F&W waitlist experience?

swedemeatball

Earning My Ears
I booked a last minute trip to go to F&W in 2 and a half weeks. I am currently booked at the All Star Sports. I would prefer a Boardwalk or Beach Club studio. Has anyone had any luck wait listing a last minute trip for a studio during a busy time like F&W?

I would not expect in any way for that waitlist to come through. There would be a possibility of a SSR, OKW, or maybe an AKV waitlist coming through but if you just got on the waitlist you are really far down with the number of people who try during food and wine. I would even think a Boardwalk garden view would be more likely. A 1 bedroom at any of the above would be more likely than any studio. Of course if the trip is only for 1 or 2 nights your possibilities increase a little.

I just snagged a BWV garden view studio for Nov 12 to 15, right after F&W. I had a waitlist for Nov 10 to 15 but have been stalking the website. I just changed my waitlist to Nov 10 to 12. I'm happy because I had an AP rate room for 5 nights at $284 a night. So as it stands now, I only have to pay for 2.

I had a waitlist come through for boardwalk but it came through about a month ago. Hope you have luck.

I booked a 1BR BWV pool/garden view at exactly 7 months and waitlisted for Boardwalk view. I think it came through in about 3 months. I hate to say it, but I think there are many, many others that would be ahead of you for BWV and BCV waitlists over F & W Fest. Agree with others that SSR or AKV, or even OKW would have a better chance of being fulfilled at this stage of the game.

I have has a one bedroom at BCV wait listed for over 2 months. No luck. Nor have any of the days shown up on my frequent checks.

I was able to book SSR so I am good.

If you call or check the website every day, you may snag something that someone cancels before it hits the waitlist - the waitlist at this point is going to be so deep that the only way this is going to work is to bypass it.

No luck with a wait list for either BCV or VWL studio October 6-10. Had the wait list for 3 months, so late in the game. Not even SSR had a studio available for those dates. We have a 1 bedroom there.:goodvibes

We wait listed a 2br at bcv for only 1 night 7 months ago and it did not come through. Literally I a shocked, I never imagined 1 night only would be that elusive, especially since I set it up 7 months ago. We head down in 2 weeks, so I've effectively given up. I'd say that unfortunately a studio is about as likely become available as the Cinderella castle suite.

Its the luck of the draw. I was fortunate to get 2 nights at BWV- Boardwalk view last week for 11/6-11/8. I was able to snag those online. I waitlisted Beachclub for the 8th and got that last week as well. I had waitlisted BLT for the 9th and 10th and that came through a few weeks ago.

Sometimes you have to keep checking online.

I booked 10/30-11/8 in 1 bedroom at BCV at exactly 7 months, but was unable to secure 11/8-11/10 at either BWV or BCV (we are doing W&D 1/2). So I booked VWL and waitlisted both BWV and BCV. BWV waitlist came through in about 2-3 months. We were fine with only moving across the lake and still being within walking distance of the race. However, about 3 weeks ago our BCV waitlist came though!!! :cool1: I was shocked! The last weekend of F&W and the 1/2 marathon. This will be our first DVC trip in 5 years to stay in ONE room the entire trip! Very excited to unpack once and enjoy the BCV!:yay:

My waitlist came through for the 8th at BWV. So the first 3 nights at BWV Boardwalk view and then the last 2 nights at BLT.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter