• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fake names for Cast Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trini

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if the cast members use their real names. Every time I have called Disney, I get a cast member with an unusual name. I was just wondering if everyone gets to pick a new name.

What are some of the cast members names that you have spoken to?

I have heard it explained in the past for CRO that some are real names and some are stage names so that you won't have two or more CMs named Bob or Jane, for example. So if a Bob is already hired, a new hire named Bob will be given a stage name to use.

That's Strange :rotfl2: Sorry - no pun intended :rolleyes:

I have never heard of a company doing that.

We do that at Chuck E Cheese. My name is Daniel, but when I am there I am Danny because there are two Daniels. Its more of a nickname thing, however it says this name on my Name tag! p.s. I really hate the name Danny :)

When we were there in August, I was talking to a CM near the POTC. He was wearing a name tag that had a location on it, one of the old one (I really miss those). Anyway I commented on it and he laughed and said, no, he wasn't from that location and it wasn't even his real name. For some reason (he did tell me, but I forgot), he didn't have a name tag and he was told to reach in this box and pull one out so that he was wearing one. That struck me as interesting. Of course, he could have been pulling my leg, but he was on the quiet side and was very helpful.

yes I believe that its true. CM's at the call centre all have different names so that they can be identified. In many cases of course these are not anything like their real names.

Also regarding the CM who had the wrong name badge on, it is disney policy that CM's wear a name badge at all times. He is right in that if he forgot one, he would have had one given to him, or had to choose a "spare" one.

The old style nametags with the hometown location on them will return for the new Million Dreams Celebration. :banana:

Otimon said:
The old style nametags with the hometown location on them will return for the new Million Dreams Celebration. :banana:

Cool! I liked those nametags! :)

This is gonna sound REALLY corny but I'll say it :) The cast members wearing "hometown locations tags" in Disneyworld reminds me of the final room in Small World. Not the "Goodbye" room, but the room where everyone from the different countries is living together and having fun in what looks like a "World's Fair". SO now imagine all the cast members with "hometown locations tags" from different states, countries, continents and stick them all in Disneyworld and it's a similar idea...kinda ;) Everyone living together and having fun in Disneyworld! :)

Hey, i warned you guys it was corny :cool1:

I've seen the same CM - at a resort - and had different name tags on different days.

This sounds confusing to me, if you have a good comment about a CM, how does Disney know who you are referring to?

Good Lord, they could at least pick names that you can understand when they identify themselves. I always seem to get Kangratanya or Sharonyalagrisma. I always like to refer to the person I am speaking to by name or note on my paperwork who I spoke to, but I gave up on doing this with Disney a long time ago.

I had the opposite experience last year -- our cashier at one of the food service restaurants wore a tag which said 'Mary,' but the name printed out on the receipt she gave us was someting else entirely, very long and complicated. I asked her about it and she said she had picked 'Mary' because it was easier on the guests.

Made sense to me :)

That isn't 100% true. We can have 4 Susans working in one area. They won't always change your name if it is common. They might give you the option but you must use some form of your legal name on the name tag. For instance, I am Suzanne so I could use Sue or Susan or Suzie and once when I reordered my nametag they misprinted it with Suzanna.
Its also true that if you forget your nametag you must choose one from a box of spare tags because CMs must have it on at all times.
But normally if you see a CM with what you think is an odd name, it is their real name. My boyfriend works in the International Program at Epcot in the Norway pavillion and his name is Kim. Since that is usually a girl's name in America he gets asked all the time if it's his real name.

NJOYURLIFE said:
Anyway I commented on it and he laughed and said, no, he wasn't from that location and it wasn't even his real name. For some reason (he did tell me, but I forgot), he didn't have a name tag and he was told to reach in this box and pull one out so that he was wearing one. That struck me as interesting. Of course, he could have been pulling my leg, but he was on the quiet side and was very helpful.

No, it's true.

CM's are not allowed on-stage without a badge. Spares are kept backstage (usually the ones turned in from people who are no longer with the company) for anyone who forgets theirs on a given day.

It actually becomes funny when a guest calls you by the name on the badge & you forget you are someone else that day!

Msslaydbug said:
That's Strange :rotfl2: Sorry - no pun intended :rolleyes:

I have never heard of a company doing that.

It's exactly that way when you get a SAG (screen actor's guild) card. No two can be the same. So if there is already a "Brian Green" in SAG, and another Brian Green comes along and applies, then he needs to add another aspect of his name (or a pseudonym) to his moniker; example: Brian Austin Green.

I once spoke with a very helpful and friendly CM when I called to book my ADR's. His said that his name was Mortimer, so I kind of figured that his name was adopted, since I don't know of anyone who'd name their child Mortimer! :sunny:

Hey.....does anyone have the Fun & Fancy Free movie (w/Bongo the bear)?

There is a little movie in the middle of the episodes (between Fun & Fancy and Mickey & the Beanstalk) where I think Walt, or one of his pals, does a little birthday party skit that features a character (maybe it's a ventriloquist puppet) named Mortimer..Mortimer Sneed comes to mind. And I think it was based on an actual animator, or voice over actor.

I could be wrong about the specifics, but I definitely remember something about Mortimer Sneed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter