Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - That's What Solo Trips Are Made Of - Update 7/21 P17

Got the bat signal and I am here! :goodvibes

Too funny about how much more efficient one is solo. It is SO true. People keep commenting on how much Mary Ellen and I got done and it's like yep...because we didn't have kids (and husbands) along!

LOL.

Stupid early. I'm with you, I don't like flights at that time.

Got the bat signal and I am here! :goodvibes

Too funny about how much more efficient one is solo. It is SO true. People keep commenting on how much Mary Ellen and I got done and it's like yep...because we didn't have kids (and husbands) along!

LOL.

Stupid early. I'm with you, I don't like flights at that time.

The bat signal. Oh, it is powerful. :lmao:

That's true! I will never forget my first solo trip with Tinkerbellarella. We got SO much done I was all...wait...did we really just do all that??? :lmao: Loved it! :thumbsup2

And you have teens who like to sleep in! It is not good to have to be up that early. Wrong, wrong, I say.

Except for Disney...

Haha yes we have talked about it and I am so glad that I made you laugh!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I'm here, and I cannot wait to read about your trip! The beginning was great, I want to do a little solo trip SO badly, and just reading about you being at the airport is so exciting! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can't wait for the next update!

You know I'm here!! :goodvibes I heard the TR cry and I have answered!!

In other words, I have seen the bat signal and I have come!! ::yes:: :laughing:

I should be getting trip stuff done, but here I am!! :goodvibes

Forgive me if I'm not here between the dates of May 5-16th. :goodvibes :cool1:

I'm here, and I cannot wait to read about your trip! The beginning was great, I want to do a little solo trip SO badly, and just reading about you being at the airport is so exciting! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can't wait for the next update!

I PM'ed you! :goodvibes Happy you're here, and I think if anything this will encourage you! For sure. :thumbsup2

You know I'm here!! :goodvibes I heard the TR cry and I have answered!!

In other words, I have seen the bat signal and I have come!! ::yes:: :laughing:

I should be getting trip stuff done, but here I am!! :goodvibes

Forgive me if I'm not here between the dates of May 5-16th. :goodvibes :cool1:

The bat signal. :lmao: I'm still laughing over that, wait until I tell MJS.

I deem your absence excusable. But you will be missed! I cannot believe how close your trip is. You must be so excited! :goodvibes

I can't believe that I haven't noticed your PTR/TR before! Looks like a great trip.

popcorn::

Thank you! Have you been here before? If not :welcome:

And if you have, :welcome: again. ;)

So, when last we left...well...me...I had just had a lovely flight and was in a fantastic mood. Sweet relief flooded through me as we landed in Orlando. Nothing like that first smell of Florida air!

I relished in not having anyone with me. I'm not going to lie. I've done family trips, I've done trips just me and mom, I've done trips with girls only, and they've all been lovely for different reasons.

But this trip? It was all about me.

And I was lovin' it. :thumbsup2 A quick pit stop, text to MJS to let him know I'd landed safely, call to Nana to do the same, and I was off to Magical Express.

Something I noticed on this trip? Now I'd snuck away on a family trip for some solo time before, so I've spent a good half day in the World by myself...actually did three parks in that half day, but that's a story for another time. And I noticed the same thing on this trip that I noticed then. People are kind to you when you're alone. Cast members especially, but people in general.

And I've got one of those faces. I used to work at a bank, and I'd swear it was like being a bartender or hair stylist. I have heard it ALL, folks! ::yes::

Anyway! I boarded ME, super excited to get to my resort, the beloved, the tropcial, the pirate Caribbean Beach. We stopped at Art of Animation first, which was pretty cool because I was able to take a peak at it.

Little secret about me?

In my old age (ha ha) I'm becoming a resort snob. And although I looked at AoA and thought, oh, how cute! Adorable! Maybe I should stay there.....

:rolleyes1

Nope.

No desire. Yes, it's great. Yes, it's got some neat features for sure. I'd not be opposed to visiting it just to see and take some photos. But I'm pretty much done with value resorts. Tinkerbellarella and I stayed at Sports when we did our AK 5K and although the price fit, it just is not for me any more. Give me a good mod, and if I can afford it a lovely deluxe any day!

Shortly, we were on our way to CBR, and I was a little like this :hyper: in my seat.

Check in was a breeze, I'd done it online, and requested Jamaica. Some of you do the morning coffee walk?

I do the evening Pina CoLava walk. ;) And I love the walk from Jamaica to Old Port Royale. It's lovely, and even lovelier at night.

As long as you don't trip going over this bad boy:

Because then you'd be seeing this:

My check-in CM, whose name escapes me, sent me off with a jaunty "say hi to Mickey for me!"

Now for those of you who did not read my pre trip report, I'd been having a HUGE dilemma about what shoes to wear on this trip.

At the very last minute, I'd ended up throwing in my sneakers, but that wasn't what I wore on the airplane. What I wore on the airplane were these:

And for some reason I thought...you know what? I'll walk to my room. I'm alone, I'll stop and smell the proverbial roses, as it were.

Ha. Ha ha.

What I didn't know at the time was exactly how far that really was.

Nor did I know that I had a growth on my cartilage that literally scrapped my bone every time I bent my knee. All that angst about what to wear, about knee pain, about everything?

I had knee surgery in January, folks. Originally thought to be a meniscus tear, but actually discovered to be that cartilage growth.

I'm not a complainer. I'm really not. And I may not have talked about it on the DIS, but at that point in my life, my knee was in pretty much constant pain. And I didn't know I needed surgery. I hadn't had an MRI yet. So I walked to my room.

It felt like a mile. It may have been. It doesn't really matter.

All I have to say is, beautiful walk, but ow.

And boy was I GLAD to hit my room!

These photos are actually from later after my luggage arrived, but I'll post them now for your viewing pleasure. :thumbsup2

Obligatory Mickey Towel Head ;)

May sound funny, but it was really trippy for me to see just my stuff hanging on those hooks. Same feeling with the closet area.

And not from this trip, but some lovely CBR photos for you:

That hammock has my name on it. Just so you know. ;)

Next Chapter - Where to first?

So, when last we left...well...me...I had just had a lovely flight and was in a fantastic mood. Sweet relief flooded through me as we landed in Orlando. Nothing like that first smell of Florida air!

There's just something about that first whiff of Florida air. :)

I relished in not having anyone with me. I'm not going to lie. I've done family trips, I've done trips just me and mom, I've done trips with girls only, and they've all been lovely for different reasons.

But this trip? It was all about me.

And that is a good thing!

And I was lovin' it. :thumbsup2 A quick pit stop, text to MJS to let him know I'd landed safely, call to Nana to do the same, and I was off to Magical Express.

Something I noticed on this trip? Now I'd snuck away on a family trip for some solo time before, so I've spent a good half day in the World by myself...actually did three parks in that half day, but that's a story for another time. And I noticed the same thing on this trip that I noticed then. People are kind to you when you're alone. Cast members especially, but people in general.

And I've got one of those faces. I used to work at a bank, and I'd swear it was like being a bartender or hair stylist. I have heard it ALL, folks! ::yes::

Nice to hear; and having met you in person, I can easily see this. :)

Anyway! I boarded ME, super excited to get to my resort, the beloved, the tropcial, the pirate Caribbean Beach. We stopped at Art of Animation first, which was pretty cool because I was able to take a peak at it.

Little secret about me?

In my old age (ha ha) I'm becoming a resort snob. And although I looked at AoA and thought, oh, how cute! Adorable! Maybe I should stay there.....

Nope.

No desire. Yes, it's great. Yes, it's got some neat features for sure. I'd not be opposed to visiting it just to see and take some photos. But I'm pretty much done with value resorts. Tinkerbellarella and I stayed at Sports when we did our AK 5K and although the price fit, it just is not for me any more. Give me a good mod, and if I can afford it a lovely deluxe any day!

I'm right there with you; I just can't do a value anymore. I'll stick with my DVC rentals or my mods.

Shortly, we were on our way to CBR, and I was a little like this :hyper: in my seat.

Check in was a breeze, I'd done it online, and requested Jamaica. Some of you do the morning coffee walk?

I do the evening Pina CoLava walk. ;) And I love the walk from Jamaica to Old Port Royale. It's lovely, and even lovelier at night.

Oooh...I must start one of those evening walks on our next trip. ;)

As long as you don't trip going over this bad boy:

Because then you'd be seeing this:

My check-in CM, whose name escapes me, sent me off with a jaunty "say hi to Mickey for me!"

Now for those of you who did not read my pre trip report, I'd been having a HUGE dilemma about what shoes to wear on this trip.

At the very last minute, I'd ended up throwing in my sneakers, but that wasn't what I wore on the airplane. What I wore on the airplane were these:

And for some reason I thought...you know what? I'll walk to my room. I'm alone, I'll stop and smell the proverbial roses, as it were.

Ha. Ha ha.

What I didn't know at the time was exactly how far that really was.

Nor did I know that I had a growth on my cartilage that literally scrapped my bone every time I bent my knee. All that angst about what to wear, about knee pain, about everything?

I had knee surgery in January, folks. Originally thought to be a meniscus tear, but actually discovered to be that cartilage growth.

I'm not a complainer. I'm really not. And I may not have talked about it on the DIS, but at that point in my life, my knee was in pretty much constant pain. And I didn't know I needed surgery. I hadn't had an MRI yet. So I walked to my room.

It felt like a mile. It may have been. It doesn't really matter.

I remember the whole shoe discussion and your knee being in pain. OUCH!

All I have to say is, beautiful walk, but ow.

And boy was I GLAD to hit my room!

These photos are actually from later after my luggage arrived, but I'll post them now for your viewing pleasure. :thumbsup2

Obligatory Mickey Towel Head ;)

May sound funny, but it was really trippy for me to see just my stuff hanging on those hooks. Same feeling with the closet area.

And not from this trip, but some lovely CBR photos for you:

That hammock has my name on it. Just so you know. ;)

Up next - Where to first?

Lovely pictures of your CBR; and itis odd seeing no "little jackets" on the hooks next to yours.

Aw, shucks :blush:

I had a lovely time meeting you on this trip. I'm looking forward to that chapter, because I have to be honest, it couldn't have come at a better time. That was a rough day for me, and dinner with you and Mark was awesome. :thumbsup2:

I love when you get to the airport and you first breathe that Florida air and realize you have your whole trip ahead of you! :thumbsup2 It must be nice to do that with no one else to worry about! I feel like I always get annoyed with my DH when we are in the airport because I'm rushing to get to Disney and he's just taking his sweet time...:rolleyes1

CBR is lovely! I'd really like to stay there someday, it's so tropical and peaceful looking!

Ugh that knee pain sounds awful! Glad you figured out what it was and got it fixed! :goodvibes

Sorry about your knee.

I haven't been in Florida for such a long time that I've forgotten what it smells like.

Love your room. :thumbsup2

I love when you get to the airport and you first breathe that Florida air and realize you have your whole trip ahead of you! :thumbsup2 It must be nice to do that with no one else to worry about! I feel like I always get annoyed with my DH when we are in the airport because I'm rushing to get to Disney and he's just taking his sweet time...:rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Just a heads up, if you plan on having / taking kiddos some day, it gets worse. :lmao:

CBR is lovely! I'd really like to stay there someday, it's so tropical and peaceful looking!

It's beautiful. That resort is very me. I'm glad we stayed there on our first family trip with Squirt, when he was still little enough that two kids and double beds didn't matter. I hope some day they'll upgrade to queen beds there. I'd love to stay there again, but as the boys get bigger, POFQ is our new mod home.

Ugh that knee pain sounds awful! Glad you figured out what it was and got it fixed! :goodvibes

Thank you! I am semi-fixed. I am still recovering, if you can believe that, from surgery. I went through weeks of physical therapy after, and still do some of those exercises now. Best way I can describe is that if I'm in one position too long, it gets stiff, and then it needs to move.

Honestly?

I feel like my Grandpa. He's got the same issue, bless him.

Same knee too. Dang genetics. :rotfl2:

Sorry about your knee.

Thank you! The World is not a good place to be injured, I'll say that.

I haven't been in Florida for such a long time that I've forgotten what it smells like.

This statement makes me wish I could be there when you step off the plane in the fall.

Love your room. :thumbsup2

Isn't it pur-deeeee? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter