Faith's "Super" Make A Wish Trip to Universal/Disney 3/2-3/9

Goal for this week....work on this! Thank y'all for being so patient as I adjust to being back at home. Because I really wish we were back here...

Screen Shot 2015-03-21 at 12.22.42 PM.png

DAY 1 - Travel

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.04.29 PM.png

We were blessed :worried: with a snow and ice storm the night before our scheduled flight. I found myself waking up almost every hour and checking flight statuses. My heart was growing heavy as I watched flight after flight change to "Canceled". We were being picked up at 6:30 for a 10am flight.

Our flight was delayed, but not by much and it looked like this Wish Trip was going to be a GO!!!

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.04.40 PM.png

Faith was ready to go!

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.04.56 PM.png

Right at 6:30 am on the dot, we saw this pull into the driveway. A limo! Neither Faith or I had ever ridden in one before. We were all excited to get going and say goodbye to all the snow and cold in style!

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.05.15 PM.png

We were allowed to board first and had a moment to get Faith settled before the rest of the plane boarded. The pilots came and introduced themselves to Faith and told her they were very honored to be taking her to her Wish. Faith and Baymax settled in and traveled like champs. :cool1:

As the flight got underway, the pilot made a special announcement that a very special celebrity was on board and that they were so happy to be taking Faith on her Make-A-Wish trip. The whole plane erupted in clapping and cheers. This mommy started crying because it was really happening. We were on our way to making Faith's wish come true! Faith just looked around like "What is this all about?". :goodvibes

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.05.31 PM.png

After we landed, Faith was given the opportunity to hang out for a bit in the cockpit. She got the pilots signatures in her autograph book. :thumbsup2

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.08.30 PM.png

As soon as we headed toward baggage, we ran into this guy! What a huge help to have someone guide us through the airport, help with our baggage and get us to the car rental.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.05.49 PM.png

Faith was ready go get into the rental van and go get this wish trip going!

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.06.07 PM.png

Thanks to the GPS and fantastic directions from the volunteer at the airport, we made it to Give Kids The World with no problems. Check in was fast and before we knew it, we were standing in front of the "Castle" that would be our home for the next week! The boys were due to land in a couple hours, so we planned on resting a bit before we had to go back to the airport to pick them up. GKTW had other plans. They had arranged to pick the boys up and bring them to us so we didn't have to worry about anything. :goodvibes

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.06.33 PM.png

With the news that we didn't have to leave to go get they boys, we set about doing what Faith has been talking about for months. We found the unlimited ice cream!

Our first night at GKTW was the Halloween Party. The timing worked very well because the boys made it to GKTW just in time for the party. We all got changed into our Halloween shirts and the boys took Faith to the party and Jimmy and I went to the orientation. That is where we learned about our "Genie Pass" and "Magic Button" and how to use them. It is a lot of information to take in so be sure to take notes and ask questions!

After the orientation, we caught up with Faith and the boys and headed to the Castle of Miracles to place Faith's star. That is where we met up with one of my favorite DISboard member, PJ!

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 2.06.52 PM.png

PJ helped get Faith set up to personalize her star and helped her give the star to the Fairy who would place it up on the ceiling. By this time we were all worn out and ready to go get some rest. Big day tomorrow.....it would be Faith's Wish Day!!!!

Good start, can't wait to read more!

I know what you mean by being terrified of a flight cancellation due to snow! In April 2008 we had a freak snowstorm which, whilst not cancelling our flight, landed us waiting at the airport for 10 hours! Thank goodness everything went well!

Allison, I'm here! I enjoyed interacting with you on the March 2015 group and following your pics on Instagram. Can't wait to read more about your trip. :)

DAY 2 - WISH DAY! Universal Islands of Adventure

Faith woke up at 5 am ready to go! The concept of park hours was totally lost on her. We did our best to quietly pass the time while waiting. And I might have tried to cat nap. :P

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.25.04 AM.png

We got everyone up and it was finally time to head over to the Gingerbread house for breakfast.

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.32.48 AM.png

And this was the first waffle Faith has ever eaten!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.25.26 AM.png

We made it! Today was all about Faith, so we had no plans, no reservations. We would go where she wanted. And she wanted Captain America!

1377564_56077624.jpg

We asked a few team members where to go and we finally found our way to the spot where Captain America meets after the parade. We had some pretty good timing, because the parade was just about 15 minutes from starting. To help Faith pass the time (waiting is very, VERY hard for her) the boys and I took her into the comic book store while dad held our place for the parade.

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.25.45 AM.png

While we were in the store, this guy came running up to us! This was Faith's very first interaction with a character and I was a bit anxious to see how she would react. Especially because it was a villain. He was awesome! Faith was telling him that she was waiting for Captain America, and he was telling her that she didn't want to meet him. He smelled like bacon and was a goody two shoes. Faith thought he was hilarious! We couldn't have asked for a better first interaction and he really set the tone of "fun" for the rest of our day at IOA.

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.25.59 AM.png

The parade was starting at this point and Faith was in awe as she watched the heroes roar by. Captain America spotted her and waved! She was in heaven!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.33.35 AM.png

Then he jumped off his bike and came right up to her and hugged her! I started crying again. I did that a lot this trip. She then informed him that he was her wish. He spent a long time with her talking and let her play with his shield. He told her that she was his hero. :cloud9:

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.26.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.26.49 AM.png

At this point the line to see Captain America was really long and Faith was ready to move on, happy that her wish had come true. A team member asked Faith is she wanted to meet anyone else. She told her that she wanted to meet EVERYONE! The TM said "Well then follow me!" and she then walked Faith straight to every single superhero!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.27.05 AM.png

Ok, that is all that I can do in this post. The board says 10 photos maximum so.....to be continued!

DAY 2 -Part 2!

We continued our parade of superheroes!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.27.29 AM.png

This picture was the first time Faith tied to do a "pose"!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.27.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.29.55 AM.png

Wolverine asked her if she was here to see him. She said no, she was here for Captain America. This was his face. Also, for those wondering, Wolverine does sign autographs. :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.28.13 AM.png

The TM asked Faith if she wanted to meet any of the villains. She didn't so we decided it was time to go see what else there was to see in IOA.

Faith LOVED Seuss Landing!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.33.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.34.13 AM.png

While we were wandering around, a TM carrying a dinosaur puppet asked Faith is she wanted to pet it. She did. But the whole time a lady next to us was asking "Is it real? Like for real? Is it?" The TM deadpanned "Yes ma'am." and our whole family cracked up!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.29.35 AM.png

Faith was starting to get pretty tired and she asked if it was ok to go back to GKTW. So we left on a great note after a great day at IOA!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.35.02 AM.png

This was the night of the Surprise Birthday Party at the villas. We rested up a bit, then headed to eat at the Gingerbread House and on to the party!

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.35.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.35.56 AM.png

All in all it was an amazing day!

Looks like a great day! Glad she had a good time with Captain America, we loved him!

I am enjoying your trip report. DD14 and I would like to volunteer in GKTW. Your trip report makes us want to do so sooner then later.

DAY 3 - MAGIC KINGDOM

This day started bright and early with a 7:30am ADR at Ohana! We debated quite a bit on where to park for our MK day and finally settled on valet parking for the day at the Polynesian.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 7.59.33 PM.png

We arrived a bit early for our ADR, but were seated right on the nose at 7:30. Faith was in a great mood and the food was yummy! Faith ate 7 Mickey waffles. Seven! She was a bit shy with Lilo, but thought Stitch was hilarious! Lilo loved Faith's Mickey Ears and kept pointing to them.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 7.59.58 PM.png

Stitch picked his nose and wiped boogers on her brother.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.01.32 PM.png

Our tummies were full and it was almost 9, so after a quick shirt and ears change we hopped on the monorail and headed to Magic Kingdom.

(OMG...we were on THE Monorail!! Headed to THE Magic Kingdom!!)

We got there just as the Welcome Show started. We could hear it, but not see it. But then....we were there! Crane and all. :P

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.11.22 PM.png

This day was all about Faith. The only things set was a lunch ADR at Be Our Guest and that we needed to be on the monorail headed to GF by 4:30 for a surprise. We let Faith choose where to go. If she pointed left, we turned left. Using Kenny The Pirate's Character Locater, I kept track of who was nearby to get autographs from.

Our very first stop was the Flying Carpets. At Universal, Faith hadn't really been interested in the rides so this was really our first time experiencing how it would work with the GKTW Genie Pass. Except there was no real line so we got right on just like the others. :thumbsup2

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.06.14 PM.png

As soon as we stepped off, we noticed that a few people had begun to line up to meet Princess Jasmine. We walked over and stood in line. As time approached for her meet and greet, her handler (Is that what I call them?) spotted us and walked us right to the front. Our first bit of Disney Pixie Dust! Faith was quite shy with her but was in awe that it was really, really, for real Princess Jasmine! I would say this was a standard quick meet and greet. We were on our way pretty quickly.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.42.25 PM.png

This Wish Trip stuff was pretty dang awesome!

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.01.11 PM.png

Next up was Splash Mountain. Somehow she agreed to try it after much pleading from her brothers. The FP+ line we were directed to was walk on. So we rode.

Do. Not. Like.

Moving on, we happened upon Woody and Jessie! Their handler spotted us as we walked up and held the line and motioned for Woody and Jessie to Faith. They walked up and surrounded her in hugs. And they stayed like that until Faith broke the hug. And I was sobbing. They really spent what felt like a long time playing with Faith and her stuffed Mickey. This was a fantastic interaction!

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.12.04 PM.png

As we were leaving the area, I made eye contact with the mom whose children were in the front of the line whose turn we had taken. I mouthed "Thank you" to her. She was wiping her eyes and mouthed back "No, thank you."

Now it was time for our 11am Be Our Guest lunch ADR. We found the Castle and the line. Even with our ADR, the was still a bit of a wait. We got in and couldn't find a table. If you are pushing a wheelchair, be warned that it is close quarters here and it was frustrating to try and maneuver around to find a table. Our meals were very good, but felt very much like a cafeteria and boy was it loud. Faith at this point asked to put on her Princess Anna apron because she was almost ready to meet her.

Of course, we had to stop by Gaston's Tavern first. Once again, we were spotted by his handler as we approached and brought to the front of the line. What a hoot! He is so funny! He LOVED Faith's "No one HUGS like Gaston" shirt!

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.06.59 PM.png

Ok, that's my limit of 10 pictures for this post!

Oh, I wanted to add for anyone who is going on a Wish Trip through GKTW - Magic Bands are a huge help! As soon as we got our Disney Tickets at orientation, we were able to add the tickets to our Magic Bands with no problems. We also linked the Photopass / Memory Maker to the bands. All we had to do for everything was use our bands! No tickets to fumble with and the older boys were able to go do some things on their own and we got the pictures of their rides and such. Totally worth it!

DAY 3 - Magic kingdom part 2

After leaving Gaston, we headed to Journey Under the Sea. Like our pervious day at IOA, Faith really wasn't too into rides at this point, but she did want to ride this one. It was a much bigger hit than Splash Mountain. :lmao:

Of course, our next stop was to meet Ariel! Once again, we were spotted right away by the handlers and taken right in. Faith and Ariel hit it off! Faith just jabbered her ear off.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.07.21 PM.png

After leaving Ariels Grotto, we back tracked to 7 Dwarves. Faith had seen the commercials on TV about the 7DMT and was ready to try. Our wait time was minimal and Faith loved it! Not enough to ride again, but enough to call it her favorite ride of the day.

Next stop was going to be Princess Fairytale Hall to get princess autographs. However, part way there Faith began to meltdown. She was really upset and the best I could understand was that she needed to be sparkly-er. Once I was able to calm her a bit and zero in on what the problem was. She had noticed other girls in Anna and Elsa dresses had glitter on them. She was worried that she wasn't "glittery" enough to see the princesses. Luckily I had read on here that you can be "dusted" at BBB without an appointment and for free. THANK YOU DISBOARD!!!:disrocks: We went to BBB and was met by an incredibly sweet Fairy Godmother in Training who very liberally dusted Faith and gave her about a bajillion stickers. (Seriously, we were still washing fairy dust out of her hair 2 weeks later!)

We first went to Rapunzel and Cinderella. We were allowed to enter by the FP+, but it was still a bit of a wait. Luckily it seemed to move at a steady pace so Faith didn't get too freaked out. The princesses were nice but the interactions felt rushed. (Hence the steady moving pace of the lines)

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.07.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.13.39 PM.png

Next up was Elsa and Anna. Once again we encountered a wait. Anna was fun and great with Faith. They twirled and compared dresses. It was really cute. Elsa was great too.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.14.02 PM.png

Next up was going to be Tomorrowland. We took a quick detour to meet Merida.

Oh my gosh! She is such a fun meet and greet! She is so fantastic! Faith didn't even like Brave and she still absolutely loved Merida!

Screen Shot 2015-04-08 at 8.47.12 PM.png

After her success at 7DMT, she was excited to tackle Space Mountain. Until she saw that it was not possible to sit "with" someone. She did NOT want to ride single. But she wanted to ride. But not alone. Yes. No. Yes. No. Cue meltdown. Faith and I went to the child swap area while DH and the boys rode. Luckily (?) there was another family in the child swap area that also had a melting down special needs kiddo right about Faith's age. Sometimes it's nice to not be the only one with a screaming child. :thumbsup2

Once DH and the boys were done with Space Mountain, we decided that the People Mover would be the perfect way to help Faith decompress. It worked and we headed to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor in a much happier mood.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.08.34 PM.png

Then we found Buzz Lightyear! He was very sweet and quite the gentleman.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.16.24 PM.png

It was almost time to head back to the monorail for a surprise for Faith.

We did stop in to see Tinkerbell on our way out though. She was a doll and got Faith to make all kinda of funny faces with her. This is actually one of my favorite pictures from the trip.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.17.18 PM.png

Now it was time to leave Magic Kingdom for our next stop. The Grand Floridian and Senses Spa! Faith had no idea why we were stopping by Senses.

To turn her into a princess!

First came her special princess manicure, the she was crowned with a tiara and declared an official princess! I can not say enough good things about Charlotte at Senses. She was amazing! She was patient and so sweet!

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.03.45 PM.png

Of course a newly crowned princess needed to have dinner so we went to 1900 Park Faire. The stepsisters were hilarious! Faith arraigned to marry both of her brothers off to them. Anastasia and Faith spent quite a bit of time discussing the wedding, right down to the color the cake would be. Pink of course! Love, love, loved the interactions here!

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 8.10.00 PM.png

By this time we were all worn out and ready to head back to the GKTW villa.

My Fitbit logged 12 miles walked and my feet agreed with that. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter