• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fabulous Deals Coming

We live in Canada. We only vacation in the USA, usually at Easter, Christmas and in the summer, mostly along the eastern sea board and a month or so in Florida. We don't travel in Canada because availability is usually limited at places we want to go, ie booking camp sites a year in advance at provincial campgrounds or the price is so high for one or two nights that I can go to Florida for 7 days. Lots of taxes and fees in Ontario.

Anyhow since there is no travel to the US for us, I recently book a weekend in the summer at Niagara Falls for a true falls view room for $149 CAD tax in which would normally in the summer on a Sat be $ 300.

I also finally got two separate reservations at the Pinery Campground in Ontario which is usually booked full months in advance with American tourists, so I was happy about that.

But I did book two weeks in Florida at the end of August and booked two weeks at Christmas back in January 2020.

Really hoping it will open soon ( the border)

In the process of buying a 2020 Kia Optima LX...got a great deal. Originally wanted a Honda Civic, but they were offering no cash deals...so Kia it is. I got effectively 27% off the MSRP before trade in, plus I'll get free oil changes, inspections, and a long warranty as long as I own the car.

I figure I did leave a few hundred on the table, but better the bird in the hand as we open up, and people might actually realize they need a car to drive again...

Help me understand that. You'll have to pay the difference on the price of the tickets you already own to use them at a later time?
Sorry, I see many have answered. At this point I am glad Disney has not put “use by 2021” and they expire.

Haha, it's been a while for you too, eh? The non expiring tickets went away a few years ago...dang I wish I'd bought some. At the time, I didn't want to commit $600 for the 10 day tickets, but that will look like peanuts in another year or two when it costs close to $150/$200 a day to enter a Disney park.
I bought 4 10 day non expiring tickets when they ended the those type of tickets. We go to Florida usually every year and may only visit one of the parks. But with our big Family trip that was cancelled in April 7 members of my family are sitting on their tickets I bought them for Christmas. I communicated with Disney;a few times and I said we may not even get to WDW in 2021 and she said, I will not loose the value of the ticket if used in 2020, but if ticket prices increase and we attend in a few years, we will have to pay the price increase.

Yea our trip got canceled and we had the military salute tickets for my grandson and mother in law. The person who was going to activate them will be on active duty when we go back and now we will have to either hold on to the tickets until he gets back from Guantanamo Bay or (hopefully) pay the difference to get regular park hoppers for both our grandson and mother in law in March.

There are so many "circumstances" for so many people. I know this is a minor thing in regards to life, but we so look forward to these trips. My daughter and her partner (who is in the military and got the discount tickets) are already in very stressful occupations (both her and her partner are state probation and parole officers and he is in the Coast Guard) and my husband works 70plus hours a week. These trips to WDW are very decompressing.

I know that this could sound very self absorbed, but these boards are mostly Disney related and hopefully I won't be ostracized for my post.

Fingers crossed that most everything works out for everyone.

I don't think you sound self absorbed. I hope you all get to go on your trip and it all works out for you. Things are hard. Life is hard work when there isn't a pandemic!!! Thank you to your family members who work such tough jobs <3

I bought 4 10 day non expiring tickets when they ended the those type of tickets. We go to Florida usually every year and may only visit one of the parks. But with our big Family trip that was cancelled in April 7 members of my family are sitting on their tickets I bought them for Christmas. I communicated with Disney;a few times and I said we may not even get to WDW in 2021 and she said, I will not loose the value of the ticket if used in 2020, but if ticket prices increase and we attend in a few years, we will have to pay the price increase.

That's super frustrating. I'm sorry :(

If you have a Ross nearby that has opened they have marked down their entire store pretty much today. I was able to grab 2 Kate Spade bags $50 each regular price $300+, 1 Dooney & Burke bag $36 regular price $200+, Samsonite luggage $25 regular price $100+, Michael Kors jacket for $15 marked down from $60, plus home decor items. I was surprised all of this was available since I went about 2 hours before closing. They are trying to move most of the inventory that has been sitting all this time. I was also told they will bring out new stuff every day. There was a little wait to get in since they are limiting the number of people in store.

If you have a Ross nearby that has opened they have marked down their entire store pretty much today. I was able to grab 2 Kate Spade bags $50 each regular price $300+, 1 Dooney & Burke bag $36 regular price $200+, Samsonite luggage $25 regular price $100+, Michael Kors jacket for $15 marked down from $60, plus home decor items. I was surprised all of this was available since I went about 2 hours before closing. They are trying to move most of the inventory that has been sitting all this time. I was also told they will bring out new stuff every day. There was a little wait to get in since they are limiting the number of people in store.

You have a way nicer Ross than any I've ever been in. I've never seen Kate Spade, Dooney or Michael Kors at Ross. The TJ Max and Marhall's near me are hit or miss for them as well. Used to do well at one's near where I lived in NC. Our Ross here near Seattle are dirty, unorganized and awful. I just don't have the patience.

You have a way nicer Ross than any I've ever been in. I've never seen Kate Spade, Dooney or Michael Kors at Ross. The TJ Max and Marhall's near me are hit or miss for them as well. Used to do well at one's near where I lived in NC. Our Ross here near Seattle are dirty, unorganized and awful. I just don't have the patience.
It's the same here its very hit and miss with some sections of the store more organized than others. I was surprised with how much nice stuff they had left before closing. The purses were all sitting up front with no one touching them. Most people went directly to the clothing. It did seem more organized, one of the cashiers mentioned they've been marking things down and organizing the store since last week.

Had to take someone into town to pick up a vehicle and saw massive lines waiting for Ross to open. Looked like Best Buy on Black Friday!

Yes. When you purchase tickets, you need to choose a date range you'll use them in. Disney has date-based tickets, so certain times of the year (mainly holidays and higher crowd times), the tickets cost more. If you change that date to a different, higher-cost date, you will have to pay the difference. There is no refund if you change the date to a lower-priced date.
This is why I buy when I get there - stinks you got burned

In the process of buying a 2020 Kia Optima LX...got a great deal. Originally wanted a Honda Civic, but they were offering no cash deals...so Kia it is. I got effectively 27% off the MSRP before trade in, plus I'll get free oil changes, inspections, and a long warranty as long as I own the car.

I figure I did leave a few hundred on the table, but better the bird in the hand as we open up, and people might actually realize they need a car to drive again...

So, the sale is done. For anyone looking who might be a Kia owner and/or a vet, the deals are there...for a final price, I got the $24.5K car for $17.1K before all the taxes/fees/registration/plates/etc or a total "out the door" of $18.790K - it actually ended up a little over 30% off MSRP (before taxes/fees) for a cash buy...best deal I've ever gotten on a car, and I'm happy. I can strike this task off my list for the next 5 years...

We have had a similar problem....we sold our last house a while ago, and moved to another property owned outright. We both have company cars, and only one credit card. So - no mortgage, no car loans - or other loans - and only one card = our credit score tanked.
We've since gotten two new credit cards each, and financed a minor piece of farm equipment, and it's slowly going back up. Unbelievable..

I think this sort of thing single handedly kept the housing market in the basement. My CR seems to take a hit every time there is a blip in interest rates, probably to keep people like me from refinancing into a lower rate because there is no justifiable reason.

If the goal is to get things moving then people with means should be supported so we can increase disposable income and spend on things in our community to get the economy moving. Freeing mortgage dollars would be such an enormous cash infusion into communities, being able to restructure household debt kept things buzzing through the 90's-2008 for so many markets.

It is unbelievable that the middle class hands have been tied.

About deals, I'm looking for a SUV but only a lease - hoping there are more coming up.

Our summer travel to Europe has been cancelled. Would like to rent a beach house for a week, I think we would feel safe doing that. I think! But holy moly! A week rental on the beach is almost what I was paying to be in Europe! $4500 and up for a 3 bedroom place for a week? Ouch!!! That's A LOT of money!!!

I got my big ticket item, my van. I don’t know if it was a stellar deal or not (new 2019 EX-L) but I can tell you it was super easy to negotiate. I got the extra weather mats, lifetime power train warranty, three oil changes, extra clear coat outside, and leather sealant for $32,518.

I am joining the auto buying excitement! Last week, I bought my 19 year old her first car. I found it on Car Guru and it was right here in my city at a well known dealership. Just what I was looking for exactly, and I never luck out like this. A 2013 Honda Accord with a single owner ( a meticulous bank teller who took impeccable care of it). Only 71K miles on it, and in my daughter's favorite blue color.
It drove so smoothly and quietly. Reduced from 15K to 10.5K because of sitting at the dealership for the two months the place was closed due to the pandemic. My DD is thrilled--just in time for the half hour drive to her full-time summer job she was lucky enough to get two weeks ago when garden centers in our state were allowed to open up. I feel really appreciative that both the car and the job worked out--I was worried about both given this tough economic time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter