• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

F&w

heathers4um

DIS Veteran
I just realized that the week we (just DBF & I) will be there so will the F&W festival!!

I have never done this but am interested. Can any of you tell me if its worth it to do it? And HOW you do it! :confused3

This was going to be a no park week for us BUT if this is SO worth it, I may book our EPCOT Segway Tour the same morning and just do THIS ONE PARK! :dance3:

Hi Heather , F&W is GREAT !!! There is no way to "do" it so to speak, just head on over to WS at Epcot and have a great time. F&W is a bunch of kiosk set in the countries in WS the show off the food and wines/beers of those regions , they also have other countries represented that are not always shown. Once you are there (in WS) Start at one end of Ws and just have fun just eating and drinking around the world. You can find some info on Allears.net. When ar you going to be there , we will be there 10/30-11/6. Have a Great holiday!!

f&w is great - you can try food from all kinds of countries - and there is beer school & wine school & food school - it's so much fun - trying new things i would definately go for a day - it's worth it - we've had new zealand mussels - irish leek & potato soup - shrimp on the bar-b - yum

:lovestruc Love love love the F&W festival! If you're only going one day though, I recommend NOT doing it on a weekend. The weekend days always seem to be very very crowded with long lines at the kiosks. During the week it's much better. :)

it looks ike we will be there the same tine - our dates are 10/31-11/5 :goodvibes

I am definitely going to fit this in..we would love it!

Hi Heather , F&W is GREAT !!! There is no way to "do" it so to speak, just head on over to WS at Epcot and have a great time. F&W is a bunch of kiosk set in the countries in WS the show off the food and wines/beers of those regions , they also have other countries represented that are not always shown. Once you are there (in WS) Start at one end of Ws and just have fun just eating and drinking around the world. You can find some info on Allears.net. When ar you going to be there , we will be there 10/30-11/6. Have a Great holiday!!

thanks so much - this may sound contradictory to our laid back relaxing trip but I have started a folder of all the adult things we would love while there and this is going in! then we will take it day by day and see where it leads us...but I think this may be a must for our 1 park day. :cool1:

here is last year information

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/index.htm

here is disney one
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...s/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

depends upon you - do you like food from different countries and culturals - then you will love it.

if you only like American type food - you won't enjoy it as much.

perfect since we will be there from sun-fri and will likely do this the middle of the week to keep the relaxed vibe going! :cheer2:

:lovestruc Love love love the F&W festival! If you're only going one day though, I recommend NOT doing it on a weekend. The weekend days always seem to be very very crowded with long lines at the kiosks. During the week it's much better. :)

I just realized that the week we (just DBF & I) will be there so will the F&W festival!!

I have never done this but am interested. Can any of you tell me if its worth it to do it? And HOW you do it! :confused3

This was going to be a no park week for us BUT if this is SO worth it, I may book our EPCOT Segway Tour the same morning and just do THIS ONE PARK! :dance3:

Last fall was our first trip during F&W. I tried to do as much research as possible beforehand. Turns out, you don't need to do much. Basically I'd say take a look at the festival brochure when it comes out and the food being offered at each station. We picked a few we wanted to try and then one evening, just ate our way through the booths instead of having dinner.

We also happened to be on the quick service dining plan this trip. Since we still had a bunch of snacks to use, we used them on the F&W food. This worked out great! Especially the $7.00 lobster roll - good use of a snack credit. For the booze, we went and got one of those gift cards that they have on the wristbands and this made it easier than getting out $ or a credit card at each booth. We just reloaded it when we needed to.

The only demo that we did was the Sam Adam's beer one. It was free :cool1: and they had a sample of like four different beers. We also got a free keychain. Some of the paid demos looked cool, but we were only there a few days and couldn't fit any in.

As I said, we did just one evening at F&W. I'm sure there is plenty to do that you could spend a few days checking out all the booths, but we feel like we got to experience it and try some of the food offerings. Let me know if you have any other questions or want to see any pictures!

Have a great trip!

wrist band gift cards? where do you get these? sounds like my kind of tender! :cool1:

Last fall was our first trip during F&W. I tried to do as much research as possible beforehand. Turns out, you don't need to do much. Basically I'd say take a look at the festival brochure when it comes out and the food being offered at each station. We picked a few we wanted to try and then one evening, just ate our way through the booths instead of having dinner.

We also happened to be on the quick service dining plan this trip. Since we still had a bunch of snacks to use, we used them on the F&W food. This worked out great! Especially the $7.00 lobster roll - good use of a snack credit. For the booze, we went and got one of those gift cards that they have on the wristbands and this made it easier than getting out $ or a credit card at each booth. We just reloaded it when we needed to.

The only demo that we did was the Sam Adam's beer one. It was free :cool1: and they had a sample of like four different beers. We also got a free keychain. Some of the paid demos looked cool, but we were only there a few days and couldn't fit any in.

As I said, we did just one evening at F&W. I'm sure there is plenty to do that you could spend a few days checking out all the booths, but we feel like we got to experience it and try some of the food offerings. Let me know if you have any other questions or want to see any pictures!

Have a great trip!

wrist band gift cards? where do you get these? sounds like my kind of tender! :cool1:

Here is a link to last year's festival brochure:

http://wdw2.wdpromedia.com/media/wd...oodWine2009/FoodandWine_2009FestivalGuide.pdf

Look at the bottom of page 5 (5/42 in adobe...but page no. 3 on the bottom). It says where you can purchase it. We got ours at the Festival Center (last year it was over by Mission Space).

It's a little gift card on a stretchy bracelet type thing that can be reloaded and was very convenient!

oh thank you!! when will this year's come out and how do I get it?

Here is a link to last year's festival brochure:

http://wdw2.wdpromedia.com/media/wd...oodWine2009/FoodandWine_2009FestivalGuide.pdf

Look at the bottom of page 5 (5/42 in adobe...but page no. 3 on the bottom). It says where you can purchase it. We got ours at the Festival Center (last year it was over by Mission Space).

It's a little gift card on a stretchy bracelet type thing that can be reloaded and was very convenient!

just read through the program from last year - holy cow! I cannot wait for this!

I am on an overload today :surfweb:- I cant think of anything other than planning this trip! :woohoo:

Someone please help snap me out of this!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter