Fact or Fiction?

Dopey13

Disney Nut for Life
:jester:
Fact or Fiction?

Does anyone know if this is true or not? I have read on the message board that Disney back in the late 80's or early 90's offered a "LIFE TIME PASS" for $1000. What a deal if that is indeed what was offered. If this was true, have there been any other offers like that since then? What did the pass offer?

My wife and I talked about the idea if Disney would offer that now at $5000 it still would be a great deal. We are both in our early 30's, so it would be a great deal.

While I have heard this rumor every few years, to my knowledge there has never been a Lifetime pass offered at any of the parks. :D Would be kind of cool, though.

What you made have heard referred to as a lifetime pass is the pass given to the first family to enter each newly opened park.
They are rewarded with a lifetime pass that is good for all Disney Parks worldwide.

I remember when MGM opened Bob Hope chose the first family to enter.

Since they have opened Epcot, (1982) MGM, (1989), and DAK (1998), DCA, (2000?), TDS,and Studios Paris there have been a few opportunities to pass them out.

The rumor I heard was that Lifetime Passes were offerred on a pre-sale basis, before the MK opened, to Florida residents.

Whether or not this is true, I don't know. Besides, I moved here one year too late to take advantage of it!

Having worked in guest services, I have never encountered these passes. Not to say they dont exist, just that if they do there arent that many.

I know that the first man who entered Magic Kingdom got a lifetime pass, but I didn't know about the other family's. I sure wish I had one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter