• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fabulous Trip

DizGurl4

Earning My Ears
Just got back yesterday from our trip to The Fort:sad: We love to camp and finally combined our 2 favorite things, Disney and Camping! Had a fantastic time and will probably never stay in a hotel in Disney again! We decided to rent a Pop Up instead of using our tent and the process went very smoothly. Couldn't drive from NJ with all that gear and 6 people LOL so this was a perfect solution.:drive: Now we are thinking of buying a Pop Up! The Fort is fun, relaxing and beautiful! We are lucky to be going back in June when my girls are dancing in the Electric Light Parade pixiedust::banana:pixiedust: November is a lovely time of the year to camp in Florida if anyone is wondering when to visit! ;)

Just got back yesterday from our trip to The Fort:sad: We love to camp and finally combined our 2 favorite things, Disney and Camping! Had a fantastic time and will probably never stay in a hotel in Disney again! We decided to rent a Pop Up instead of using our tent and the process went very smoothly. Couldn't drive from NJ with all that gear and 6 people LOL so this was a perfect solution.:drive: Now we are thinking of buying a Pop Up! The Fort is fun, relaxing and beautiful! We are lucky to be going back in June when my girls are dancing in the Electric Light Parade pixiedust::banana:pixiedust: November is a lovely time of the year to camp in Florida if anyone is wondering when to visit! ;)

Where did you rent a pop up? We tent camp at Fort Wilderness every year for Thanksgiving and we always have a blast. Last Thanksgiving, it got down into the 30's at night, but it was so much fun. This is our first Thanksgiving that we won't be camping, but staying at the Old Key West Resort, but we have already made our reservations to camp next Thanksgiving! What part of NJ are you from? I grew up in Northern Jersey, Mahwah. I am now living in Fort Lauderdale!;)

And we have another convert,:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Always good to have another friend of the Fort pixiedust:
Glad ya'll hadda good time.

Where did you rent a pop up? We tent camp at Fort Wilderness every year for Thanksgiving and we always have a blast. Last Thanksgiving, it got down into the 30's at night, but it was so much fun. This is our first Thanksgiving that we won't be camping, but staying at the Old Key West Resort, but we have already made our reservations to camp next Thanksgiving! What part of NJ are you from? I grew up in Northern Jersey, Mahwah. I am now living in Fort Lauderdale!;)

We rented from Florida Camper Rental and were very happy with everything! :cool1: I live in Howell NJ which is near Belmar. Funny you moved to Florida, after this trip I keep thinking of moving! Enjoy your Thanksgiving trip! :woohoo:

That's just how we got started. We love our popup and almost annually have taken it to the beach and the Fort. So it's become our condo at the beach AND our own little DVC. :goodvibes

Welcome to the club. :welcome:

Bama Ed

PS - it's also our cabin in the woods. You'll fall for the trailer/rv vacation lifestyle easily, I promise!

Was renting the pop up really hassle free? We recently returned from tent camping on the 1500 loop over Halloween, and are making plans for our return trip Dec 2014. We've been trying to decide whether to go with a travel agent/pkg & stay in cabins or get a site & rent a camper. We'll be spending more time in the parks our next trip & want the least stress possible! I was leaning towards a cabin, but now I'm not sure...

We loved the cabins, so cozy in my opinion. You have the ability to make meals and heat up or do crock pot meals to maximize park time!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Was renting the pop up really hassle free? We recently returned from tent camping on the 1500 loop over Halloween, and are making plans for our return trip Dec 2014. We've been trying to decide whether to go with a travel agent/pkg & stay in cabins or get a site & rent a camper. We'll be spending more time in the parks our next trip & want the least stress possible! I was leaning towards a cabin, but now I'm not sure...

Extremely stress free :cool1: We pulled up to the site and everything was set up and the golf cart was there. We cooked some meals and had breakfast every morning at the camper. Very relaxing after a day in the parks with 4 children, well 5 if you count the hubby!!!! Everything was provided except food and clothing! I believe they will grocery shop for you also or you can get food delivered. If you don't have your own camper but love the camping lifestyle then you cannot beat it :thumbsup2

That's just how we got started. We love our popup and almost annually have taken it to the beach and the Fort. So it's become our condo at the beach AND our own little DVC. :goodvibes

Welcome to the club. :welcome:

Bama Ed

PS - it's also our cabin in the woods. You'll fall for the trailer/rv vacation lifestyle easily, I promise!

Thank you Bama Ed! That's a great way to describe it :thumbsup2

Extremely stress free :cool1: We pulled up to the site and everything was set up and the golf cart was there. We cooked some meals and had breakfast every morning at the camper. Very relaxing after a day in the parks with 4 children, well 5 if you count the hubby!!!! Everything was provided except food and clothing! I believe they will grocery shop for you also or you can get food delivered. If you don't have your own camper but love the camping lifestyle then you cannot beat it :thumbsup2

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you had a great time!

If you don't mind me asking - where did you get the golf cart? We are using Florida Camper Rental for our March trip, but their website only mentions renting bicycles and scooters. We definitely want to get a golf cart! And, thanks for sharing your opinion of the company - so far, we are very happy with them, too. :goodvibes

If you don't mind me asking - where did you get the golf cart? We are using Florida Camper Rental for our March trip, but their website only mentions renting bicycles and scooters. We definitely want to get a golf cart! And, thanks for sharing your opinion of the company - so far, we are very happy with them, too. :goodvibes

Just call and tell William you would like to have a golf cart. I never saw it on their website but he was able to get one for us. His rates are reasonable and the golf cart was a good size (there are 6 of us!). Hope this is helpful! :)

Just call and tell William you would like to have a golf cart. I never saw it on their website but he was able to get one for us. His rates are reasonable and the golf cart was a good size (there are 6 of us!). Hope this is helpful! :)
It is very helpful - thank you so much!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter