not times to submit, so when bibs came out we were not surprised. I was however a bit freaked by some posts on the "official ToT" thread. There was mention that there was no need to turn in a time if you did not have a time less than 12:00:00/mile. Well at 12:27 that puts me just over. Betsy did her best to talk me down but ultimately I ended up contacting disney sports in order to get clarification. After multiple emails back and forth, the gal told me that what I had read (here on dis) was incorrect... that with my time I might get bumped to b corral. :woohoo: Now Betsy just has to get a time similar and we are good to go! (here is where we all tell Betsy, "you can get a 12:30 pace" "Go, BETSY") Ok, so I wasn't a cheerleader at any point inn my life. ;)

After we are done at the expo, we might meet back up with Kira and Amanda. They are planning to spend the entire afternoon at AK so we should not have a hard time tracking them down.

Dinner is at approx 7pm. I have never ate at
IMG_6853.jpg

Kira has though and says it is a must. She told me it is a lot like TH only a bit more "upscale" if that is true then it would be a new favorite of mine. Betsy is not sure she would want to venture out the night before the race. She would like to eat at Cape May that night. For me, that woudl be venturing out. My tummy does better with a well seasoned food than with fish, so I am hesitant to eat at Cape May the night before the race. (a little bad fish and I could be out for days)

Since the next day will be very taxing and we have to be up super early the next day, this will be the end of our evening.

Sounds like a great day! Nothing is better than starting the day with Soarin...my favorite!!!

Just a note on the Disney Visa pic....it's only available from 1:30-4:30pm. You then get a voucher to pick up your picture later that day. Just thought you'd like to know!

Yay for completing your first 10K!!!! :cool1:

Your trip is coming up SO soon!!! You must be so excited!!!

Thank you, and yes... I am getting excited! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great day! Nothing is better than starting the day with Soarin...my favorite!!!

Just a note on the Disney Visa pic....it's only available from 1:30-4:30pm. You then get a voucher to pick up your picture later that day. Just thought you'd like to know!

Thats right!!! :thumbsup2 Thanks for reminding me. Maybe that is why I missed it last trip.:scratchin So obviously we will miss it on the 28th.:goodvibes

Your Friday sounds really great! :thumbsup2

I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for you at the Expo since we should be getting there after lunch as well!

I don't think Ed realized that you can already find out what corral you're in. I'm going to have to let him know so he can see if he can find out what he's in.

I've heard so many good things about Boma. But, I don't know if my 2 non-adventurous eaters (the guys) would like it.

Saturday 9/29 - Day 5

This day is going to be interesting as it is RACE DAY!

The young girls (at least, I think all of them) will be running in the kids race at 9am. Zoe and I will get up early and have breakfast at POFQ. I am not sure if Betsy will be joining us, but I think so. Kira and Amanda are undecided.

After breakfast we will head to WWOS. Zoe will be in the 400 meeter dash.

After Zoe's race, the plans are really to play it by ear. For sure Zoe will become Kira and Amanda's responsibility from this point on in the day.

We will all likely head to Epcot to check out food and wine. We may have lunch there. At some point I will need to head back to the room to take a nap. I think this will be such a huge challenge for me. I normally dont sleep a lot on vacation and this dayI will be so excited. Will I be able to sleep? I wonder if having a grand marnier slush before heading from Epcot to the room would be a bad idea? I might help me to settle enough to get some rest. Maybe having one mid day when I have a late night race would be a bad idea. :rolleyes2

Food and rest this day are going to be tricky and I really don't have a good plan. I know that we need to keep it simple. I know we need to not eat anything odd or heavy..but what is heavy? Cheese? That is heavy, right? :scratchin and how far away from the race is far enough?

Betsy and I both have some ADRs for Via Napoli. I think hers is earlier in the day than mine. Mine is at 6:20pm. Too late to eat before a 10pm race? Maybe :confused3

The plan right now though is to have that be our meal before the race. Personally, I am not sure I am excited about any meal before the race. I am just too confused about what to eat. So because of this, I have planned our rooms dp credits to be used on other meals. This meal would be oop.. Maybe a pizza? Would that be a bad one to have. I know that my blood sugar really struggles with pasta and pizza. It goes up way to high (something about the white flour :confused:) Maybe that could be good right before a race though? I don't know... I really, really don't know. In some ways, I feel like the days leading up to the race I need to put myself into some sort of protective bubble. I kinda thought that about the 10k too... but turned out it was fine. I am starting to notice a difference in how I feel on my runs if the night before I have had specific kinds of foods. Cheese/higher fat foods tend to make me feel sluggish. I just don't know....

Hopefully, dinning and activity during the day will leave me feeling amped and ready for the 10 miles! I am actually starting to get excited about it. I would be totally excited if my darn ankle was not still hurting - but hey, at least today was the FIRST day I could walk down the stairs without holding the railing..so it is getting better..and I did run my farthest yesterday since injuring myself(4.66) with a per mile average of 11:10

So I think I will be leaving it to Betsy as to what time she wants to head to the race busses. Race starts at 10pm. I am not sure when we will actually start. We both are in D corral right now. After some emails back and forth to disney sports, it looks like my time from the 10k I ran might put me in B (which would be awesome..start sooner...time for stops... NO WAY we would get swept) Betsy needs to run her 10k to get a time in order to move up other wise I will hang back with her. I might just do another 10k on the same day she is doing hers... mainly for fun to see what time I could get if I were not limping along for 6 miles. But..should she actually come in with an average of less than my 10k... I would hate for her to hang back because of me.

After the race will be the villians bash. I am super excited about this. Entertainment and TSM being open? I am not super excited about the other rides that are open. :ssst::ssst: don't tell Betsy, but she thinks she is going to get me on Rockin Rollercoaster. :scratchin :faint: I dont think so :rotfl:

The party runs until 4am. I doubt we will make it that long since we will be tired but also..the morning will come very quickly in each of our rooms since no one else is going to be there.

Back to the hotel, Betsy and I can congratulate each other for finishing the race and then head to our separate rooms to crash!

Your Friday sounds really great! :thumbsup2

I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for you at the Expo since we should be getting there after lunch as well!

I don't think Ed realized that you can already find out what corral you're in. I'm going to have to let him know so he can see if he can find out what he's in.

I've heard so many good things about Boma. But, I don't know if my 2 non-adventurous eaters (the guys) would like it.

I think we might just get a dismeet!!! after lunch at the expo we should totally try and meet. if you want, I can give you my # and you can text me when you are there. Then... if we are there at the same time we can say hello.

As for looking up Ed's bib and corral placement... go to look it up here

Boma is definitely more adventurous for some. I think for my dd's and I it is not totally out of the norm. We eat a lot of ethnic foods so we tend to like things like this.

We're in the same boat - trying to figure out the best plans & meals surrounding our races. It's so hard....especially having never done a Disney race & not knowing fully what to expect.

I'm sooooo excited about the Villains Bash! We could possibly run into each other there as well! I'll have the stroller for Reid & I may have some orange LED lights on the handle.....that should be easy to spot. :rotfl2:

We're in the same boat - trying to figure out the best plans & meals surrounding our races. It's so hard....especially having never done a Disney race & not knowing fully what to expect.

I'm sooooo excited about the Villains Bash! We could possibly run into each other there as well! I'll have the stroller for Reid & I may have some orange LED lights on the handle.....that should be easy to spot. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: yeah, I imagine that will be hard to miss. I will keep my eye out for you there too. Course.. who knows how coherent I will be after the race. I may just look and sound :crazy2: by that point.

Having little to compare to the Disney race is hard... the not knowing what to expect is driving me crazy!

I think we might just get a dismeet!!! after lunch at the expo we should totally try and meet. if you want, I can give you my # and you can text me when you are there. Then... if we are there at the same time we can say hello.

As for looking up Ed's bib and corral placement... go to look it up here

Boma is definitely more adventurous for some. I think for my dd's and I it is not totally out of the norm. We eat a lot of ethnic foods so we tend to like things like this.

That sounds like a great idea! Definitely PM me with your # and I'll do the same!

Thanks for the link! I went to it & was able to pull up the waiver for him to have to sign. I'll do it later for my 5K race. It gives his bib # but not a coral placement. :confused3 Was your coral placement listed on your waiver?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter