• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fairfax Card

FairFX.com - it's a prepaid Travel Money Card, a bit like the one's you see Thomas Cook etc. doing now although you tend to get a better rate on FairFX.

Not really a big fan myself of the prepaid cards but alot of people here are so I'm sure someone else will be along soon who'll know more details than me!!

It's a pre-pay Mastercard, which I normally compare to a pay-as-you-go mobile phone. You top up the card whenever you want to and then when you make purchases the money is deducted from the card in the same way credit for a mobile is.

The main benefit of it is that if you add money when the rate is say $1.6 and the rate then goes down to $1.5 you still get the benefit of the higher rate as it is fixed at the time you put the money on.

To keep track of your balance you can either go online, check by text message or just use pen and paper by totalling up your receipts at the end of the day and taking the total off of your balance.

The downside is that there is a charge of $2 to take your money out of cash machines (on top of any charge the machine makes) but to be honest if you do what we do and take out $500 at a time it isn't really that much of an issue. You can also use your card wherever Mastercard is accepted and there is no charge for those sort of transactions.

Their website is www.fairfx.com if you want to check it out.

i have used this card for 2 years now and wont go back to travellers cheques

always seems to be a good rate as well which is good and only min fees when withdrawing money from cash machines

accepted in all places that take mastercard, no problems in disney or orlando and have used it in mexico

We used it last week on our trip and it was great. We topped it up whilst on holiday and it didnt take long for the money to show on the card. It is great and we found it really good to use.

We used it like a credit/debit card rather than drawing money from ATMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter