• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fall 2010 PI Questions

TravisSch

DIS Veteran
Hello DIS boards. My name is TravisSch. I go to college at Berea College in Berea, KY. I am currently working towards a Bachelors of Arts degree in Computer & Information Science.

I am interested in pursuing a Disney Professional Internship for Fall 2010 in the area of Information Technology. I have 2 questions about the Disney Professional Internship program.

Question 1: Do students participating in the Disney Professional Internship program have to have been in the Disney College Program for at least 1 session? I am asking this because my school does not allow students to pursue the Disney College Program as an actual “internship” for college credit. My school only allows students to pursue the Professional Internships. I would like to pursue an internship in Information Technology because I love working in the computer field and I also love Disney.

Question 2: When are internship listings for Fall 2010 usually posted? I want to start looking at the different internships available as early as possible. Also, do Information Technology internships usually receive a lot of applicants? (if you don't know the answer to the # of applicants question, that's fine)

Question 3: Is there anybody in the Professional Internships area I can email personally to ask questions whenever I have them? I have already sent some questions to the email address on the Disney Professional Internships website.

I really love Disney and working with them for an internship would be great. :)

~TravisSch

Some PIs require prior participation in the CP and some do not. Generally, the IT ones do not require you to have done the CP.

The internships will be posted throughout the March - May period.

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/careerportal/Job_List.cfm?szSearchType=Advanced

These are the ones for the Spring semester. They will probably be taken down in the next week or so, and the deadline to apply has passed (I think). But you can start planning out which ones you want and seeing the regs. Good luck!

Oh, and there is a couple of IT PI Blogs/Vlogs out there. Scroll down in the forum for the blog site, one of them is there. I think you should be able to google for the other ones.

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/careerportal/Job_List.cfm?szSearchType=Advanced

These are the ones for the Spring semester. They will probably be taken down in the next week or so, and the deadline to apply has passed (I think). But you can start planning out which ones you want and seeing the regs. Good luck!

Oh, and there is a couple of IT PI Blogs/Vlogs out there. Scroll down in the forum for the blog site, one of them is there. I think you should be able to google for the other ones.

Can you give me a link to where these blogs would be located? I went through a blog thread but couldn't find any IT professional internship blogs.

Thanks for answering my questions so far.
-TravisSch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter