• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

F&WF, the dining plan and solo

D

dahirsh

I just booked a trip for this October to take advantage of the F&WF and MNSSHP.

What are your thoughts on purchasing the dining plan during the food and wine festival?

I know that snack credits can be used at the booths, and I do enjoy table serice meals, I'm just not sure I'd be making the best use of my money.

I'd love to hear other people's opinions and experiences.

Deb:surfweb:

Tough call Deb:

Using the credits at the booths is great. But, for us, the F&WF experience is just so much about grazing around Epcot that we had to make an effort for using our CS last trip (which was our first on the DDP). We agreed that we may buy the DDP again, but doubt we'll do it again during a F&WF trip.

I think you would still come out ahead buying the DDP, but to what extent depends on where you plan to eat, and also if you can make good use of the CS and TS meals. Depending on how far ahead ($$$) you may project you'll come out on the cost basis, that may not be enough overall value for you to be restricted by the DDP structure (and venues).
Ultimately, you have to do what makes sense for you, and your preferences.

Rob

I think it depends upon whether you plan to book some of the special dining
events when the bookings open later in the summer.

There are food and wine pairings, signature dinners, and other special dining
events that are meals unto themselves. I am not going to be booking the
dining plan for that reason. It wouldn't be a good use of my money, since
I intend to book quite a few events.

But if you don't see yourself booking events, then the snack credits might
be better served at the F&W kiosks, with the rest of your credits used
towards table and counter service meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter