• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall 2008 Arrival Dates

August 25th - Attractions - Anyone Else Excited?

Come on people be happy and thrilled you shouldn't be able to sit still at the very mentioning of the fact we will all be working for the Mouse!

Yay!!

and so ends my emotional ride......:laundy:

Oh I am soo excited!! I'm waiting to get my letter to see if I made it into the August program!!! Anyway else still waiting??

This internship is a chance of a lifetime!!! Working for the Mouse!?!?!?:thumbsup2 :wizard:

Hey everyone...
So I just got my letter a few days ago saying I was accepted and I got attractions!! So excited!!! When I go on the website to accept, the only arrival date left is Sept. 3 :( I was hoping for an earlier date. I realize it's kinda late in the game but is there any chance that earlier dates could become available again??? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone...
So I just got my letter a few days ago saying I was accepted and I got attractions!! So excited!!! When I go on the website to accept, the only arrival date left is Sept. 3 :( I was hoping for an earlier date. I realize it's kinda late in the game but is there any chance that earlier dates could become available again??? Thanks in advance.

There is a chance that other dates would become available, but once you accept the 3rd you won't be able to check anymore.

I just accepted!! I'll be there Aug 20-Jan 9. I'm in Attractions!! :) I'll be driving down from Virginia. I want to stay in Vista Way in a 2 or 3 bedroom and I'll be 23 when I get there. Anyone interested in being roommates, send me a message! :)

Oh I am sooooo excited!!! AUgust 26th, Outdoor food Vendor!! Woot!!!
Oh anyone else arriving the 26th? I'll be 18 until September...:wizard: :cool1:

Hi!!!!!!! I'm a Fall 2008 careerstart program participant also. Just interested in meeting people before my arrival date. I'm not sure when my arrival date will be.

Arriving Sept. 16th.

I'm currently in the Character Pool and hoping that pulls through before then, if not then Character Attendant. Thrilling...?

August 13th Attractions. Is there any rhyme or reason to how they assign locations within your role as far as anyone knows?

August 13th Attractions. Is there any rhyme or reason to how they assign locations within your role as far as anyone knows?

It's really just based on what is needed. You can request a certain area, or attraction but it is just a request.

Well, if you have any requests, contact your recruiter. These are taken into consideration when labor chooses locations, if there are openings in the area of your preference. Note that requests are not guaranteed.

Other than that, it's really just all about what's open and what skills you reflected during your interview (spieling is the particular skill I'm talking about here). The process isn't completely random, but if you do not make requests, it is possible that you really could end up anywhere they need an attractions host/hostess.

Anyone have any ideas of good ones to try and ask for? Are CP's allowed to do Jungle Cruise, GMR, or K. Safari?

Anyone have any ideas of good ones to try and ask for? Are CP's allowed to do Jungle Cruise, GMR, or K. Safari?

Yes to all- they're all possible CP roles. I have friends who've done those attractions (some of whom are down there right now, on the program).

What did you friends think of those, and are there any other good attractions roles people tend to like?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter