Face Painting in the Park

pamjb

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how much face painting in the parks is? Not the pirate makeover, but the little carts that do face painting.

Thanx in advance

It has been a year but last spring we had it done and it seems like it was $20 a face. :rotfl: But I don't really know since the kids conned Grandma for this one. Honestly it was worth it. I have photos of the kids on the fridge with their faces painted. It would have been worth it even if I had to pay. :rotfl:

But get a photo quick. Our youngest who was just incredibly cute with a butterfly paint job. :thumbsup2 She wiped her face paint off after someone said something to her. I did not hear the comment but I can't believe it was mean. I just don't think she wanted the attention. :confused3

I don't know the times nor if all resorts do this but on our last day of our last trip I go sick and had to go back to the resort. We were staying at AKL and I went to Mara to eat lunch before passing out in bed. I noticed that there was a CM painting faces in Mara. It seemed to be free. I did not see any money changing hands.

Does anyone else know if they face paint for free in the resorts?

Later,
Dan

Last Spring, in the World Showcase, I remember it ranging from like 12-20 depending on the design.

Thanx for the replies. Just checking into it for DH's aunt who is taking her 2 grandsons.

It is a range like the pp said...we were told that if my daughters needed a touch up they could go to any face painter & get a touch up for free. By mid afternoon they did need a touch up & we were in a different park. I was amazed- they basically started over and totally repainted their faces! They didn't want to take a tip at first, but eventually took the money.
Wonderful bit of magic :wizard:

My DD got the "Tinkerbell" face in AK and it was $15. I think the cheapest one I saw there was $15.

My DD got the Tinkerbell design and my DS got the pirate look with bandana, eye patch, mustache etc. and it was almost $28 combined.

I don't have a pic of tinkerbell, but here are the faces my DD picked:

2006:
DSC01940.jpg

2009:
PA110143.jpg

Just in case any of you adults were thinking about getting your face painted...

n1272109286_345891_3117976.jpg

I'm very sensitive to facepaint. Last time I got it done as a kid I ended up with raw skin. But since Disney uses hypoallergenic face paint I went for it. If I remember correctly this was about $15-20. My sister got a simple heart painted on her face and they only charged her a few dollars for it. My mom got the Minnie face which if I remember was about $12.

We got ours done for free at MNSSHP so I don't know what the prices were but I would definitely pay for my girls to get theirs done again next time. Here are some pictures (but I can't remember what the designs were called).

Dang it! Can't get my pictures to post. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Kira

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter