F&W : which day?

DisneyMominMTL

Mouseketeer
We will be there for opening weekend of F&W and we have never been.

We are flying out Monday the 28 so our only options are 25-26-27.

I looked at a few websites: one suggests 25 (Friday, ideally for lunch) while the other suggests 26 ( Saturday) as there is AM EMH at DHS and PM EMH at MK (and no MNSSHP).

Which day would be best?

I am interested in this as well. If we are there november 15-16 which happen to be the last two days, which would be best? The 15th (a sunday) or the 16th (last possible day)
We are worried about locals all going for one last hoorah before the end of F&W

^^How weird is it that we are both from Montreal wondering about similar issues?? (I assume, because of the name ;-)

Hehe. Yes. From Montreal. Sorry to piggy back on your topic but I figured someone will probably be able to advise on both questions at once.

Historically Saturdays have been WAY more crowded with locals with Friday afternoons right behind that. So a sunday or weekday would be preferable, or plan on Saturday with an early start to get ahead of the crowds.

Do NOT go on Saturday if you can find any other day. Especially opening weekend. This is a huge drew for locals and I made that error once (and only once!)

Not Saturday!
Friday afternoon is likely your best bet. The locals aren't out of work yet (locals flood the F&W on weekends) and the MNSSHP will draw partygoers away from Epcot.
Or Sunday afternoon.

There is also normally a "Cast Member Preview" on the Thursday before the festival opens. It is open to the public. Lines at the booths may move a bit slower as this is actually a live test and training for those manning the booths.

I was there for a Friday for lunch time, and the crowds weren't bad at all. Sunday for lunch wasn't that busy either. (This was the last weekend of F&W I believe.) From what I have read, it gets MUCH more busy on weekend evenings, so I would avoid those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter