Fall 2011

lightrail

Earning My Ears
So I got accepted as Main Entrance Operations for the Fall 2011 program and will be arriving on the 10th. I'm a recent graduate with a BFA in Graphic Design and use my computer a lot for work and practice (plus I game a lot on it). Problem is it's a desktop computer and it doesn't have a wireless card, so I would need an Ethernet hook up.

Can I bring in a small desk of my own for my computer? Is there enough space? Is there a spot to hook up my computer directly into the Ethernet port?

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet a lot of people when I move in on the 10th!

So I got accepted as Main Entrance Operations for the Fall 2011 program and will be arriving on the 10th. I'm a recent graduate with a BFA in Graphic Design and use my computer a lot for work and practice (plus I game a lot on it). Problem is it's a desktop computer and it doesn't have a wireless card, so I would need an Ethernet hook up.

Can I bring in a small desk of my own for my computer? Is there enough space? Is there a spot to hook up my computer directly into the Ethernet port?

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet a lot of people when I move in on the 10th!

My Chatham 2 bedroom had a desk of sorts provided.

There's really not room for much in a 3-BR in Patterson. You could probably keep it in the living room, but not sure how you feel about that.

Also, keep in mind that the internet here is NOT good. It's nearly impossible to watch videos on my computer...

It's really dependent on how your roommates feel about it. In my personal case (2 BR in PC) one of my roommates set up a Desktop on the table/desk thing provided that sits right next to the main internet hookup and the router so he is able to plug in directly. If your roommates are cool with that you'll be golden.

well you should search it from the google search engine and it will provide you a lot of links according to your wish i am also a graphic designer i worked for many Countries recently

Thanks for the replies! I'll probably sign up for a one bedroom apt. in Patterson for space reasons alone (if they still offer those). It'll cost more but that's not really a deterrent.

Thanks for the replies! I'll probably sign up for a one bedroom apt. in Patterson for space reasons alone (if they still offer those). It'll cost more but that's not really a deterrent.

Do remember that you are still sharing a room with someone in a one bedroom apartment. So you will still have to be mindful of a roommate with whatever you decide. But most people are cool with small changes though.

There was a desk already in the living room of my 1 BR at Patterson. I used it for my school stuff (I took online classes, my roommate did not so she gave me free rein of the area) and the Ethernet port was right there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter