• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

F&W Pix

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Just wanted to say that I loved Corey's pictures of Food & Wine.

Perhaps we can use this thread for us to upload our own snaps of our favorite dishes.
web.jpg

Coq au Vin sur Gratin de Macroni and Escargot at France accompanied by a Chardonay and a Merlot. Loved both food dishes. The Merlot wasn't really that good.

Also feel free to browse my MobileMe gallery of pictures from this year's event.

Thought this wine bottle holder was appropriate for some of my friends.
web.jpg

And that this might be helpful for those that like their wine cool.
web.jpg

Jeff -

I love the wine, bread, cheese t-shirt. Where did you see these? Were they at all the festival sales areas or just a certain place?

Thanks!

Jeff, my favorite pics are the ones you took of the anemometer and the Antennae on the roof of the Dolphin!!

web.jpg

(I also love that you got the BAH in there also) :rotfl2:

Jeff -

I love the wine, bread, cheese t-shirt. Where did you see these? Were they at all the festival sales areas or just a certain place?

Thanks!

I saw that one at the Festival Center. Didn't notice it at the smaller merchandise locations around World Showcase.

Jeff, my favorite pics are the ones you took of the anemometer and the Antennae on the roof of the Dolphin!!

(I also love that you got the BAH in there also) :rotfl2:

See - that BAH even spoils pictures from the Dolphin. :sad2:

OK, so this one isn't a food & wine pix - I was just amused that today at the MK the 3:00 parade was at 11:30.
web.jpg

Brilliant Red Cranberries
web.jpg

...and no - they didn't die them just to look good in the photo. That is the way cranberries look when they are harvested. We have plenty of bogs around our house and it is very picturesque in the fall with the bright red berries and the leaves changing colors.

Love the photos Jeff :thumbsup2 what do you think of the food offerings overall this year?

The cranberry bog looks cool, I didn't realize they grew them like that :confused3

From Ireland
web.jpg

Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie
Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache
Both are wonderful!!!

From Italy
web.jpg

Capellini con Gamberi Piccanti - pasta with spicy shrimp

Keep the photos coming! We are going in a couple of weeks, and I am enjoying previewing the options. Actually, serving sizes look larger than I was expecting. (First F&W!)

Keep the photos coming! We are going in a couple of weeks, and I am enjoying previewing the options. Actually, serving sizes look larger than I was expecting. (First F&W!)

My non-scientific take is that serving sizes are slightly larger this year.

Meatballs from Scandinavia
web.jpg

And a Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt from the Werthers Shop in Germany.
web.jpg

Om nom nom! Can't wait - we go in a month. :)

XO
Liz

We are just going to miss eachother for F&W. I leave on Oct 28 :sad2: See you in December!

Keep the pictures coming! I can't wait till my trip! 19 days to go.:cool1:

We are just going to miss eachother for F&W. I leave on Oct 28 :sad2: See you in December!

Keep the pictures coming! I can't wait till my trip! 19 days to go.:cool1:

Too funny! Have a wonderful trip. I'm counting the days. We've been so busy with school and activities starting that it's closer than I think already, but I still can't wait.

XO
Liz

WOO HOO! 17 DAYS AND THESE SELECTIONS LOOK MARVELOUS. THE PORTIONS LOOK GOOD TOO. :thumbsup2

WOO HOO! 17 DAYS AND THESE SELECTIONS LOOK MARVELOUS. THE PORTIONS LOOK GOOD TOO. :thumbsup2

Val & I were commenting that it looks like the portions are slightly larger this year - both food and wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter