• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fake Hannah Montana Winner

Anyone who sees the little girl as anything other than a victim of this "mom" is barking up the wrong tree. At 6 years old, there is no possible way she could have understood the full weight and meaning of this kind of deception, and quite frankly, I don't think she knew anything about the sordid details at all. I'm guessing the mother came up with the idea, wrote it out in her own handwriting, turned it in, and told the little girl to lie or evade the questions if asked about the story. The girl is probably very confused, sad, and frightened. It's sickening that ADULTS would hold this little girl in any way responsible for this incident and threaten her. Even if she DID miraculously come up with this whole scheme to say her father died in Iraq in order to garner sympathy, and wrote the essay herself (yeah, right!:rolleyes1 ), her mother was the adult and never should have allowed it. She should have known better and put a stop to it; at 6 years old this child couldn't have entered the contest without assistance and guidance! Too bad she doesn't have a parent who cares for her properly. I feel very, very sorry for her.:sad2:

Isn't there something illegal about lying about the military or something?:confused3

I don't think it's illegal, but you see where people/politicians lose their jobs for embelishing on resumes and stuff. But they're fired for lying, just the same as if they lied about their education, or previous work experience. But I've never heard of anyone going to jail for it.
And as far as writing it in an essay - that's not illegal at all. Occasionally you'll see people called out on stuff they wrote in an autobiography - and while it may be embarrassing and effect the sales, it's not against the law.

Anyone who sees the little girl as anything other than a victim of this "mom" is barking up the wrong tree. At 6 years old, there is no possible way she could have understood the full weight and meaning of this kind of deception, and quite frankly, I don't think she knew anything about the sordid details at all. I'm guessing the mother came up with the idea, wrote it out in her own handwriting, turned it in, and told the little girl to lie or evade the questions if asked about the story. The girl is probably very confused, sad, and frightened. It's sickening that ADULTS would hold this little girl in any way responsible for this incident and threaten her. Even if she DID miraculously come up with this whole scheme to say her father died in Iraq in order to garner sympathy, and wrote the essay herself (yeah, right!:rolleyes1 ), her mother was the adult and never should have allowed it. She should have known better and put a stop to it; at 6 years old this child couldn't have entered the contest without assistance and guidance! Too bad she doesn't have a parent who cares for her properly. I feel very, very sorry for her.:sad2:

:thumbsup2

Wow, couldn't have said that better.

I've been following this and it's getting worse. People are beyond mad.

I'm mad but I would never blame the little girl.

I don't believe anyone here is blaming the 6 year old. I don't believe the kid had a clue, but if mom hired a lawyer so that she could sue, in the end she HAS to blame the daughter. The contest was for kids to enter, with an age range. While everyone believes the mother wrote the essay, she can't admit that....she has already started blaming the daughter, by saying that the daughter knew it wasn't a true story. Her sister said it was a 'Christmas story'.

You can bet that mom is already coaching the crap out of the kid, because in the end it has to be an essay by her daughter.

I don't believe anyone here is blaming the 6 year old.

No, I don't think anybody here is. But there are some pretty awful things being said in other places.

Her sister said it was a 'Christmas story'.

That makes my skin crawl. These people need to stop talking!

No, I don't think anybody here is. But there are some pretty awful things being said in other places.

That makes my skin crawl. These people need to stop talking!

I agree. I would be mortified and apologizing profusely to anyone who would listen.

DH and I were talking about this.............

He was playing devils advocate, and wondered if the rules stated it had to be a TRUE essay??? Anyone know??

He also brought up the guy on Survivor a couple seasons ago who lied and said his grandmother died during a challenge and ended up winning one of the challenges because of it. People thought he was a jerk, but he didn't, and said he was just playing to win. Maybe this crazy mother thought the same thing......:confused3

I agree. I would be mortified and apologizing profusely to anyone who would listen.

I KNOW! My gosh! It's not like she doesn't know whats being said. She took down her myspace account and that other page is getting some unbelievably hateful things on it.

He was playing devils advocate, and wondered if the rules stated it had to be a TRUE essay??? Anyone know??

I'm not sure either. I'd like to know that too. I think it was assumed because it was something like "What rocks your world."

It seems like by using the word "essay" they wanted personal experiences, first-person accounts, etc, i.e. non-fiction. Otherwise it seems like they would have said "stories."
But even if the essays could be more like fiction, that defense went out the window when the mom gave a name and date for the dead father outside of the parameters of the essay.

It seems like by using the word "essay" they wanted personal experiences, first-person accounts, etc, i.e. non-fiction. Otherwise it seems like they would have said "stories."
But even if the essays could be more like fiction, that defense went out the window when the mom gave a name and date for the dead father outside of the parameters of the essay.

I believe the essay had to be 5 sentences or less describing how "you are gonna rock someone's world this Christmas!". They wanted to hear what 'you' were going to do. I totally agree with the 'dead dad' info...mom was still pushing the lie. It was only after she knew she was busted did she admit the story wasn't true.

This woman is all shades of ugly....(and I'm not even gonna get started on her sharpied-on makeup.):scared1: ....just sayin.

Nice catch!

My DH was also playing devils advocate in this as well...

He was also wondering if the essay "had" to be true. Now that I know the actual "theme", the lack of cohesiveness in the essay makes more sense.

I said to DH I bet the legal language on the sheet said something like "winner subject to verification" and "company reserves the right to revoke prize".

I wonder if the sheet had something like this.

I also wonder if Miley's spokesperson is going to say something.

My DH was also playing devils advocate in this as well...

He was also wondering if the essay "had" to be true. Now that I know the actual "theme", the lack of cohesiveness in the essay makes more sense.

I said to DH I bet the legal language on the sheet said something like "winner subject to verification" and "company reserves the right to revoke prize".

I wonder if the sheet had something like this.

I also wonder if Miley's spokesperson is going to say something.
That is probably true. But, I'll bet the bottom line is that the entrant has to be between the ages of 6 and 13 (IIRC). I think it's a reasonable guess that the 6 yo didn't write this. (especially given the fact that the mother hemmed and hawed around things when questioned and gave a false name and date of death, etc)

That is probably true. But, I'll bet the bottom line is that the entrant has to be between the ages of 6 and 13 (IIRC). I think it's a reasonable guess that the 6 yo didn't write this. (especially given the fact that the mother hemmed and hawed around things when questioned and gave a false name and date of death, etc)

Okay,this is totally OT-but WHAT THE heck does IIRC mean?????

I don't think the kid wrote it either. Just look at the handwriting sample.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter