• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fall 2012=Fast moving Friends, Food, Frights, Firsts and Fun with only Females!

Just checking in to say Hi! and Yeah :cool1: that your trip is so close. Here's the way I look at it - sometimes you are more prepared for a trip than at other times. It really doesn't matter. You are still going to have a fantastic time!

It may be just me, but I can't see the photos :(

I can't see them now either. :scratchin... gotta fix it.

Just checking in to say Hi! and Yeah :cool1: that your trip is so close. Here's the way I look at it - sometimes you are more prepared for a trip than at other times. It really doesn't matter. You are still going to have a fantastic time!

It will be fun! I just can't believe how fast it seems to have crept up on me.

You may not have made a countdown calendar but I am LOVING your itinerary book!! Now I feel like such a slacker. I just bought color coded index cards to put my stuff on. :sad2: I may have to see about making us a cute little book I could slip our index cards into. Great idea! :thumbsup2

You may not have made a countdown calendar but I am LOVING your itinerary book!! Now I feel like such a slacker. I just bought color coded index cards to put my stuff on. :sad2: I may have to see about making us a cute little book I could slip our index cards into. Great idea! :thumbsup2

Well, thank you. This was by far the easiest one I have ever done. The albums already had the shimmery silver paper. I just printed out my itineraries and glued them to 4x6 cards. Then barely decorated the cover.

Here is what december's looked like.

IMG_0225.jpg

It even had tabs that divided the days.
IMG_0229.jpg

The time before that I did laminated sheets.

Since I liked both the laminated sheets and having a book with the entire trips plans available, I combined those two ideas to do this years....

Such a great idea....really!! The December one is really cute, too! I love that it had tabs. Stuff like that makes my OCD happy. :rotfl2:

Hmmm....I may see if I can find a small album this weekend that I could turn into an itinerary book for us. Would definitely be easier than keeping all my loose index cards in my travel document holder.

Such a great idea....really!! The December one is really cute, too! I love that it had tabs. Stuff like that makes my OCD happy. :rotfl2:

Hmmm....I may see if I can find a small album this weekend that I could turn into an itinerary book for us. Would definitely be easier than keeping all my loose index cards in my travel document holder.

The one I got was just a $1 at walmart. I think Target... or a dollar tree would have them too.... just the floppy 4x6 albums

Just thought I would share...

I sit here thinking "do I want to run a 10k tomorrow?"

I have a time to submit for the ToT 10miler... so I don't HAVE to.

I do plan to run tomorrow...and would likely to over 5 miles.

The race tomorrow - I knew I didn't have to sign up well in advance for. Packet pick up is today..and registering today verses a week ago only costs me $5 more. I thought that $5 was worth deciding "last minute" if I wanted to do the race. Again, I dont' have to...

However, I ran the 10k last month (the one I have the time for) with the injury. I am curious (for my own "want to know what I really could do" self) what my time could be if I were not injured.

They offer a kids race...and Zoe really wanted to do that.

It is about an hour away and I am not sure I want to drive there today and then again tomorrow.

Driving there today and registering and picking up my packet would allow me to see the course. (aside from wanting to give me the option of not doing it I also was not sure if there would be a ton of hills)

:scratchin

:scratchin

I have a ton of stuff to do around the house and for the trip. Do I really want to commit my weekend to this?

Regardless.... SOMEONE is running tomorrow!!! Betsy is running her 10k for a time to submit! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Day 7 - 10/1

Ridemax has hours at DHS starting at 8:45am. Seems odd, but maybe that goes along with what I have been reading about the park opening "early" :confused:

So first thing even before 9am, we will be running to
IMG_0456.jpg

Ridemax lists a 4 minute wait... but we all know that may not happen.:rolleyes:

Next we will head to
IMG_0144.jpg

It has been years since I have done this in WDW. We just did it down in DLR, and really enjoyed it.

From there we will pop over to Star Tours.

And because we like to bop from one side of the park to the next, we will then go to do the Magic of Disney Animation. I really want to learn to draw a character!

We are going to need to pick up some Tower of Terror FASTPASS's before lunch.

Lunch will be at a must for us - Starring Rolls. In order to have a pick at the best selection, we will want to plan on eating around 11:30am.

IMG_0463.jpg

After lunch we (probably not me) will use the fass passes to TOT.
IMG_0503.jpg

We then will have some time to take a break. Possibly go back to POFQ to swim or nap.

We may pick up a couple of the infamous carrot cake cookies (that I wasn't able to get on the last trip) at Writers Stop on the way out of the park.

We will then want to be back to watch Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade at 3:00. I am not sure we will make it if we leave, but it is worth a try.

If we were unable to get that cookie before leaving, after the parade we might want it before going to Lights, Motors, Action! Show. I missed this on the last two trip (I think the last two :scratchin), so I will want to make sure to see it. (not to mention remember... Amanda has never been so it would be a first for her)

After the show, we can meander a bit. Shop.. maybe see what rides might be a quick walk on. We will not need to leave the park for about an hour (at least)

We plan to take the boat to BC where we have a dinner ADR at Cape May. Now, fish isn't my favorite. In fact, often just the smell can leave me feeling a bit lacking in hunger. However, Cape May always gets good reviews and we have never been.

After dinner, Mk has EMH until 12am. If we are up to it, we may head there to spend the rest of our evening.

I knew I should have gone to Target or Wal-Mart to look for the photo album. :sad2: Silly me went to craft stores. Oh well.....I did find a 5x7 scrapbook that will work. I really hope you don't mind me copying your idea. It's just so great! I won't have to worry about all my index cards & documents being loose.

Did you end up running the 10K today?

Your plans for Oct. 1st sound great! I am so happy they're not doing a real Rope Drop at DHS anymore. Everyone seems to say it's so much better & makes TSM easier.

Ann, I am all caught up! :woohoo:

Can't believe your trip is sooooooo close! And, I love all your plans, so much fun to read other friend's plans, especially since we through ours over board most of the time. :rotfl2:

Oh, and BTW, I have started my TR. ;)

I knew I should have gone to Target or Wal-Mart to look for the photo album. :sad2: Silly me went to craft stores. Oh well.....I did find a 5x7 scrapbook that will work. I really hope you don't mind me copying your idea. It's just so great! I won't have to worry about all my index cards & documents being loose.

Did you end up running the 10K today?

Your plans for Oct. 1st sound great! I am so happy they're not doing a real Rope Drop at DHS anymore. Everyone seems to say it's so much better & makes TSM easier.

Actually, Amy (onescgirl) did one that was even better... I think there have been a lot of people doing similar ones, so it is not my idea... so go for it!!! I think it will be handy to have for sure.

The 10k:rolleyes2 Well, I knew I was hesitant for several reasons. I did get Steve to ride with me there. I was hoping it was a long the waterfront and not so much in the hilly downtown area. Guess what? It was in the hilly area. Steve wasnt so sure it was a good idea and neither was I. However, I just kept thinking that I should since I knew I wanted to do a longer run today...and there or at home... it would still happen. But... those hills. The first 2 miles were on a hill..just kept going up till you hit the top...then circle around a park with rolling trails... THEN finally back down hill. I probably could have done it... but that would have probably meant going alone and I wasn't too excited about that either.

The plan then became to try a new trail about a half hour away... have Steve and Zoe come with me... They could walk and I would run by myself. However, the two of them didn't get up...so I went out by myself.

I did want to try a new route though so I did...and I ran 7.45 miles with a pace of 11:16. I didn't stop once... I am really glad my ankle is doing better. Makes me not dread the 10 miles in less than 2 weeks. :thumbsup2

Ann, I am all caught up! :woohoo:

Can't believe your trip is sooooooo close! And, I love all your plans, so much fun to read other friend's plans, especially since we through ours over board most of the time. :rotfl2:

Oh, and BTW, I have started my TR. ;)

I will have to pop over to your TR!!! :cool1: I really hate that we were so close to being there at the same time... but... I am super excited to hear all about your trip!!! As for plans... yes, lately I realized that plans are just a guide...not set in stone. :goodvibes

I had to change my signature. I thought that I was in the single digits now... and sure enough my ticker was off by one day!!!!

Yay for single digtis!!!:cool1::cool1:

Hi Ann,
Just dropping in to say hi! And :woohoo::woohoo: for single digits! It's such a great feeling! We head of in 5 days, can't believe how quick time has gone!

Glad to hear the running is going well and that your ankle is behaving!

The character drawing is soooo much fun. Your gonna love it!

I don't blame you one bit for not doing that 10K! 2 miles going uphill?!? :crazy2: But, it sounds like you had a great run on your own....great pace!! :thumbsup2 And a big :woohoo: for single digits! I'll be joining you in the single digits on Wednesday! :cool1:

Your DHS day plans looks great.
I have never been to Disney Animation and we're going to do this time.
I have also never seen Lights, Motors, Action before. Is it a lot of fun to watch? We will try to fit it in.
The Starring Rolls picture looks really, really good! :p

Your Day 7 plans look great and woo hoo :cool1: for your trip only being 6 days away! That is totally awesome. I am very excited for you!

Oh - and those carrot cakes cookies. I am almost positive I had one in June, but I didn't take a picture of it so I'm not sure if I actually ate one or if I just pretended I had one. :rotfl: That is not right at all. :rotfl2: Either way - it was good!

Hi Ann,
Just dropping in to say hi! And :woohoo::woohoo: for single digits! It's such a great feeling! We head of in 5 days, can't believe how quick time has gone!

Glad to hear the running is going well and that your ankle is behaving!

The character drawing is soooo much fun. Your gonna love it!

Have an awesome trip!!!!

I don't blame you one bit for not doing that 10K! 2 miles going uphill?!? :crazy2: But, it sounds like you had a great run on your own....great pace!! :thumbsup2 And a big :woohoo: for single digits! I'll be joining you in the single digits on Wednesday! :cool1:

Sorry I missed your single digits!!!

Your DHS day plans looks great.
I have never been to Disney Animation and we're going to do this time.
I have also never seen Lights, Motors, Action before. Is it a lot of fun to watch? We will try to fit it in.
The Starring Rolls picture looks really, really good! :p

I am on the fence with LMA... I think it is a good show... but the times I have seen it were either too hot or too cold. Now with the Cars addition to it though, I think I should see it.

Starring Rolls is super yummy!

Your Day 7 plans look great and woo hoo :cool1: for your trip only being 6 days away! That is totally awesome. I am very excited for you!

Oh - and those carrot cakes cookies. I am almost positive I had one in June, but I didn't take a picture of it so I'm not sure if I actually ate one or if I just pretended I had one. :rotfl: That is not right at all. :rotfl2: Either way - it was good!

I can't believe the trip is almost here. Just a few more days... I have not even bought everything needed for the trip!!! :faint:

Today the two rooms are coming together for something very special. Since we're doing the day together and Ann is crazy busy I'll post today for us. After today I'm not sure what park or where my cousin and I will be. I'm still trying to figure out dining reservations!

We will be getting up early for our prepark ADR at Crystal Palace. From there I'm sure we'll be meeting Merida (if we haven't already), ride BTMRR, check out Dumbo and enjoy the day.

Lunch we'll be going to CRT. I'm sure you are wondering why we'd go to CP and CRT in the same day. Well, remember how today is special? It's special cause it's Kira's 22nd birthday! So we'll be celebrating in grand style!

After lunch we'll probably be very full and waddle around for awhile until our next event for Kira's big day.... the Wishes dessert buffet!

I'm sure after gorging on sweets after eating so much all day we might feel like :sick: But its only this one day. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter