Fall 2012 Disney College Program Applicants

Hey, I'm glad I found this site! It'll be nice to connect with people!

I'm Jen, I'll be 20 next month and I'm sophmore. I want to do this program so bad and I'm kinda freaking out because my phone interview is in just over an hour.

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to meet you!!

Don't leave us hanging though, how'd the interview go??!!??!!

Hi guys!

I applied in September for the Spring 2012 and got accepted, but decided against taking a major pay cut for a job that wasn't on my top 3 choices (or top 5).

So I was just applying again, and am confused.

When the prompt asked if I had previously applied to a Disney company, I selected yes, and put in the dates. Then I have to pick what sub-division of Disney I applied to.

Now they don't have the College Program listed specifically. Most of the choices are obviously not the right ones.

My first instinct was to click the Walt Disney World Resort option. But there is also a Walt Disney Studios.

I still think I should like Walt Disney World Resort, but just wanted some feedback.

Those of you applying for a second or more time, what do you list?

Thanks!!!

Hi guys!

I applied in September for the Spring 2012 and got accepted, but decided against taking a major pay cut for a job that wasn't on my top 3 choices (or top 5).

So I was just applying again, and am confused.

When the prompt asked if I had previously applied to a Disney company, I selected yes, and put in the dates. Then I have to pick what sub-division of Disney I applied to.

Now they don't have the College Program listed specifically. Most of the choices are obviously not the right ones.

My first instinct was to click the Walt Disney World Resort option. But there is also a Walt Disney Studios.

I still think I should like Walt Disney World Resort, but just wanted some feedback.

Those of you applying for a second or more time, what do you list?

Thanks!!!

I've applied in the past also and for the application I did this week I said Walt Disney World Resort. I think Walt Disney Studios is more the animation/television/movies aspect of the company where the Resort is the theme park in Florida.

I've applied in the past also and for the application I did this week I said Walt Disney World Resort. I think Walt Disney Studios is more the animation/television/movies aspect of the company where the Resort is the theme park in Florida.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I know Disney can sometimes be exacting in details.

Hey guys! I'm Christina :) i'm 21 years old and I'm graduating from SUNY Cortland this spring! I'm hoping to be in the Fall Program at WDW! :thumbsup2 I applied on friday to the program, and was asked to take the WBI ten minutes later. I passed that and set up my phone interview for Thursday morning at 11:15. I'm so nervous and I'm trying to prepare myself but I'm unsure as to what the questions will be like!

My top choices are:
1) Character Performer (i'm 4'11 and have been dancing since I could walk, and have always been an incredibly animated person)
2) Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess
3) Character Attendant
4) Attractions

Good Luck everyone!! If anyone has any info pertaining to the questions that the cast member will ask me during the interview? Thanks!

Just had my interview and I was more nervous than I thought I'd be! I missed the first call because I had my headset on and gave her my Google Voice phone # so I got frantic but she called back within 3 mins and the call lasted 25 minutes. She told me up front the interview would last 20 minutes.

Danielle was very sweet, made me feel comfortable right away. Questions asked were:

1. Why did I choose the College Program?
2. We went over the roles I chose (Front Desk, Guest Services and Vacation Planner) and why I chose my first two.
3. Do I prefer living in Disneyland Housing or do I live locally? (she went over the housing explaining that it is available only to those starting in August).
4. She went over my resume pointing out one particular job and asked how I think my past experience would help guests at Disneyland.
5. Did I have a preference for working inside or outside?
6. Would I need any additional accommodation besides training to work in the roles I chose specifically Vacation Planner?
7. She went back to the housing and asked if I had ever lived with strangers before. She asked how I would handle a situation where people were partying while I was trying to sleep (I said I would either join the party or put in earplugs :rotfl2:) She had to laugh at that.
8. She explained the process of what would happen next, said to keep my eye out on the Dashboard for update (she didn't mention receiving an email or letter :confused3).

Then she said this is the part where she could answer any questions I had. I asked her then what the difference between Fall Advantage and Fall program as i was a little confused and she basically said if I chose Disney Housing, I would start in August (for some reason I thought the Disneyland CP could start in either May/June or August). I had asked what sort of apartments the housing offered because I wasn't clear with Disneyland as I'd heard more about WDW and she was so patient looking up more information for me and said they did offer studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom. She said when I accepted their offer (loved how she said that ;)) that I could put in a request for studio if I wished. I told her I was acceptable to any housing arrangement because I didn't want her to think that because I'm older than other CP's that I wouldn't be adaptable.

All in all I think it was a good interview, I stumbled a couple of times, didn't really go over my script (mostly had it in front of me in case I forgot a couple of points). Wish me luck!!!

Just had my interview and I was more nervous than I thought I'd be! I missed the first call because I had my headset on and gave her my Google Voice phone # so I got frantic but she called back within 3 mins and the call lasted 25 minutes. She told me up front the interview would last 20 minutes.

Danielle was very sweet, made me feel comfortable right away. Questions asked were:

1. Why did I choose the College Program?
2. We went over the roles I chose (Front Desk, Guest Services and Vacation Planner) and why I chose my first two.
3. Do I prefer living in Disneyland Housing or do I live locally? (she went over the housing explaining that it is available only to those starting in August).
4. She went over my resume pointing out one particular job and asked how I think my past experience would help guests at Disneyland.
5. Did I have a preference for working inside or outside?
6. Would I need any additional accommodation besides training to work in the roles I chose specifically Vacation Planner?
7. She went back to the housing and asked if I had ever lived with strangers before. She asked how I would handle a situation where people were partying while I was trying to sleep (I said I would either join the party or put in earplugs :rotfl2:) She had to laugh at that.
8. She explained the process of what would happen next, said to keep my eye out on the Dashboard for update (she didn't mention receiving an email or letter :confused3).

Then she said this is the part where she could answer any questions I had. I asked her then what the difference between Fall Advantage and Fall program as i was a little confused and she basically said if I chose Disney Housing, I would start in August (for some reason I thought the Disneyland CP could start in either May/June or August). I had asked what sort of apartments the housing offered because I wasn't clear with Disneyland as I'd heard more about WDW and she was so patient looking up more information for me and said they did offer studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom. She said when I accepted their offer (loved how she said that ;)) that I could put in a request for studio if I wished. I told her I was acceptable to any housing arrangement because I didn't want her to think that because I'm older than other CP's that I wouldn't be adaptable.

All in all I think it was a good interview, I stumbled a couple of times, didn't really go over my script (mostly had it in front of me in case I forgot a couple of points). Wish me luck!!!

Sounds like you had a great interview! I loved the answer about joining the party. haha! Good luck!! :goodvibes

it's been a week today since I had my phone interview that I thought went very well!!! does this matter?! does it mean i didn't get in?! i'm dyinggggg to know! i'm sure someone else is in my shoes! i'm going crazy!

it's been a week today since I had my phone interview that I thought went very well!!! does this matter?! does it mean i didn't get in?! i'm dyinggggg to know! i'm sure someone else is in my shoes! i'm going crazy!

I've been waiting for about a week too & I'm very anxious as well!
Last semester, I applied for the Spring CP and was pending for
3 months to hear a final decision back which was a no.

The main thing is to be positive & as hard as it is, do not go crazy! hahaa
Some people hear back 3 days after their phone interviews, some
wait months, it's a little different for everyone.

Stay positive! I'm sure you'll hear some magical news soon :goodvibes
and if not, you can always reapply again!

Good luck! :hug:

My interview in tomorrow morning and I am freaking out!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!:scared1:
I foresee a rough night of sleeping ahead :surfweb:

Just wanted to let off some steam and I knew you all would understand!!

I've got my phone interview tomorrow at 1pm and I'm so nervous! I don't know whether I should make myself like cue cards or just try to be all natural haha

Hello everyone! I think I posted in this tread earlier, I can't remember. I've been all over the internet reading differnt things about the program.

I had my phone interview last Thursday and am anxiously awaiting the results. I really really can not wait to find out if I made it into the program.

Just thought I would share my excitement. I'm constantly checking the dashboard thinking it will update every 10 minutes.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Amanda

I've got my phone interview tomorrow at 1pm and I'm so nervous! I don't know whether I should make myself like cue cards or just try to be all natural haha

just be as natural as you can because honestly you can make all these notes for yourself but once the interview gets flowing you'll forget you made notes and you'll say what comes naturally to you. just be yourself and smile and tell the truth! good luck!

So, I just joined this site because I figured it would be great to talk to and get to know everyone else that was interested in the CP!
My name is Alli, I'm 20 (turning 21 feb 28th) and live in NC and am a Junior at WTCC.
I applied yesterday, and heard back 1 hour later about my WBI. I took that last night and immediately got asked to schedule my Phone Interview, which I am doing next Tuesday. I am so nervous/excited. I would love to get to work at Disney. My 3 main choices are 1) Bibbity-Bobbity Boutique ( I am a early childhood major and adore working with little ones) 2) a character attendant ( I would love to be a performer, but I don't know if I'll be able to audition) or 3) Merchandising of some variety. Pretty much I would do anything but custodial lol :)

Good Luck to everyone thats waiting for interviews!!

Alli

Hi All! :-) It's been quite sometime since the last time I posted. I'm very excited and looking forward to now, after many years, finally deciding to do my CP. I'm graduating in August and well, hopefully, Disney World here I come. My phone interview is this Friday and well, I think I should be a lot more nervous, but actually I'm looking at this opportunity from so many different perspectives, I'm just awed and hopeful. :-)

Good luck to you all!

Thank you for starting this!! It makes me soooo excited!!! I am anxiously awaiting to hear from Disney right now!!!! (hopefullllyy) :D Anyway I just wanted to say that my 21st birthday will beduring the program too, if I make it down there! :) But yeah what better way to spend it than at the happiest place on Earth!!! :D But mine is September 11 ( sad, i know) :/ But when's yours?

HIII!!
I'm so glad this is here, it's the first time I'm using DISboards so hopefully I don't fail to miserably. Ha. But my name is Sara and I just applied for Fall 2012 CP last Monday, the 23rd, when the applications came out. I had my online interview Tuesday, the 24th, and scheduled my phone interview right after and just had it this past Monday, on the 30th. Now I am anxiouslly awaiting a reply and have been checking my email like a mad woman. :)
My role interests are:
High- Character Perofrmer
Moderate- Character Attendant/Bibbity Bobbity Boutique
Low- Tickets
I have danced all my life and currently work with kids and also have my whole life so I am sincerely striving for performer. I am planning to audition in Nashville since its only an hour away and hopefully succeed. :))))) The audition schedule just came out yesterday so I'm soooooo happy! ;)
I've also been to Disney World 11 times since I was 8 years old and have dreamed of doing this program since high school. I am 20 years old and will also turn 21 during the program, September 11th. So hopefully it all works out! I'm also so ecited to hear back and to just have this experience that I can't even hold it in!!!!!! ;DDDDDDDDD

Hey guys! I'm Christina :) i'm 21 years old and I'm graduating from SUNY Cortland this spring! I'm hoping to be in the Fall Program at WDW! :thumbsup2 I applied on friday to the program, and was asked to take the WBI ten minutes later. I passed that and set up my phone interview for Thursday morning at 11:15. I'm so nervous and I'm trying to prepare myself but I'm unsure as to what the questions will be like!

My top choices are:
1) Character Performer (i'm 4'11 and have been dancing since I could walk, and have always been an incredibly animated person)
2) Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess
3) Character Attendant
4) Attractions

Good Luck everyone!! If anyone has any info pertaining to the questions that the cast member will ask me during the interview? Thanks!

Oh my GOSH!! We kind of almost sound like the same person! Ha. Except I'm only 20. But yeah m choices were fairly the same, I posted my information too, at the end of this thread. But I too have been dancing for over half of my life and want Character Performer soooo bad! I can't wait to audition! :) I'm 5'2 though so hopefully princess or something! :) But I'm also very animated, love musical theatre, teachig kids, and just being silly. Also don't be nervous for your phone interview, it will be great! :) I was sooo nervous and there was no reason too. Ha. (I'm sure you've researched it a ton like I did) But the interviewer is extremely nice and personable. Just be yourself and smile!! :D
And they ask qeustions such as work pace, how you like to wor, where (like conditions), different things you've done'experienced in your workplace, etc. It's a little different for everyone. But you'll do great! Mine was this past Monday and I was VERRRRYYYY nervous, but pulled it off like it was nothing. Good luck and be confident! :D

Yeah I just had mine this past Monday, the 30th, and I too am freaking out even though it's only been 3 days. Ha. Anyway my interviewer said I would hear back anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks so I think you're okay. But yes like mentioned, definitely stay postitive, I know I'm trying to and I'm sure it'll all work out. All we can do is hope for the best. :)))))))

Thank you for starting this!! It makes me soooo excited!!! I am anxiously awaiting to hear from Disney right now!!!! (hopefullllyy) :D Anyway I just wanted to say that my 21st birthday will beduring the program too, if I make it down there! :) But yeah what better way to spend it than at the happiest place on Earth!!! :D But mine is September 11 ( sad, i know) :/ But when's yours?

Hey, just wanted to say my bday is 9/11 too. Except I'll be turning 24 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter