FABULOSITY! A mini pre-trip dining report UPDATED 6/27 WITH FINAL ADRs LISTED

Signing in! popcorn::

Welcome! So glad you're reading! :)

Your line up is fantastic. Also, I was fortunate enough to have served as a Chef in Costa Rica and learned all about the fabulous tres leches cake-I have never tried to replicate it, but it cannot be that difficult. Maybe a project for a rainy day.

My new Pre trip (DXDINING) is up at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37076768&posted=1#post37076768

I'm following your pre-trip report, too! I'm glad you approve of my line-up...and I'm not even done laying it out. We've got a few more scrumptious plans lined up...wait and see!

I would agree that the tres leches is probably not that difficult. I realized what goes into it when I made my first super-easy pina colada cake, which is essentially a modified tres leches made from a modified box mix. But I'm afraid knowing how to make it will be hazardous to my diet! If I ever try to bake the tres leches, I'll let you know how it goes.

So, where was I? Oh, yeah. We've moved over to AKL...

Day 9 - AKL
We plan to take a break and fully enjoy the pools and amenities at AKL this day.
B - CL lounge
L - Mara
D - Wanayama Safari, family style meal at Jiko

Day 10 - DHS
B - CL lounge
L - 50's Prime Time Cafe (done it once before, many years ago, experience was meh, want to give it another try
D - Flying Fish Cafe

Day 11 - AK
B - CL Lounge
L - Flame Tree BBQ
D - Boma

Day 12 - Departure (MK Rope Drop)
B - CL Lounge
L - Pecos Bill's
D - MCO snacks :(

That sums it up! Welcoming feedback...

Any ideas on WHAT? With the exception of the HDDR, we both know that you're going to look at menus and say "Ohhh...I think I'll have the X. Were you thinking about having Y?"

It's one of the things I love about you...even 20 years later. :love:

Any ideas on WHAT? With the exception of the HDDR, we both know that you're going to look at menus and say "Ohhh...I think I'll have the X. Were you thinking about having Y?"

It's one of the things I love about you...even 20 years later. :love:

I'm not quite sure what you'll be ordering yet, MainStreetFireman. I'm still researching, but a lot of it will depend upon my mood each day. I'll probably decide what you're having at the very last minute. And one of the things I love about you most is your extremely selfless willingness to indulge all of my cravings. How lucky am I? :lovestruc

I can't believe D&B does a Disney bag now (unless they did before and I never noticed). I saw it in one of the Contemporary stores before our dinner at California Grill last week. It jumped out at me in a "one of these things is not like the other" way. Pretty!

Project Runway approved. Have fun! :cool2:

I can't believe D&B does a Disney bag now (unless they did before and I never noticed). I saw it in one of the Contemporary stores before our dinner at California Grill last week. It jumped out at me in a "one of these things is not like the other" way. Pretty!

Project Runway approved. Have fun! :cool2:

Why, thank you! And I don't think D&B has been doing Disney for too long. I know this "sketch" pattern, at least, is new. There are several threads about them over on the theme park community board, if you're interested in the specifics.

Ironically, the fabulous bag is not coming to Disney this trip. It's just a little too small to make the cut it as my carry-on, and too big to carry in the parks (I have a bagallini for that).

I want to show you my plans all in one post. I'd love your feedback and comments, suggestions on what to order and such...and I'll tell you later what we're THINKING of ordering based upon our tastes and research we've done here.

All breakfasts, at this point, will be either counter service (mostly grab-n-go) type items from Captain Cooks or offerings at AKL's club level lounge. We may add a few sit-down breakfasts. We MAY do Kona or 'Ohana one Poly am, or may add Boma one day while at AKL (if we add Boma, it will be the latest possible breakfast, so it will serve more as lunch than b'fast. Hate to give up that "free" CL breakfast, especially in light of all the other money we're spending on meals!

Day 1
B - deli at home
L - Captain Cooks
D - Chef Mickey's

Day 2
L - Chefs de France
D - San Angel Inn

Day 3
L - Cosmic Ray's?
D - 'Ohana

Day 4 - SWEET 16!
This would be one day we may add sit-down b'fast
L - CS at TL? DTD? Garden View Tea? Now leaning toward DTD after TL
D - California Grill

Day 5
L - La Cava del Tequila and CS noshing at WS
D - Coral Reef

Day 6
L - ? DHS, or wait until break at resort?
D - Kona Cafe

Day 7
L - CRT
D - HDDR

Day 8
L - Mara
D - Sanaa

Day 9
L - (possible "brunch at Boma") Mara
D - Wanayama Safari (includes family-style dinner at Jiko)

Day 10
L - 50's Prime Time (Beaches 'n Cream if we want to leave DHS)
D - Flying Fish

Day 11
B - Sunrise Safari (includes buffet b'fast at...Tusker House? I'm not even sure where!)
L - Flame Tree BBQ
D - Boma

Day 12
L - Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bill's, maybe both (our flight is at 7:30 PM)

That sums it up! We leave 3 weeks from today!!

I want to show you my plans all in one post. I'd love your feedback and comments, suggestions on what to order and such...and I'll tell you later what we're THINKING of ordering based upon our tastes and research we've done here.

All breakfasts, at this point, will be either counter service (mostly grab-n-go) type items from Captain Cooks or offerings at AKL's club level lounge. We may add a few sit-down breakfasts. We MAY do Kona or 'Ohana one Poly am, or may add Boma one day while at AKL (if we add Boma, it will be the latest possible breakfast, so it will serve more as lunch than b'fast. Hate to give up that "free" CL breakfast, especially in light of all the other money we're spending on meals!

Day 1
B - deli at home
L - Captain Cooks
D - Chef Mickey's

Day 2
L - Chefs de France
D - San Angel Inn

Day 3
L - Cosmic Ray's?
D - 'Ohana

Day 4 - SWEET 16!
D - California Grill

Day 5
D - Coral Reef

Day 6
D - Kona Cafe

Day 7
L - CRT
D - HDDR

Day 8
L - Mara
D - Sanaa

Day 9

Day 10
D - Flying Fish

Day 11
B - Sunrise Safari (includes buffet b'fast at...Tusker House? I'm not even sure where!)
L - Flame Tree BBQ
D - Boma

Day 12
L - Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bill's, maybe both (our flight is at 7:30 PM)

Great selections!! I love the Flame Tree BBQ. I also highly recommend the Cape May Clam Bake(buffet) located in the Yacht Club Resort. :)

iloveeeyore,

Have you seen the awesome wallet they have out as well, your purse is perfect, I want one now!! I was going to just get the wallet, but now I want a set, thx to you, my DH might not be to happy about it, but happy wife, Happy life!!! ;)

Day 1
B - deli at home
L - Captain Cooks
D - Chef Mickey's

Day 2
L - Chefs de France
D - San Angel Inn

Day 3
L - Cosmic Ray's?
D - 'Ohana

Day 4 - SWEET 16!
D - California Grill

Day 5
D - Coral Reef

Day 6
D - Kona Cafe

Day 7
L - CRT
D - HDDR

Day 8
L - Mara
D - Sanaa

Day 9

Day 10
D - Flying Fish

Day 11
L - Flame Tree BBQ
D - Boma

Day 12

What a great lineup! Lucky you! :)

Have you ever been to CG before? Do you like sushi? It's to die for. The flatbreads are very, very tasty. And you can't go wrong with a steak there, at least that's what I've heard (I always get sushi as my app as well as my entree!). California Grill is our favorite restaurant and we'll be heading there for our 2nd anniversary in a couple of months! Squeal! It's a special place.

Kona is great for dinner! The potstickers...mmmm! The tuna oscar is very popular, from what I understand. I :love: the pan asian noodles and the shrimp/scallops. I'm drooling just thinking about them...

I look forward to seeing what you have to say about Flying Fish, since we've never been there and have an ADR for September.

Great selections!! I love the Flame Tree BBQ. I also highly recommend the Cape May Clam Bake(buffet) located in the Yacht Club Resort. :)

Thanks! What's your favorite selection at the Flame Tree? It's been a few trips since we've been there (several years, I think). I think I remember we enjoyed the ribs, but not sure if we'll get that this time.

We've heard great things about Cape May. We hope to try it on a different trip, when we eventually stay in the Epcot area, which is definitely in our "some day" plans.

iloveeeyore,

Have you seen the awesome wallet they have out as well, your purse is perfect, I want one now!! I was going to just get the wallet, but now I want a set, thx to you, my DH might not be to happy about it, but happy wife, Happy life!!! ;)

YES! I HAVE seen the beautiful wallet!!! I agree it is awesome! I can certainly understand WHY you want a set, and it's not so much for a girl to ask, really, to simply have matching accessories! ;) I'm afraid that I might have annoyed a few husbands recently...as long as we wives stick together, it's all good. I LOVE that saying "happy wife, happy life." :rotfl:

I hope I see you at the volcano pool, logpey! We are planning to be there almost every afternoon. I'll have my lime green mickey head somehow with me at all times...well, maybe not IN the water. And I'll be snapping photos of everything!

What a great lineup! Lucky you! :)

Have you ever been to CG before? Do you like sushi? It's to die for. The flatbreads are very, very tasty. And you can't go wrong with a steak there, at least that's what I've heard (I always get sushi as my app as well as my entree!). California Grill is our favorite restaurant and we'll be heading there for our 2nd anniversary in a couple of months! Squeal! It's a special place.

Kona is great for dinner! The potstickers...mmmm! The tuna oscar is very popular, from what I understand. I :love: the pan asian noodles and the shrimp/scallops. I'm drooling just thinking about them...

I look forward to seeing what you have to say about Flying Fish, since we've never been there and have an ADR for September.

Thank you! We love our lineup! We've been working on it since our last trip (April 2008), so you see a lot of planning (and saving) is incorporated here.

We have never been to CG; we've always wanted to go, but time and/or budget just didn't allow. We thought for DD's sweet 16 celebration, and our 20th, we'd go all-out. And yes, we ALL love sushi! For sure, a Spicy Kazan Roll is in our future. Don't know what else, though. I imagine DS will want a flatbread, I am very intrigued by the lobster risotto, the goat cheese ravioli looks soooo good, and we haven't even gotten to the entrees yet! We might get one signature pork and one filet, and lots of appies!

And Kona! We are also eating at 'Ohana, so not sure if we'll get the pot stickers here, too. Are they different? Also, I think I want that Kona salad and for sure the Tuna Oscar. I think DD will get either the noodles or chicken, DS will most likely go for the steak. Oh, so many choices! I'm glad there are four of us, so we can taste lots of selections!

Less than 2 weeks now!

I might have a lime green mickey head on my bag at the pool, but I plan to definitely be at the Volcano pool a good bit especially the first two days because we are chilling no plans for parks until 3rd day, is that wierd???:confused3

I might have a lime green mickey head on my bag at the pool, but I plan to definitely be at the Volcano pool a good bit especially the first two days because we are chilling no plans for parks until 3rd day, is that wierd???:confused3

Not weird at all; sounds like a GREAT plan to me...unwind from life for a few days, THEN hit the parks refreshed with a new attitude! Safe travels, see you there!

We have never been to CG; we've always wanted to go, but time and/or budget just didn't allow. We thought for DD's sweet 16 celebration, and our 20th, we'd go all-out. And yes, we ALL love sushi! For sure, a Spicy Kazan Roll is in our future. Don't know what else, though. I imagine DS will want a flatbread, I am very intrigued by the lobster risotto, the goat cheese ravioli looks soooo good, and we haven't even gotten to the entrees yet! We might get one signature pork and one filet, and lots of appies!

And Kona! We are also eating at 'Ohana, so not sure if we'll get the pot stickers here, too. Are they different? Also, I think I want that Kona salad and for sure the Tuna Oscar. I think DD will get either the noodles or chicken, DS will most likely go for the steak. Oh, so many choices! I'm glad there are four of us, so we can taste lots of selections!

Less than 2 weeks now!
[/COLOR]

I have never been to Ohana but I guess the potstickers are the same, it makes sense. DH is still trying to get us in there in September - I reminded him that perhaps the Poly CL crew can help us, they got us into Narcoossee's on our first trip. If we don't manage it, we'll go to Kona. So yum, either way!

I am so looking forward to hearing about the experiences you'll be having in less than 2 weeks (I'm super jealous, too - 9 weeks, here), especially at CG. You'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter