Fall 2012 AP Rates- is anyone else waiting?

I was able to get general rate discount applied to our Boardwalk Inn stay in October. :cool1: Decent price (saved 25%), but still hoping for a better AP rate. :thumbsup2

DW called to try and get discounts for late October at BW CL, but it was a No-Go. CM said to keep checking for AP rates posting "real soon". Hoping he is hinting that we could actually qualify for getting discounts during that timeframe.

Since you just booked the gp rate today you could do it online and then cancel the other, you can cancel up to 5 days out for a room only. I get pretty good response time from the passholder line, and you don't have to go through all the annoying prompts if you are modifying a reservation.

Thanks for the info!

Beezle2 said:
Just called the Passholder line and the castmember siad the rates are in the system but are being tested, not available to book yet. He said sometime this week.

What is the number for the Passholder line?

Thanks all...got the general discount for 3 days at Beach club and 1 day at Poly for Nov 6-9. Saved a ton of money..$500 + at BC and over $100 at Poly!
The cast member said the discount is variable by the day. Almost 30% off BC and 20% off Poly!

ski

Got the exact numbers and both discounts were 25%....very nice indeed.

We were able to apply the general discount to our 3 nights at Pop, 10/14-10/17. Our total went from $337.50 to $270, a savings of $67.50.

We are happy with this, but hopefully FL Res & AP rates are even better!

Gonna call this evening and see about getting discount or even switching to two studios. 8) Thanks for posting here guys! :cool1:

The discount for my seven day stay at POFQ in November amounted to only $1 less than what I am currently paying (- i.e., $1 total - not even $1 a night). I called back twice because I did not think this could possibly be true. The explanation I received is that the discount was only 5% at POFQ as opposed to 20-25% at other moderates and only some of my dates could be charged at the discounted rate because they were not all included in the promotion period. When I checked on the website, it appeared my package was coming in $200 cheaper, but they told me that was because the website does not include tax. I am almost tempted to call again tomorrow because this does not seem right....

Not good for me...nothing available in the Epcot resorts and the AAA rate for POFQ is much better than the 5% WDW is giving on that resort.

THe CM did say that FL resident discounts will be released very soon and they might be better than this discount

CM I spoke to on the phone today said to keep checking for AP discounts in the next two days. I italicized because he was heavily emphasizing that when he said it. Maybe that means something? Since the GP discount released today doesn't work for our dates, I am really hoping for a decent AP discount.

He also said that there is a pool of about 30% of each room category that is set aside for all discounts, so if all the discounted rooms are gone, then there won't be any AP discounts on that room category. Seeing as there aren't any GP discounts for the first two nights of our stay, maybe I am hoping in vain?

Spoke with CM, and got 30% off my stay at AKL, also was able to split the 1BR villa into two standard rooms and still save money. Overall happy with it.

On a side note, I mentioned I was a passholder. She mentioned call back within a week as they are expecting AP discounts which may save me 5-10% if my existing room types are available.

She also tried to upsell me a 2BR villa with club level...4,200 bucks for 3 nights :crazy2: Way too rich for my blood, discount or not! :teacher: Gotta give them credit though, they make it seem so magical when you call. It's almost like they were sprinkling pixie dust on my wallet. :)

P.S. Thanks DISers for posting about the discount.

sophie832 said:
CM I spoke to on the phone today said to keep checking for AP discounts in the next two days. I italicized because he was heavily emphasizing that when he said it. Maybe that means something? Since the GP discount released today doesn't work for our dates, I am really hoping for a decent AP discount.

He also said that there is a pool of about 30% of each room category that is set aside for all discounts, so if all the discounted rooms are gone, then there won't be any AP discounts on that room category. Seeing as there aren't any GP discounts for the first two nights of our stay, maybe I am hoping in vain?

From what I understand that last is not correct. There was a long post a year or so ago by a former CM. he basically said for each resort/room type there's basically a target occupancy percentage. If occupancy is under that number for your dates then the discount can apply. Over that number, no dice. I think that target can be different for different discounts (I.e. AP vs GP vs FD) but not sure on that. Either way, if there's no rooms available, there wont be a discount for that group of any kind. Of course, I have no personal knowledge of the system so take it FWIW. But this explanation seems consistent with what I've seen.

Anyway, based on that I would expect AP discounts to be deeper but not broader than GP. Several CMs said today that they can see the AP rates in the system. Theyre just not bookable yet. I will definitely be checking in over the next few days. :)

Not good for me...nothing available in the Epcot resorts and the AAA rate for POFQ is much better than the 5% WDW is giving on that resort.

:scared::mad:

The discount for my seven day stay at POFQ in November amounted to only $1 less than what I am currently paying (- i.e., $1 total - not even $1 a night). I called back twice because I did not think this could possibly be true. The explanation I received is that the discount was only 5% at POFQ as opposed to 20-25% at other moderates and only some of my dates could be charged at the discounted rate because they were not all included in the promotion period. When I checked on the website, it appeared my package was coming in $200 cheaper, but they told me that was because the website does not include tax. I am almost tempted to call again tomorrow because this does not seem right....

I don't remember the exact percentage off (think maybe 30% though), but when I was there last Nov/Dec I booked three bouncebacks for 2012 (May 5th-12, Sept 1st-8th, and Oct 27th-Nov 3rd). For the May trip the AP discount was exactly the same as the bounceback discount, but I could not get POFQ for either, so had to go with CSR.:mad: I got POFQ for the Sept trip with the bounceback, but when the AP discounts came out, POFQ was again not available for all my dates, plus again was the same as the bounceback. I upgraded to AKL. For my Oct/Nov trip I paid like $980.00 with the bounceback and I was able to get POFQ. With the new public discount, POFQ is $1371.00, CBR is 1034.00, and CSR, is $1064.00 (all standard rooms).:scared: I don' expect the AP discounts to be much better. AP discounts have always beaten my bounceback deals up until this year.:mad::confused3

I hope AP discounts come out in the next day or two. I'm leaving for WDW this weekend and would like to know about AP discounts before I leave. I won't have a computer with me and would rather not have to call while I'm down there to switch my Oct/Nov to a different discount. Looking at the patterns this year, I think my current bounceback deal at POFQ is probably going to beat the AP discount anyway (if the AP discount is even available for POFQ).

Anyway, based on that I would expect AP discounts to be deeper but not broader than GP. Several CMs said today that they can see the AP rates in the system. Theyre just not bookable yet. I will definitely be checking in over the next few days. :)

Me too. Considering what they have been this entire year so far, I would not expect the AP discounts to be much better than the GP discount, however. I know I have not found a single time this whole year when they've beaten the Bouncebacks I already have booked. That's unusual. I usually book the bouncebacks just to make sure I have something booked, but then the AP discounts always beat them, so I switch when the AP discounts come out.:confused3

AP Rates are out. Let the fight to get a hold of a rep at CRO begin..........

raven69david said:
AP Rates are out. Let the fight to get a hold of a rep at CRO begin..........

Can someone post the details and the code for those of us without access to the AP site? I don't see it on the main site.

Just booked online - yay! Almost everything is completely sold out for our dates - yikes! Really wanted WL but the diff between that & POR was $652 so POR here we come!

Our is slim pickings out there. I got mine because I am going to gf and I think the construction is helping me, but I was online and the poly only had one option! I had 30 and 25 and mine went down even more! Happy girl this morning!

Did anyone get a discount on GF Theme Park views? I was told there are none for that room type... dont know what to do now.

Gf theme park is sold out! Almost everything is sold out for when I am going...Columbus weekend.

Now that they have them through December 24, I need Feb 1-4 since we'll be using DVC points for our December trip. The wait continues:( COngrats to all who can now book! I hope you get the deal you want:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter