F3.5 Vs F1.4 or 1.7

thesimson01

Mouseketeer
Hi pro's of photography,

I'm looking for a 50mm f1.4 or 2.8 Pentax (or Sigma)lens. Now i have a 18-55mm f3.5 that came with the K100D body.

Is the f1.4 or 1.7 a lot faster than the F3.5? Does it worth the money? (around 250$)

Most of use is parade and low light pics.

Thanks.:surfweb:

I would read a book on exposure, by Peterson. Yes and they are.

Jack

The SMC-FA 50mm f/1.4 is an excellent lens! I only paid $175 and it was worth every penny. I only use the kit, the 50mm, and the SMC-DA 50-200mm. I also have an older SMC-A 50mm f/2, which is also nice, but not really needed since I got the new one. There is not a $100 version for Pentax, but comparably this lens is somewhat cheaper than the Canon or Nikon f/1.4 50mm lenses. It is also at a higher build quality than the inexpensive f/1.8 lenses.

I wouldnt get fixated on the FA50 1.4 there are also the Pentax Fa 50 1.7 and the F50 1.7 both these lens tend to be a little cheaper and many would argue that the FA 1.7 as actually better for shaprness. I have the F series lens and think it was just as good as the 1.4 when i had it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter