• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fake Hannah Montana Winner

Holy Magic Marker, Batman! The woman does her makeup with Sharpies!

I can sometimes have too much compassion for people and I have to admit, I had it for her. I do think what she did was right or anything of the sort. I have a DD who could care less about Cyrus and I do not understand the whole attraction, however, this mom wanted to make her DD's wish come true and made a VERY bad mistake and a VERY judgement call.

Yes, she looked like a poorly made up clown and all of that and she has really screwed up. When you have the need to move from your home etc. etc. that is about as bad as it gets. She really lacked in judgement to even try to pull off a LIE like that one.

However, she apologized. She took the blame (from what i heard). Sure, she has a lawyer and a doctor advising her on what to do and say at this point (and I think that is a smart move because otherwise I think she could keep on making stupid mistakes). But I just don't see the need to ridicule her looks or her keep beating her up for her stupidity. Her DD will suffer from this and she will have to live with that. Who knows how much her DD will even feel like trusting her momma now.

She still wasnt being honest on the show. She said "we" wrote the story, then she said she refused the tickets when the prize was revoked.

She still wasnt being honest on the show. She said "we" wrote the story, then she said she refused the tickets when the prize was revoked.

Besides for her face, this is what stood out for me. She was still not telling the truth. Matt called her on it and she still didn't come clean.

Her lawyer and the psychiatrist all invoke the "young mother" excuse, and that she came clean and apologized. What that translates to is: she lied, she got caught, she apologized because she had no choice. She didn't suddenly develop a conscience and come forward and expose her lies on her own. She got caught.

I noticed that she was still trying to make it sound less worse than it was. I thought I heard her say that was her explanation to her dd--that she refused the tickets when the reality was they were revoked. I think she was trying to save face somehow with her child but that's going to be a long, hard road for that child to overcome.

Besides for her face, this is what stood out for me. She was still not telling the truth. Matt called her on it and she still didn't come clean.
I heard him call her on it and was glad he did. She sounds like OJ--telling the lie so much that she's not sure of the truth. Of course, she knows the truth but is trying to save face. I am not saying there is anything right about what she did. I just felt compassion for her because she screwed up royally and is paying a hefty price for that.

Her lawyer and the psychiatrist all invoke the "young mother" excuse, and that she came clean and apologized. What that translates to is: she lied, she got caught, she apologized because she had no choice. She didn't suddenly develop a conscience and come forward and expose her lies on her own. She got caught.

She did get caught and it is hard for me to believe that she would not have known that she was not going to get away with this story. And I think the lawyer and the doctor were telling her exactly what to say and how to say it to try to move on from such a disaster. I think that was why she had to *read* the apology--because it came from them and they wanted her to say things she probably wasn't feeling on her own. Still, My heart went out to her. Much damage has been done for something so trivial as HM tickets.

BTW, HM is supposed to mean Haunted Mansion on this boad. I like it better that way.;)

She did get caught and it is hard for me to believe that she would not have known that she was not going to get away with this story. And I think the lawyer and the doctor were telling her exactly what to say and how to say it to try to move on from such a disaster. I think that was why she had to *read* the apology--because it came from them and they wanted her to say things she probably wasn't feeling on her own. Still, My heart went out to her. Much damage has been done for something so trivial as HM tickets.

BTW, HM is supposed to mean Haunted Mansion on this boad. I like it better that way.;)

I dont think she wrote it either. Even when she was just at the part where she was saying she was sorry she still had to read it. If she wrote it she would already have been familiar with it and not really have to read it line by line.

Wow. I hope the little girl doesn't get beaten up at school over this.

The people judging the entries should have been looking for the best essay, within the parameters of the contest (how you're going to rock someone's Christmas). They probably saw her entry & went for the sympathy vote. Probably wishing they hadn't gone that route now.

OK - here are my thoughts based on the Today Show interview:

In the video footage taken when the child won ... the videographer says "You wrote a letter ..." and the mother says "I don't want her to ..." and the videographer said "You don't want her to talk about the letter?" and she says yes. So, right there ... I'd question why she wouldn't want her kid talking about something that won her such a big prize. Obviously, Mom didn't prep the girl properly and knew she'd be exposed if they talked to the child about her "Daddy". The little girl would've prob. said "Yeah, Daddy's at home."!!!!!! That would've blown the cover.

Second, she says "I helped my daughter write an essay that wasn't true." How about the truth ... "I wrote an essay and made my child copy it in her handwriting."?????

I love how Matt said "and yet she has a lawyer and a psychiatrist sitting by her side. And it seems like an extraordinary step to take if it were a misunderstanding." You know, I have to agree w/that!!!!!!!

Then she says "we wrote an essay and they said it was a lie" ... uh, that's b/c it IS a lie!!!!! Again w/the "we" ... how much input do you think that child had in the essay?!!?

Matt said "You refused to accept them or they were taken away from you?" She said she refused to accept the tickets. Did she seriously think that she'd get to keep them anyway?! She is full of crap when she says she refused to accept them. She makes it sound like she had the choice to give them back or not and we all know that's not the case.

Further into the interview (like right after the above part) the psychiatrist said the woman's cousin was killed in Iraq. Well, she could've written a similar story saying how upset Mommy was about the cousin and I'm sure that would've been a lot closer to the truth!!!!!

Oh -- and when Matt asks "How did you explain to your daughter that she won and then lost this contest?" and the mother says "I, I really haven't ... I mean I really told her, I actually told her the truth ...you know, I told her we wrote and essay and they said it was a lie and then I refused to accept the tickets and ..." So -- have you told her or not?!?! Just another lie?!!?!?

Here are more just random thoughts:

1. I think this woman knew v. well what she was doing. She had one thing on her mind and that was to do whatever it took to get those tickets. I think that the whole "I didn't know" was to save her butt. The examples they gave in the Libby Lu contest entry (posted in another thread but basically "Giving your coat away - sorry Sis" and "making Mom breakfast in bed - sorry Dad") were things that kids would do in real life.

2. The lawyer said that the mother "Priscilla wanted her daugter to see Hannah Montana and didn't have the means to do that". She should've written a sob story saying money was tight and she couldn't afford tickets. That should've been her story.

3. The lawyer had to have written the apology. If she wrote it, she'd be able to speak if from the heart and not read it verbatim.

4. I hope that mother has to pay for the Hannah Montana makeover that Libby Lu gave her!!!!

5. Please, please, please tell me those eyebrows aren't "in" or the new hot trend!!!!!

Second, she says "I helped my daughter write an essay that wasn't true." How about the truth ... "I wrote an essay and made my child copy it in her handwriting."?????
I think she is still hoping if she can make it seem like just a 'mistake' they will feel bad and give them tickets for the show, I honestly do.

I think she is still hoping if she can make it seem like just a 'mistake' they will feel bad and give them tickets for the show, I honestly do.

Oh, she's def. working the "mistake" thing in hopes of getting Hannah Montana tickets. There's no doubt in my mind about that! She's so transparent about it! I am sure she's hoping someone will feel bad for her ... after all, she went on about having to move, having to shut down her myspace account, etc. Why did she have to move? Like nobody would follow her to find out where she's living? If people were that much against her, it wouldn't take much to find out where she lived! If she can hire an attorney (like who'd want to take her on pro-bono?), then she can afford someone to keep their eyes on her. Speaking of ... if she doesn't have money for Hannah Montana tickets, then how does she have money for a psychiatrist and an attorney!?!?!?

She's clearly hoping someone will feel bad for her kid and give her tickets (like some gazillionaire or someone stupid ... or a stupid gazillionaire). Let's hope nobody does that b/c what lesson will that teach the child? It'd only teach her that it's ok to lie (saying it was a "mistake"), it's ok for your mom to go on national tv and make a less than heartfelt "apology" about this "mistake" and you STILL get to go to see Hannah Montana!??! Let's hope there's nobody that stupid out there to give this kid tickets. Yes, I feel for the child ... I really do ... but giving her Hannah Montana tickets b/c of her mother's stupidity (I fully believe mom knew what she was doing) is not fixing things.

You know what. I really want to accept this woman's apology more than anything in the world. I don't want to feel the way I do towards her. I want to forgive her for her stupidity. I want to find some shred in that interview that she is sincere and really regrets what she did.

But my problem is that she took my worst nightmare (and many other military friends and families) and made it into 'just a Christmas story'?? Or because she was so desperate for her daughter to see an imaginary character sing a couple of songs?

She think she is going to learn the definition of desperation.

The real slap in the face was finding out that she has a relative that was killed in Iraq. She must have some ounce of a clue, right? It just felt like she trivialized that man's death. No big deal? Let's make up a story about that?

I can't tell you how much losing one single solider, one son, one father, one brother,...hurts me to my soul. To make it up, to put a name to it....

If she only had one ounce of attitude that she had when she gave the phone interview about 'doing what she had to to win' maybe I would feel differently.

I want to get over it. I want to forgive her.

It's just not going to be today.

I felt like you guys did too. It did seem like she was sympathy shopping for something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter