• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Facebook group

elainaandsophia

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Could someone please tell me if there is a Facebook group for this forum. It would be much easier to access from my phone. I've tried searching but I cant find anything. TIA

There are numerous Facebook groups devoted to Disney weddings, including one started by DIS brides. Unfortunately a lot of them have gone "secret" due to spamming, which is a drag because then legit brides can't benefit from them. :( However, if you search "Disney brides" or "Disney vow renewal" on Facebook you should turn up a few groups that are merely closed, and you can request membership. :thumbsup2

It's too bad that the main DIS bride group went secret. One of my friends told me about it - she was lucky enough to get in like a week before it disappeared for the rest of us. I hear that it is a lot more active than the forums. :(

It's too bad that the main DIS bride group went secret. One of my friends told me about it - she was lucky enough to get in like a week before it disappeared for the rest of us. I hear that it is a lot more active than the forums. :(

Yeah I have noticed when reading threads on here a lot of people will say that they had uploaded pictures and stuff to the facebook page. :(

I did look up disney weddings and that on facebook and joined a couple of groups though but unfortunate that the main one had to go secret.

You could always start your own group and then any new brides can join your group as the other one is secret

I was actually in that group and left it....then wanted to get back in and couldn't, which kind of pisses me off.
Plus I don't understand why they won't accept any new DISboard brides either....

Lorelei, I don't know the specific details, but I believe I heard it had to do with some people posing as people they weren't and using the group as a way to stalk some of the members (and I'm not just talking about wanting to know what they were up to for the wedding). There was also the problem that due to some other reasons, all of a sudden they were getting a crap-ton of requests a day with people wanting to join, but most of the people had no plans to have a Disney wedding. And so, they stopped letting new members in so that they didn't need to deal with that for the time being. It may open back up at some point, but who knows.

I formed a group for our upcoming cruise and have the same issue, spammers wanting to join, etc. it takes time but that's what it means to have a fb group. I would never make it secret so people on our cruise couldn't find it.

If they don't have enough admins to check out those who want to join, then idk. Back in '08 and '09 this board was MUCH busier than it is now. Thank goodness I'm actually friends irl with most of the brides I met here, so I don't need to be in that group to be in touch with them, but still I just don't think it's right.

I asked to join the group ages and ages ago. I received an email straight away asking for details of my wedding to make sure I was a real bride but it went to my other folder and I didn't realise for 3 months by which point I think it was too late I think as I never got approved. I think the other groups are all really good though and always accept new members just make sure you check your other messages folder for an email asking for details.

Well, that may explain. I requested to join the group a few weeks ago and never was accepted. I thought maybe because I'm the mother of the bride and not the bride? LOL. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't accepted because I've never posted anything bad on ANY forums.

Lorelei, I don't know the specific details, but I believe I heard it had to do with some people posing as people they weren't and using the group as a way to stalk some of the members (and I'm not just talking about wanting to know what they were up to for the wedding). There was also the problem that due to some other reasons, all of a sudden they were getting a crap-ton of requests a day with people wanting to join, but most of the people had no plans to have a Disney wedding. And so, they stopped letting new members in so that they didn't need to deal with that for the time being. It may open back up at some point, but who knows.

They are going to start allowing new brides to join the FB group; however once a group goes "secret" it can't be searchable. If you would be interested in joining, send me a PM and I'll pass along who you need to contact on FB. Can't wait to hear about all of your wedding plans!

I would LOVE to join that group! I am only in the beginning stages of planning my Disney wedding (I'm about 14 months out from my desired date) so I haven't been posting much on here as theres not much to post haha! But once I get to that stage help from here and the fb would be fantastic!

They are going to start allowing new brides to join the FB group; however once a group goes "secret" it can't be searchable. If you would be interested in joining, send me a PM and I'll pass along who you need to contact on FB. Can't wait to hear about all of your wedding plans!
Thanks for the offer, jad, but I'm already in the groups - I was just trying to give a little information to those who had been wondering what was going on.:thumbsup2

Hi ladies - if you'd like to join the FB group, please contact me or the other ladies who have posted. We're adding new members. :)

You're right, but as stated earlier in the thread, Disbrides was closed down earlier in the year to new members. If people want a facebook group to join and ask questions about DFTW, Disney World Brides is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter