Fabulous Birthday Dinner At Le Cellier

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
:cloud9: We had switched my Birthday dinner to Le Cellier for this past Sat evening Sept 8th since Tepanyedo was still not open.

I am so glad that we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

This was one of the best meals that I have ever eaten in my life!!!!!

We checked in for our 5:40 ADR at just about 5:40 and we were seated immediatly in a nice quiet corner...:cloud9:

Our server made the dinner so special. His name was Patrick and he was from Ontario. He was such a doll!! We wanted to take him home with us.:love: DD (9) was just blushing all evening. He knew how too charm the ladies that is for sure. It was just Mom, DD (9) and I for dinner that night.

We started off with the Cheddar cheese soup and the pretzel bread and it was just as wonderful as everyone says. Mom had the field greens and the salad was really good too.
I ordered the Wild mushroom rissoto and the filet and it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. It was so tender that it cut like butter and melted in my mouth. Mom ordered the 7 oz filet w/ cream cheese mashed potatoes and it was equally as good. Patrick made sure we had everything we needed. I did order a glass of Riesling with my dinner and it was very good. DD got the pasta without sauce and she loved the bread.
After dinner we ordered the Creme' brule for dessert and Mom loved the maple, but I love the Vanilla bean. DD had the make your own sundae. Then Patrick surprised me with a free glass of champage with a strawberry in it for my Birthday.
He also brought us our VIP passes for Illuminations. It was just a spectacular way to spend my Birthday. Everything was just perfect!!!:goodvibes

I highly recommend trying Le Cellier if you can get an ADR. The most amazing part was that we had the free dining!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I do want to try Tepanyedo, but I am not sorry that I switched to Le Cellier.

I would love too take DH there sometime. He would love it. Oh and we did end up leaving Patrick a cash tip on top of what is built into the dining plan. He earned it!

Michelle

And having Patrick for your server at Le Cellier was a great present! We had him when we were there the third week in August, and I agree, he is adorable!

I had the same meal you did (with a Canadian beer instead of wine - Patrick's suggestion) and everything was delicious. This restaurant is on our "must do" list - and, yes, Patrick did get an extra tip on top of what the DDP gives him.

We list Le Cellier as one of our three favorite restaurants. I couldn't agree more. We sneak over for lunch when my son is in school once in a while (shhh, don't tell him) and have a wonderful meal. The training these kids go through, at their ages, to be so professional is tremendous, which is a feather in the management's cap. I don't have to speak about the food...it speaks for itself.

Wow! Patrick, Champagne and Illuminations! Glad you had a nice birthday

How long has Patrick been at LeCellier? and how long will he be there?

I have LeCellier booked Nov 13th for my 50th birthday lunch (yes its on the actual day).

This is right after spending the morning w/the Dolphins at the Living Seas and before I go listen/dance to Off Kilter

Wow! Patrick, Champagne and Illuminations! Glad you had a nice birthday

How long has Patrick been at LeCellier? and how long will he be there?

I have LeCellier booked Nov 13th for my 50th birthday lunch (yes its on the actual day).

This is right after spending the morning w/the Dolphins at the Living Seas and before I go listen/dance to Off Kilter

Well, well, you will be 50 and I will be 48 on November 13th. Patrick will probably be there. If he is a student, they usually do 6 month stints. If you don't get Patrick, there are plenty of other servers who are fantastic.

Happy birthday early, fellow Scorpio. By the way, a treat for you for your birthday. Spaceship Earth is reopening on the 13th.

lol - and Happy Birthday to you too
will you be at EpCot on your 48th? how about LeCellier?

and yes I am aware that Spaceship Earth is due to reopen on our birthdays. Isnt that cool? I have it on my itinerary to go for a ride btwn Off Kilter sets.

:cloud9: We had switched my Birthday dinner to Le Cellier for this past Sat evening Sept 8th since Tepanyedo was still not open.

I am so glad that we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

This was one of the best meals that I have ever eaten in my life!!!!!

We checked in for our 5:40 ADR at just about 5:40 and we were seated immediatly in a nice quiet corner...:cloud9:

Our server made the dinner so special. His name was Patrick and he was from Ontario. He was such a doll!! We wanted to take him home with us.:love: DD (9) was just blushing all evening. He knew how too charm the ladies that is for sure. It was just Mom, DD (9) and I for dinner that night.

We started off with the Cheddar cheese soup and the pretzel bread and it was just as wonderful as everyone says. Mom had the field greens and the salad was really good too.
I ordered the Wild mushroom rissoto and the filet and it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. It was so tender that it cut like butter and melted in my mouth. Mom ordered the 7 oz filet w/ cream cheese mashed potatoes and it was equally as good. Patrick made sure we had everything we needed. I did order a glass of Riesling with my dinner and it was very good. DD got the pasta without sauce and she loved the bread.
After dinner we ordered the Creme' brule for dessert and Mom loved the maple, but I love the Vanilla bean. DD had the make your own sundae. Then Patrick surprised me with a free glass of champage with a strawberry in it for my Birthday.
He also brought us our VIP passes for Illuminations. It was just a spectacular way to spend my Birthday. Everything was just perfect!!!:goodvibes

I highly recommend trying Le Cellier if you can get an ADR. The most amazing part was that we had the free dining!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I do want to try Tepanyedo, but I am not sorry that I switched to Le Cellier.

I would love too take DH there sometime. He would love it. Oh and we did end up leaving Patrick a cash tip on top of what is built into the dining plan. He earned it!

Michelle

Sounds great! Glad you had a great birthday.

How did they know it was your birthday ~ did you have it noted on your ADR? We are celebrating DH's birthday, but he won't let me just out and out tell a CM so they might make it more "special" for him - but if I could note it on the ADR that would be great.

lol - and Happy Birthday to you too
will you be at EpCot on your 48th? how about LeCellier?

and yes I am aware that Spaceship Earth is due to reopen on our birthdays. Isnt that cool? I have it on my itinerary to go for a ride btwn Off Kilter sets.

That sounds great. A bit of the wine and food festival that last weekend, whatever...

Anything on Disney property for my birthday is absolutely fine with me! I treated my fiance on his birthday in July to Victoria and Albert's and then a three bedroom suite at Saratoga Springs. I'm probably thinking we will lay low for mine! Heck, a fastpass to Soarin' and then to Exp. Everest would be cool.

Thanks for sharing your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. :)

Sounds great! Glad you had a great birthday.

How did they know it was your birthday ~ did you have it noted on your ADR? We are celebrating DH's birthday, but he won't let me just out and out tell a CM so they might make it more "special" for him - but if I could note it on the ADR that would be great.

Yes I they noted it on the ADR when we made the reservation.:cloud9: Plus I have a 9 year old DD that tells everyone "It's my Mom's Birthday"!:rotfl: Oh and the most important thing is that I had the Birthday button on that guest services gave me...So that is a dead give away. You think you can get your DH to wear the button????:confused3

It was a lot of fun!!!

Michelle

Hey, I made my fiance wear a birthday button, all through our meal at Victoria and Albert's! He's 59...so there's no excuse!

I'm soooo glad to here that Patrick is still there!! We had him for a server back in Feb. He was so great that my DD (7) has chosen LeCellier for her bday dinner this Sept. 22!! I was going to ask to have Patrick as our server if he was still there! That will just put the finishing touches on her special day!! I hope he works that day!

Patrick was my server the last time I ate at Le Cellier. That was in December, nine months ago, (it was early Dec,) so he's definatly been there longer then six months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter