Facebook response from Pete Werner

One of my favorite things to do when we have free time,,
eat a Kitchen Sink.:banana:

(best shared with friends or family.)

The Kitchen Sink scares me a little. Of course I not fond of my kitchen sink either.:rotfl2:

Cherie

I don't do much but fish, someone got me into fishing at the fort and now my wife yells at me all the time "ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS FISH!" I could kiss that guy!:lmao:

I have to say I would truly feel horrible if something I had ever "said" made someone else feel unwelcome or upset in any way. (at least on these boards...now on a sports board...that may not apply ;) )
I don't know what led to this all or who is "banned" but I'm sure there are still loads of lovely folks on here willing to help out a fellow camper. (although I would find it very sad if TCD is truly gone because his research on River Country was fabulous!)
And sometimes it's not about having an "expert"...sometimes it's fun just finding our way together.
Happy camping!
Go Steelers! :banana:

The over the top reaction to Kathy's original post to be nice proves to me that many of the " Regulars" thought this board was all about them I for one feel that this board will be better with some of the insiders gone. I'm glad they left so some others will feel able to post and contribute without fear of being attacked by the " good ole boys and girls"

I don't do much but fish, someone got me into fishing at the fort and now my wife yells at me all the time "ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS FISH!" I could kiss that guy!:lmao:

uh, ya know how I say I'll try anything once,
that ain't gonna happen.

A hairy lip would tickle too much ! :lmao:

Well it may not sound very exciting but my favorite thing to do at the Fort is loop in the golf cart and look at everyone else's camping set up then stop by the Meadows for a flatbread and chips (extra slaw!).

My favorite CM is the older lady that has kind of large glasses that works out in front of Trails End sometimes. She's the one the referred us to the Meadows snack bar for the first time. Also, he's not a CM but he's close enough to it for me- Kenny. He has been wonderful every time we have rented from him. His wife is a pediatric nurse and is really nice as well. :love:

My favorite Fort experience would have to be our very first New Year's at the Fort- from the party to the fireworks.

I thought it was pretty magical when someone came and checked on me after I had been injured at one of the parks (no one's fault). We came back from lunch the day after I had been hurt and there was a note on the door saying "Just stopped by to see how you're doing. Hope your day was much more fun and less eventful that yesterday!" I thought that was very thoughtful of them.

It was also magical when the launch captain stopped in bay lake and cut the engine off so we all could watch Wishes from the launch. It was BEAUTIFUL!
We love to loop too! :thumbsup2 Love to stop and chat with people about all their decorations or their dogs. We just love to chat. :goodvibes But our totally new, all time favorite thing is visiting the barn in the back to visit with the horses. We had never done it before as we were always rushing. Now, we spend hours back there chatting with the horses and their people. :thumbsup2

And you are right about Kenny! We had charger issues so I jumped on my laptop and found Kenny's number and gave him a call. He is amazing. Not only did he fix our charger and return it the next day, he gave us a loaner until he could get it back to us. He charged me $18 for the part and told me to pay him what I felt was appropriate for labor. Seriously!!! So DH had me give him $60. As he was dropping it off while we were at the parks, he just left it at our site. We kept missing each other for payment despite all our calls back and forth. I finally ended up mailing him a check about a month after we got back. My bad. I was so sick when we got home and then back into the work grind and the holidays. Finally, my DH said "You mailed that check right?" :scared1: So I quickly wrote it out and sent it. But on a positive note, the shop is near my ILs so when we go down for our cruise we are going to drop the cart off and have him work on it for us. Its hard to find a good cart repair shop in Jersey where you can actually trust the people. So we will trailer it down to FL (and pay before I pick it up. ). We think Kenny is the best and I highly recommend him. :thumbsup2

I think one of the misperceptions to new and old members is that just because someone has a low post count they are a "newbie"! This is so not the case. Many people on this board, including me and my husband, have been going to The Fort since it opened and camp there several times a year.

We have been on the disboards reading for years. Not until recent changes have we cared to participate in duscussions.

It seems strange that you only joined in January 2011! I too lurked for years, but I also registered on the boards! I'm glad you feel comfortable to participate now.

Yes, I am confused that there are several newbies that joined in January 2011 and have either not been to the Fort in a generation or more or have only been once years ago yet seem to have all the answers to very specific questions being posed. Where's TCD when you need him? I trust his knowledge.

It seems strange that you only joined in January 2011! I too lurked for years, but I also registered on the boards! I'm glad you feel comfortable to participate now.

Yes, I am confused that there are several newbies that joined in January 2011 and have either not been to the Fort in a generation or more or have only been once years ago yet seem to have all the answers to very specific questions being posed. Where's TCD when you need him? I trust his knowledge.

How are these comments welcoming and inclusive? :confused3

Does your butt come off the seat on ToT ? Or is it just me? :lmao:

I am not trying to be unwelcoming, just want people who have questions to check other threads as there has been some incorrect information given on other threads here recently. After all, you DO want a correct answer from someone who is very familiar with the Fort or WDW in general. I was just confused by some "newbies" who seem to have all the answers. Do a search on just about anything and you should come up with some good answers to about anything.
And WELCOME to all who love the fort.

Thank you PixieCamper. As i said on another thread just when the dust settles someone comes on and blows it back up again.

Cherie

These (this and the "Fiends" thread) are the two threads where the discussion of those having been banned or left is being discussed. Some are unhappy about that, some..not so much. Either are certainly entitled to their opinion,::yes:: and that's what being discussed here. There are "Fiends" that left us and "Fiends" that remain and will continue to do so. Either one is good as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not sure why it is you feel it shouldn't be discussed in a thread specific to that topic, in which the webmaster to the site has replied and addressed the very topic himself.
It seems to have been done in a respectful and civil manner to date.

The real way to move on..is to just not post in the thread.
Again, just my two cents..and we all know what that's worth :laughing:

Does your butt come off the seat on ToT ? Or is it just me? :lmao:

Denise, My son once had his whole body come off the seat. I was holding him down. I was terrified. Especially, since I don't normally open my eyes, but had to when he screamed..."I"M COMING OUT OF THE SEAT":scared1:!!!:rotfl2:

My daughter let go of her purse while on a drop and she watched it float up. She grabbed it just in time.:lmao:

I am not trying to be unwelcoming, just want people who have questions to check other threads as there has been some incorrect information given on other threads here recently. After all, you DO want a correct answer from someone who is very familiar with the Fort or WDW in general. I was just confused by some "newbies" who seem to have all the answers. Do a search on just about anything and you should come up with some good answers to about anything.
And WELCOME to all who love the fort.

Please feel free to offer your own correct response when you see something you feel wasn't answered properly. That's the purpose of a discussion forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter