Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust; searching for the magic

Those ADR's sound great you were so lucky getting CRT, can't wait for your reviews of all the food!

OK OK so you finally got me to sign on happy? -A

By the way you never did send me Birnbaums!

Hey all~ Tiggirl is my sister; A, from my TR!!!! Yay she finally joined the insanity we call DIS. She has good reason to, but that's part of the TR so I won't spoil it. :yay: (I'd use the dancing banana but it has a second meaning to the peeps and they will think I've lost my mind...:rolleyes1 ) :dance3:

I'll let A introduce herself if she wants. I didn't ask her about putting her name and our trip details on the boards before I started so I figured I'd better just use her initial but I hope that she decides to tell y'all all about herself since she's out of lurkdom.

A~ :p to your e-mail..... I knew it was you by then......

Noni,

just catching up on your TR. So glad things are looking up for you and DH. I'm drooling over your restaurant selections. Can't wait to read the rest popcorn::

Here's where Adrea comes into my story:

What a co-incidence!

T and DH were both in the military so we celebrate Veteren's Day by taking advantage of Golden Coral's Veteren's Appreciation dinner. While we were at T's apartment after dinner, she said she thought Adrea mentioned they were also going to WDW some time in Jan. "WHAT!" I shouted "WHEN?" I love Adrea and don't get to spend nearly enough time with her. It would be so sad to miss her on vacation. T replied "I think the 3rd week in Jan, maybe right after you're there. I don't know though, it might be the same week." Well holy toledo! We might be going the same week. I needed details so I started burning up the air waves. It seems that M's parents had an airfare thing that they could fly 4 round trip fares if they stayed at a select hotel paying rack rates. Since Orlando was on the list, they were going there. It was going to be M's mom and dad, M & Adrea, M's brother and brother's GF. Well glory be, I was going to be on vacation with my sis! We independently picked the same exact week to be in the world! Needless to say, I had lots more planning to do. I promptly e-mailed M & Adrea my itinerary and anxiously awaited to hear if they were able to join us for a day or two.

Anxious wsn't exactly the word for it. I called a lot. I still have the emails with all our details. (Maybe they'll be good for the scrapbook??)

Well of course I didn't have any say in when we were going. Since it was my in-laws that had the trip my mil was the one to choose the dates. We didn't have anything actually planned till about Christmas. They were looking at the info and realized that it would be horribly expensive to stay the way we had orriginally planned. Since they belong to DVC they decided to pick up airfare and we would all stay on prop @ OKW their 'home'.

So my sister suggested that we do a joint TR since we were there together and I think it's a great idea. What do all y'all think?

Sorry I've left everyone hanging. My week didn't go very well and I needed a very large dose of sanity and lots of :hug: BIG thanks to all the peeps that made sure I was doing ok and sent their love! I love all of you and can't imagine getting through this without y'all.

*Another setback......*

On my way to work one morning shortly after Veteren's Day, I heard a loud clunk like I ran over something with my car. I didn't remember any debris in the road and my car acted fine so I continued on to work. I didn't think much about it until I went to start my car after work. It wouldn't catch and turn over, it just grumbled at me. I checked the hoses and battery connects, which were fine, I had radio and lights and everything so I knew it wasn't the alternator or drained battery. I checked the oil and there was NONE! I leave most of the maintence to DH and try to make sure the oil gets checked every few weeks. I called DH, who re-assured me he checked the oil the week before and it was fine........ We called the tow truck and our mechanic. DH picked me up from work and the car was towed. DH was upset at me because I hadn't left the car with the mechanic the week before for a diagnostic check up.

Noni and I have been talking and writing and these next few posts are going to be very long. I hope they will be ready this afternoon.

So unfortunately we haven't posted another segment yet. My appologies she went on a family trip and I have been doing training at work.

Good grief, I sure am good at leaving everyone hanging. I wanted to post before we left for a long weekend but we had a power outage that ate my DIS post and turned off the 'puter. It took so long for the power to come back on and to re-boot that I couldn't post before I left and I don't have my TR on the laptop we took with us. (Thanks for letting everyone know, Adrea :hug: )

So after all that; here's another installment.

*Another setback......*

On my way to work one morning shortly after Veteren's Day, I heard a loud clunk like I ran over something with my car. I didn't remember any debris in the road and my car acted fine so I continued on to work. I didn't think much about it until I went to start my car after work. It wouldn't catch and turn over, it just grumbled at me. I checked the hoses and battery connects, which were fine, I had radio and lights and everything so I knew it wasn't the alternator or drained battery. I checked the oil and there was NONE! I leave most of the maintence to DH and try to make sure the oil gets checked every few weeks. I called DH, who re-assured me he checked the oil the week before and it was fine........ We called the tow truck and our mechanic. DH picked me up from work and the car was towed. DH was upset at me because I hadn't left the car with the mechanic the week before for a diagnostic check up.

Can ya'll tell I didn't read my last installment before I posted again?

It's been so long since I posted anything......... Argh, life has gotten in the way and I haven't felt much like writing lately. I worked on my TR for about an hour tonight so I have a lot to post. Here goes:

It took two days to get the verdict; my car was dead. The timing chain snapped and took out a portion of the engine. We had two choices, spend about $3000 to have the engine rebuilt or buy a new car. I knew there was only once option; my car was 12 yrs old, had over 200,000 miles and I only paid $3500 for it when I bought it. Iknowing in my head that we had to get a new car didn't translate to my heart. I bought that car all by myself when I left my ex, I made all the payments and it was the only thing I ever had in my name only. I was attached to the car. It was with a heavy heart and lots of resentment and tears that we went out searching for a new car. I was convinced that we weren't going to find anything that would work for us. I don't like minivans but my growing family was on the verge of no longer fitting in a sedan. I looked at the car ads and found very few vans in my price range. I was sure we wre going to wind up with a lemon and we'd be very unhappy with anything we chose. The first dealership we went to steered us towards a very nice sedan with lots of room. I was very happy with it but they wouldn't work with us on price. They took some off but it was still more than I was comfortable with. DH had a higher figure in mind than I did and he was more optimistic than I was but it was still more than either of us was looking at. After some wrangling and high pressure sales tactics we told them we weren't going to pursue the purchase and left. We went to lunch and tried another dealership afterwards.

I knew an employee at the second lot so we thought 'what the heck, it can't be any worse. We pulled up, walked over to the line of sedans and started browsing. A salesman approached and we found a car we were interested in. It was a 2003 Taurus, champaigne exterior, tan leather interior, milage wasn't bad and it had a sun roof. We worked on a price, still a bit more than we were looking at but for this car, it was worth it. The financing went through and we went to sign papers. DH and I talked while they were printing everything out and even though I was kind of upset about walking away from the other nicer car I was ok with the one we were buying. We went into the office to sign everything. We found out the financing and our payments, nicely with in our budget. After the first set of papers, DH asked if we could have a few minutes. He took me to the conference room next door and told me he'd walk away from this car and take me back for the first one if I wanted. The $2000 difference wasn't going to break our budget and he knew I really liked the other car better. My sweet DH had tears in his eyes when he told me my happiness meant more to him than an extra $30-40/month in car payments. Of course, I started crying too and told him I was happy with the car we chose. I also had a few goals I wanted to accomplish and they require a financial commitment from us and those are more important to me than digital gizmos and the seat warmers in the other car. Since one of those goals is something that DH and I have been dreaming about since we got married, he knew my commitment to that was stronger than my want of any material possesion. We signed the paperwork and drove away in our new car.

Anyone notice my new bling? We're going again in Dec!!!!!!

About this time my DH & I were making phone calls to T to see if she could get us any deals on rooms in the area. My MIL was trying to plan everything from Minneapolis and I was trying to help from Sioux Falls while trying to Christmas shop and spend time with the sister that was home from Hawaii. Needless to say I think I got on my MIL's nerves and make my DH dread his trip. Oh can't forget the almost nightly calls to Noni to figure out what they had planned & if it would fit anywhere with our very loose plan.

You girls have GOT to have some pixie dust!! I just read it all and am hoping it all comes showering upon you! Here's a start:

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I have had a bit in my day. Good luck! I'm in!

Jamal

Hi Jamal~ Welcome to our little adventure! Thanks for the dust, we definately needed some at times during our planning and trip. Adrea pointed out you're planning a trip for 16. We seem to be experts on large group travel.......kinda comes with the terratory when you're from a large family. Have a great time and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

I have more to post!!! We haven't even left for our trip in my TR, so there's still a lot to share.

*Choices, choices*

M & A were kind of commited to some time with M's parents and his family who lives in Orlando. M's uncle also works for WDW, in Epcot as a Pluto. The deal they got that prompted the trip was free airfare fron a travel company if they stayed at selected Orlando area hotels. M's parents are DVC members and were staying onsite and the kids were going to stay in the hotel selected by the travel company. When they started researching, it was going to cost them quite a bit to stay at these properties and they would have to rent a car and not be able to do DDP or take advantage of the EMH. They were torn, M's parents offered to pay for the hotel rooms for the kids to help them out. More planning and research on both ends to find the best options and deals pursued.

A bit of research showed that the best option for them was going to be to pay for their flights and stay in a 2 br at OKW, M's parents home resort. We were all going to be on site!! We decided on having at least one meal together everyday as they liked at least one thing I picked. Of course we were going to do some touring together but neither one of us wanted to intrude on the other's vacation too much.

It was about this time I was doing a bit of research that led me to the most wonderful place on the internet. I found a community of people who were as obsessed with Disney as I am and they gathered together to share information, offer advice, and support each other. Of course, I'm talking about DIS. I was instantly hooked! There are thousands of Disney crazed people like me and they have a place to help them make the most out of their trips and stay involved in the magic between trips. I think it took me about 2 hours of surfing before I created an account.

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you've had a blessed day!

Honey I am BACK!!

see tr link below;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter