• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

facebook question

thinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We don't have a facebook account. We really don't care to have an account to keep in touch with anyone but there are games that you can play to earn things in Las Vegas. I think it is called MyVegas??? Anyway, is there anyway to have a facebook account to do that and no one know that we have it. All we would want it for is to play the games. We asked our kids (grown) if it was possible and they said that they didn't think so because it asks you for certain info when signing up that would give it away that we have it, but they don't really use their accounts a lot. Just thought I would ask folks who were knowledgeable about it. Is there anyway to click certain settings to keep anyone from knowing we have it?
Thanks

If you have to use your real name in order to gain the rewards in Vegas it may be hard to keep it as that only. You can set all of your privacy settings and even dissable where people can write on your "wall", but your name may show up in someone you knows wall and they many send you a friend request.

You don't have to answer all the questions when you sign up. You don't have to tell your current city, hometown, college, etc.
You also could make up any of that stuff if it wasn't important to the Vegas game.

I created a "dummy" Facebook account with a fake first and last name using a legitimate (but seldom used) email address for the sole purpose of the MyVegas program.

I've claimed and used MyVegas vouchers with no problems.

Hope that helps,
Laura

If you create an account and set it to private and don't add friends who's even going to know you have it? You can set it up so you don't come up in searches or on Google. Even if someone looks for you they will never find you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter