• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fair price per point for BWV?

veenstra56

Deputy, Watley Posse
After a ton of research to determine which DVC resort is best for my humble family of four, I have decided that BWV will fit our needs best.
My question is two-fold:
1. What is a fair resale per-point price for BWV that will most likely pass ROFR?
2. If I elect to purchase through Disney, what will I be expected to pay and how long of a waiting list will I have to endure (200 points)?

Thanks.

I just added on March BWV points at $92 through Disney. The price goes to $95 I guess on 7/1. We waitlisted and got ours in about a week (50 points). The day we waitlisted, April BWV points were available if we wanted them but not sure of the quantity. It seems a bunch of points just got back to Disney's hands because it seems a handful of people just got their BWV waitlists fulfilled. Now would be a good time to call DVC if you wanted to go that route.

There are also alot of nice resale packages out there, I have done 3 resales and think this is a great way to go as well. My guess would be a price in the mid $80's per point is reasonable...it depends if the contract is stripped or loaded with points. You never know what DVC is going to buy back though and while price matters, sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to it. We have done 3 resales and never had one ROFR'd and these were at times when it was rumored that Disney was buying back a ton of packages. Good luck!

veenstra56 said:
After a ton of research to determine which DVC resort is best for my humble family of four, I have decided that BWV will fit our needs best.
My question is two-fold:
1. What is a fair resale per-point price for BWV that will most likely pass ROFR?
2. If I elect to purchase through Disney, what will I be expected to pay and how long of a waiting list will I have to endure (200 points)?

Thanks.

I think the price for new members is $95 per point and it's $92 for members adding on. The waitlist can be longer for both Bwalk and BCV. I would try to offer $82-85 on a Bwalk depending on the number of available points. You should come out ahead on a resale. If you're willing to wait for the points, then do resale. If you want them right away (as long as the waitlist for the particular use year you want isn't too crazy), then go through Disney. Disney tends to release points on the 1st of the month for the waitlist. Possibly why some have received points yesterday.

If you use the TSS, your agent there will make a recommendation as to how much to offer to pass ROFR. They have quite a bit of experience with this. Jason, our agent was right on, and we passed ROFR with no problem.

If you do resale, your agent will be able to tell you what amount is passing ROFR and what is not. Buying through Disney is going to cost you whatever Disney is charging at the time. They don't negotiate. Good luck, we love the BWV! :)

We paid $87 a year ago & still sweated out the "expedited" ROFR process.

IMO, if you're buying a small contract a few $'s difference more or less isn't a big deal to get into the system - then add on thru DVC directly.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter