Fairfields by Disney vs other Marriott village

pearljammer

DIS Veteran
Can anyone advise of the Fairfield Inn and Suites Lake Buena Vista
Fairfield in Marriott Village vs Springhill or Courtyard located in Marriott Village?

We have a category 4 free night for Marriott and the two Fairfields are in that category but one of them charges you to park, the other doesn't. I don't think either provide shuttles unless you pay.

Uncertain if I should use free room or pay for a better Marriott in the area.

Intent is one day at Disney (2 nights needed) before hitting the Disney cruise!

Thanks all

Any good, bad or uglies? regarding these or any not listed I should consider?

We stayed at the Fairfied Inn in the Marriott Village. It was a typical Fairfield. So if that is ok for your needs, it will be fine. We did the same thing as you are and stayed there before our cruise. The Fairfield and the SHS offer breakfast. The Courtyard doesn't.

Maggie

We recently stayed the the Fairfield on Apopka Vineland near DTD. It was great. Wonderful staff and nice rooms. Breakfast was good and there was always coffee and tea in the lobby,

I had booked at the Fairfield with my Ct 4 cert a couple of years ago (before my cruise too). At check in, I asked and they upgraded me to the Springhill. Very nice. Fairfields are usually decent - I would choose the one with no parking fee.

We have gone back and forth with staying using Marriott free room/get reward points for 2nd night v staying on WD property.

We won't be arriving until late afternoon the day prior to the park, park next day (have to leave at 7 due to the trick or treat event), leave the next morning for Disney cruise. I had pricing with WDW resorts which included both type of meal plans (anywhere from value to luxury). It just hit me last night, we're about to be on DCL where we're going to get a nice sit down dinner EVERY day AND we'll be surrounded by characters, why am I even contemplating the dinner plan w/character dining?? We aren't going to have a lot of time anyway. The cheapest deal quoted was Pop Century preferred room/quick dining (2 days worth), 1 day at MK and it was $700+ (close to 8).

Marriott - pay for one night just over $100, approx. $320 for MK tickets, free shuttle from hotel to Epcot/monorail to MK, eat where we want. Coming out much cheaper! The savings I can just use on excursions for the cruise or at the park.

While we really want to stay on WDW property, we just won't have much time to enjoy it's not making sense.

Once we get checked in, we can go to Downtown Disney and walk around after we check in.

Looks like we're booking the one on Apopka Vineland. I'm concerned about the shuttles but oh well! Thanks to those who responded.

I've stayed at both Fairfields being discussed (Village and Apopka). Prefer the one in the Village, got a weird vibe from the one on Apopka. It's kinda shoehorned into the side of a strip mall parking lot while the one in the Village just seemed a little nicer. My stays have been overnight quick trips on my way to drive to Ft. Myers area, so it sounds similar to the type of stay you're looking at. Free breakfast and cleanliness are found at both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter