• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fake Hannah Montana Winner

Also, in the official rules, it states:

For complete details including entry information and judging criteria, send a self addressed stamped envelope to Club Libby Lu Attn: Hannah Montana Official Rules, 2700 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612."
I'll bet the rules are much more specific and the fine print has the sponsors covered pretty much throroughly.

I finally found the contest rules:

I wanted you to have the following information, which we published in multiple places during the Club Libby Lu Hannah Montana Rock Your Holidays Essay Contest.

Following is verbatim the description of the Club Libby Lu Hannah Montana Rock Your Holidays Essay Contest:

"We want to hear how you're going to ROCK someone else's holiday. Maybe it's Mom, your best friend, or maybe it's someone you don't even know! It's easy: just write (no more than 5 sentences) and send it to us. Maybe you are donating a coat (sorry sis) or maybe you are making breakfast in bed for your Mom (maybe next year Dad!); whatever it is tell us all about it."

Here is the legal language: "No purchase necessary to win. You must be between the ages of 6 and 13 by 11/22/07. Club Libby Lu cannot accept any entries from individuals under the age of 18 without consent from parent or legal guardian. You must be able to attend the concert on 1/9/08 to be eligible. Grand prize consists of four round-trip coach class air travel on airline of CLL's choice from major airport nearest winner's residence to Albany, NY, on 1/9/08 and returning 1/10/08; 2 days, 1 night hotel accommodations. Winner and at least one parent/legal guardian of winner must attend a Public Relations event scheduled during the trip in NY. Winner and guest must travel together. All travelers must execute a Release of Liability and a Publicity Release prior to ticketing. Travel arrangements and accommodations are at the discretion of the Sponsor. Trip value may vary depending on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $3,000. Other great prizes will be awarded. Winners are solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state, local taxes and all other expenses with the acceptance and/or use of prizes. For complete details including entry information and judging criteria, send a self addressed stamped envelope to Club Libby Lu Attn: Hannah Montana Official Rules, 2700 West Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612."

Best,
Robyn Robyn Caulfield, Senior Strategist

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5342691&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

They are just like everything else vague(sp) and regardless of what they say this woman went to far and she trully owes her daughter an apology including that b/c mommy is a liar they will not be able to attend the concert.

Hi, my name is Liarmmom07 and I want to tell you how I am gonna rock my 6 yo DDs world this year:

I'm going to 'do whatever necessary' to make sure and drag her name through the mud. I am going to make sure she learns early on that people cannot be trusted to tell the truth, even your own mother. I am going to use her innocence to get my way. I am going to make sure she never thinks of the words 'contest', official rules', 'war and death' in the same way again. I am going to make her deeply ashamed for something she couldn't possibly understand or be responsible for. I'm going to unwittingly expose her to unstable people who threaten her because they are angered by my actions.

Yep, at any cost, I am gonna rock her world.

Hi, my name is Liarmmom07 and I want to tell you how I am gonna rock my 6 yo DDs world this year:

I'm going to 'do whatever necessary' to make sure and drag her name through the mud. I am going to make sure she learns early on that people cannot be trusted to tell the truth, even your own mother. I am going to use her innocence to get my way. I am going to make sure she never thinks of the words 'contest', official rules', 'war and death' in the same way again. I am going to make her deeply ashamed for something she couldn't possibly understand or be responsible for. I'm going to unwittingly expose her to unstable people who threaten her because they are angered by my actions.

Yep, at any cost, I am gonna rock her world.

:thumbsup2 Beautiful PoohandWendy. (or should I say amen?)

Hey, they don't live too far from a military base either, do they?

Might be time to move.

Also, that's all I could find for rules. Do you have something different? My google needs a nap.

This is so sad for this little girl. Like most little girls these days she probably just wanted to see her idol Hannah Monatana in concert. And it probably truly would have made her Christmas special like the contest people said they were trying to do. But because of her crazy mother she is in the middle of all of this and doesn't know why. And doesn't get to see Hannah to boot! (not that I think she should get the tickets, just looking at it from her perspective) But, this is just one of the of many many things parents have doen to get their children what they want. At least since I have been raising kids, it seems like there have been parents who pushed thier kids to "win" at all cost. Rules mean nothing to these type of parents. When my boys played sports, we always had parents like this on the team. Rules meant nothing to the parents when the child was 6 and meant nothing to the child at 16. Of course, it was all the school's, police or whoever was "harrassing" their child, fault that their child messed up, and they bought thier way out of trouble or sued someone over it. I would not be surprised if this mother does decide to sue the contest people and Hannah Monatana herself--and will find some way that it is all thier fault. This type of parent blames everyone else.

I am not sure if anyone got to see this on GMA but I thought I would post it. I will say this I wanted to (insert face slapping smiley here) the news lady at the end for saying she felt horrible for the mom who was so desperate. Desperate is paying a ridiculous amount of money for bad seats to see the show not what this woman did.

click the video link in the right column.
http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=hannah montana&type=

"We want to hear how you're going to ROCK someone else's holiday. Maybe it's Mom, your best friend, or maybe it's someone you don't even know! It's easy: just write (no more than 5 sentences) and send it to us. Maybe you are donating a coat (sorry sis) or maybe you are making breakfast in bed for your Mom (maybe next year Dad!); whatever it is tell us all about it."

That is common sense that the essay has to be a true event, not make believe.

This horrid piece of crap 'mother' was just interviewed on the Today show.:mad: She's sorry and she had to move out of her apartment. She's a young mother of 3 kids. Blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

She had a lawyer and a psychologist with her.
I wanted to punch her in her nasty eyebrows drawn on over liplined face.:mad:

I am not sure if anyone got to see this on GMA but I thought I would post it. I will say this I wanted to (insert face slapping smiley here) the news lady at the end for saying she felt horrible for the mom who was so desperate. Desperate is paying a ridiculous amount of money for bad seats to see the show not what this woman did.

click the video link in the right column.
http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=hannah montana&type=

I agree..:sad2: "desperate" to see Miley Cyrus? How about moms who are desperate to get their kid an organ transplant or something? That's what I would call desperate.

My God...didn't that woman look in the mirror before appearing on national television??? She must've shaved her eyebrows off, then drawn them on pencil thin with DARK liner. Didn't come close to matching her hair. Then of course there was the intensely dark lip-liner (on crooked BTW) with the light colord lipstick filled in. She looked like a clown.

She did look a mess...I never understand why people use eyeliner to create eyebrows!

This horrid piece of crap 'mother' was just interviewed on the Today show.:mad: She's sorry and she had to move out of her apartment. She's a young mother of 3 kids. Blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

She had a lawyer and a psychologist with her.
I wanted to punch her in her nasty eyebrows drawn on over liplined face.:mad:

So what's her excuse, or does she even have one? I'm at the office and didn't get a chance to see her on Today.

So what's her excuse, or does she even have one? I'm at the office and didn't get a chance to see her on Today.

She's a young mother who can't afford to get her dd HM tickets. She did it in the spirit of Christmas (yes, more than one person used these words).:mad:

She's a young mother who can't afford to get her dd HM tickets. She did it in the spirit of Christmas (yes, more than one person used these words).:mad:

and the spirit of Christmas is to LIE... I think NOT! I do not feel sorry for her but I do feel sorry for her daughter who will be teased.

I can sometimes have too much compassion for people and I have to admit, I had it for her. I do think what she did was right or anything of the sort. I have a DD who could care less about Cyrus and I do not understand the whole attraction, however, this mom wanted to make her DD's wish come true and made a VERY bad mistake and a VERY judgement call.

Yes, she looked like a poorly made up clown and all of that and she has really screwed up. When you have the need to move from your home etc. etc. that is about as bad as it gets. She really lacked in judgement to even try to pull off a LIE like that one.

However, she apologized. She took the blame (from what i heard). Sure, she has a lawyer and a doctor advising her on what to do and say at this point (and I think that is a smart move because otherwise I think she could keep on making stupid mistakes). But I just don't see the need to ridicule her looks or her keep beating her up for her stupidity. Her DD will suffer from this and she will have to live with that. Who knows how much her DD will even feel like trusting her momma now.

Her "explanation" on the Today show was the absolute stomach turner at our house -- it's a Christmas story to honor the sacrifice of those who serve in the military & their families???? Absolute lowpoint -- no possibility of recovering from that disgusting garbage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter