F&W: FULL is more than a reading on your gas gauge! Girls-Only Trip! Updated 3/2,p.9

I LOVE the MK shirts! Wish I had shopped at the Emporium now :sad2:

Thanks! We couldn't resist! The only problem was that they weren't very thick, so we had to wear tank tops underneath them, only adding to the "too hot" feeling of the day.

:yay: on being able to get special FPs for TSM...beats having to arrive early and join the mad dash! The guy with you on RnR Coaster looks like how I probably will on my first ride :rotfl:

Loving the PP pictures especially the one with stitch :thumbsup2

Honestly, the most exciting suspenseful part about RnRC is that wait for take-off. You're sitting and sitting, and it's counting down and then whoosh - you're suddenly going 60 mph!

And it was super awesome to not have to do the TSM mad dash in the morning! Loved it!

Loving the TR...You guys truely were haveing a blast...the pics are great and how awesome you were able to catch the baby gorilla out playing.

Good choice on the costumes. DH and I will be going this year around the same time, I will be lucky to get him to put on a themed t-shirt.

I had forgot all about those love bugs, secretly I think I was wishing them not to be out...I hate bugs Yuck!

I am thinking might have to make a lunch and a dinner ADR at Via Napoli after seeing your entrees.....yummy...was planning on going to try the pizza before seeing your meals there. I am worried about the crowds at F&W so I really wasn't surprised when you said how very crowded it was.

That was super getting to use those magic fast passes :banana:

Can not wait to read more :thumbsup2

Loving the TR...You guys truely were haveing a blast...the pics are great and how awesome you were able to catch the baby gorilla out playing.

Good choice on the costumes. DH and I will be going this year around the same time, I will be lucky to get him to put on a themed t-shirt.

I had forgot all about those love bugs, secretly I think I was wishing them not to be out...I hate bugs Yuck!

I am thinking might have to make a lunch and a dinner ADR at Via Napoli after seeing your entrees.....yummy...was planning on going to try the pizza before seeing your meals there. I am worried about the crowds at F&W so I really wasn't surprised when you said how very crowded it was.

That was super getting to use those magic fast passes :banana:

Can not wait to read more :thumbsup2

Thanks! We had so much fun!

Those love bugs were quite annoying. Even if a bug isn't one that bites, it's still gross when they land on you - or worse yet - get stuck in your hair! Eeek!

And definitely think about doing Via Napoli. Like I said, I was skeptical - I can get Italian food anywhere around home, but it was such a cut above anything I had ever had. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Have an awesome time on your trip! It's such a great time of year to go!

Just found your TR and really enjoyed reading all your updates. I didn't know they had sangria by the pitcher at Via Napoli. I will be definitely drinking some of that on my girls trip in May. (6 girls total - all met here on the boards)

I love your MNSSHP costumes.

I have to say - I love AKL. I own DVC at SSR, but I love AKL and I really want to stay there again soon.

$100 rooms at AK by SWA????? :worship: That is one super sweet deal! I heard of someone getting rooms at the Boardwalk for some insanely low price as well. I guess it can happen if you are in the right place at the right time.

Music major and a critic on the Boo to You Parade song - :rotfl2: - love it!

I'm still here, I'm still here!

Great updates. Andi totally does look like Ariel! Maybe she has another calling.....

I love the matching Magic Kingdom shirts. Really cute. The food at Via Napoli looks really good. It is definitely on my list of things to do in the near future.

Just found your TR and really enjoyed reading all your updates. I didn't know they had sangria by the pitcher at Via Napoli. I will be definitely drinking some of that on my girls trip in May. (6 girls total - all met here on the boards)

I love your MNSSHP costumes.

I have to say - I love AKL. I own DVC at SSR, but I love AKL and I really want to stay there again soon.

$100 rooms at AK by SWA????? :worship: That is one super sweet deal! I heard of someone getting rooms at the Boardwalk for some insanely low price as well. I guess it can happen if you are in the right place at the right time.

Music major and a critic on the Boo to You Parade song - :rotfl2: - love it!

Thanks so much for joining my TR!!! :yay:

I completely recommend that awesome sangria - and such a good deal. And when you're in Disney, great deals (money-wise) are hard to find.... :rolleyes1

(Oh - except for the $6 Tee I got on my summer trip at EE - that was a total good deal! Haha!)

You will have SO MUCH FUN on your girls trip! And everyone's a Diser? How cool is that?!

And just wait, the music major snobbery will come back later. I'm sorry - I just can't help it!

:laughing:

I'm still here, I'm still here!

Great updates. Andi totally does look like Ariel! Maybe she has another calling.....

I love the matching Magic Kingdom shirts. Really cute. The food at Via Napoli looks really good. It is definitely on my list of things to do in the near future.

Yay! :goodvibes So glad you're still here!

We also loved our matching MK shirts in all their dorky glory! We just might have to start a tradition...

I've been following your trip report and i love it! It looks like you guys are having so much fun!
I've never done RnR coaster cause I'm too scared but you guys seem to enjoy it so much I'm debating getting on it on my next trip :thumbsup2
Can't wait for the next update! :goodvibes

I've been following your trip report and i love it! It looks like you guys are having so much fun!
I've never done RnR coaster cause I'm too scared but you guys seem to enjoy it so much I'm debating getting on it on my next trip :thumbsup2
Can't wait for the next update! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading along! :)

I'm here to tell you that you should totally get over that fear and ride it! It's so fun! And even if you don't like it, you can at least say you've tried it. (That's how I am with the intense version of Mission Space - I did it, can say I've done it, but I'm not doing it again! :eek:) :laughing:

And just wait, the music major snobbery will come back later. I'm sorry - I just can't help it!

I've got to know though - Do you love the Voices of Liberty? When I took the KTTK tour they asked each of us what our "dream" Disney job was and mine was to be a Voice of Liberty. I just think they are fabulous! I would love to be able to sing at that level.

I've got to know though - Do you love the Voices of Liberty? When I took the KTTK tour they asked each of us what our "dream" Disney job was and mine was to be a Voice of Liberty. I just think they are fabulous! I would love to be able to sing at that level.

Eek! Okay, now you've put me on the spot. I'm totally cool with VoL, but it's not my fave style of singing to listen to. However, I did audition for them (did well, got to sing again, but alas didn't get the gig) and I would sing any way someone would want me to if they were paying me! (And if it was vocally healthy, of course.)

I'm just not as in to absolute straight-tone singing unless I'm listening to Monteverdi or the like. I don't tend to favor it in other styles of music - a little natural vibrato is a very good thing in the voice!

(For the record, in the audition, they asked me to sing again, but with absolute straight-tone, no vibrato whatsoever. But I was not warmed up for that kind of singing and just couldn't nail it under pressure. I've done lots of early music, so I've done the straight-tone thing, but it's definitely a different approach and requires different warm-ups. Wasn't meant to be that time!)

After picking up a few Christmas goodies at DHS, we headed over to Downtown Disney via Saratoga Springs.

Before long, we were at the Christmas store there! :laughing: Getting in the spirit super early!

I got my parents a great Mickey head Christmas ball type ornament for their tree. But I had to call my mom to have her remind me what color theme she was doing for the tree nowadays. Turns out the burgundy ornament I was looking at was perfect!

And we couldn't miss a hat-photo op!

IMG_0485.jpg

We also made a quick stop at Trend-D and World of Disney.

After shopping, we had to get some prerequisite pics. If you've read any of my other TR's, you know that every trip I need to get a pic of myself with the skeleton pirate outside of WoD. And this time was no exception!

IMG_0488.jpg

Andi posed for a pic too:

IMG_0490.jpg

And apparently, she also had a photo tradition too.....

IMG_0486.jpg

But time was of the essence! We had to get back to AKV and get changed for our dinner at Kona Cafe!

Ah......the one dinner that I was really looking forward to for it's own very special reason.....my favorite drink......the Lapu Lapu. :cloud9:

I was dreaming of my Lapu Lapu so much - and talking about it over and over. Singing the praises of the wonderful amazing Lapu Lapu.

What's a Lapu Lapu, you may ask?

Here's a flashback photo to a previous trip.......

*wavy flashback lines*

Oh look! It's 2008, and I'm enjoying a yummy Lapu Lapu with my mom and grandmother! Why, we're ALL enjoying Lapu Lapus! :goodvibes

IMG_1321.jpg

Mmmmmmmm................Lapu Lapu........*drooling*....
(And seriously, you could be a drooling mess in no time with one of those puppies - they're insanely strong!)

*wavy flashback lines disappearing....*

Hey - flashback over!

So here we are waiting for our table just outside Kona, taking in the loveliness of the Poly lobby....

33898_517178264281_83001048_30716736_1144174_n.jpg

Before long, we got our seats and our server asked us for our drink orders.

But then, you'll never believe what happened..........

They were out of Lapu Lapus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sad::sad:

:faint:

I think Megan and Andi were really worried about how I'd react to this.
:scared:
I mean, I really had been extolling the wonders of the Lapu Lapu for quite some time. I had no back up drink planned! What's a girl to do?!?!??!

SO, I got the drink that's at every freakin' restaurant - you know, the one with the glow cube.

*sigh*

I just really wanted that Lapu Lapu. :sad1:

continued..................

.............continued......

So, I was completely dejected. No Lapu Lapu.

My glow cube drink just wasn't good enough. Although I entertained myself by taking pictures of all the many glowing colors it changed to.....

ooooooh.....
IMG_0492.jpg

aaaaaah.....
IMG_0493.jpg

oohhhhhh......
IMG_0494.jpg

And the non-glowing version....
IMG_0495.jpg

And.... a group shot!

IMG_0491.jpg

Now I'm not really sure why, but I didn't write down what each of our entrees were! I must have been really distracted by the whole Lapu Lapu fiasco! ;)

So without further ado, here are our lovely eats!

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Andi can't help but be drawn to the wonder of the glow cube....

IMG_0503.jpg

Desserts.....

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

Despite the Lapu Lapu Debacle of 2010, we did have a very nice dinner at Kona.

We decided we would walk the grounds of the Poly a bit before heading back to DHS for the rest of the night.

Bye Kona!

IMG_0509.jpg

I always love the Poly grounds, and Megan wanted to check them out. She was thinking of a future stay in the next year and Megan wanted to stay at the GF. But her DH was pushing for the Poly. So she wanted to get to know it better....

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

.....continued.......

So sorry about the Lapu Lapu but very happy about this report. I am going to a wedding in FL the end of Oct and then started thinking I could add days and go to the F&W Festival and then I thought about MNSSHP. I totally didn't think about costumes.....I might try to be Mary Poppins. She is my favorite and I always cry when I see her. But it may be too hot of a costume. Will have to keep thinking.

Love the photos.

....and continued.........

We headed over towards the part of the resort where the luau happens. But either there was no luau that night, or they were between luaus? Not sure. There was NO one over that way. Kind of eery a little bit.

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

We found a really cool tree and decided to "act out" the name of the type of tree....

IMG_0527.jpg

Can you guess the name of the tree? The Strangler Fig! (tee hee!)

(Hey, don't judge the dorkiness people, we were at Disney - all dorky behaviour is forgiven here.)

We made Andi take a picture with this statue. If I recall, she was a bit scared of this one....
IMG_0529.jpg

We were having a blast and totally enjoying everything around this awesome resort.
And it was happening.... Megan was totally digging the Poly. In fact, she changed her mind from the GF to the Poly for her trip!

Our silly antics continued into the gift shop back inside the building...

IMG_0532.jpg

Okay, in this next picture, we were trying to make it look like we were both lifting up the statue from the bars on either side. Yeah, this one didn't work as well - we just look stupid.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Before long, we were headed out the front door to catch a bus to DHS. But first we had to try out a cool feature on Megan's new camera - smile recognition! Once you point the camera, it automatically can tell when everyone's smiling and at that moment, it takes a pic! So cool!

39515_517179352101_83001048_30716785_4501047_n.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

Once we got to DHS, we got some Photopass pics in our evening attire!....

Photo0143FourBySix.jpg

Photo0144FourBySix.jpg

We headed up the street and what did our eyes behold?

And insanely long line for Fantasmic! :scared1: Wowzers.

Okay, so I had never seen Fantasmic. You may ask how I'd never seen it after all these Disney trips under my belt..... well, it just never worked out. There was no DHS (or MGM for that matter) during my really young trips to WDW and even when it did open when I was in my early teens, there was no Fantasmic. And since DHS is our half-day park, we're usually never there in the evening anyway.

But Andi and Megan insisted that I had to see it!

So we got in the super long line - an hour before the show.

Funny - I'm looking at my notes and the two things I have written down under the part mentioning the Fantasmic line is "cattle" and "B.O." :rolleyes1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand continuing...

Waiting for the show to start:

IMG_0542.jpg

33907_451777821856_708066856_5789559_2909604_n.jpg

Fantasmic pics!

64018_517179416971_83001048_30716792_49898_n.jpg

33681_517179481841_83001048_30716799_5773889_n.jpg

37935_517179541721_83001048_30716802_5334685_n-1.jpg

Fantasmic was okay. It was cool when they played the movie scenes on the giant sprays of water. But it seemed really disjointed to me. I guess that makes sense, since it's supposed to be Mickey's dream and all - and we all know how disjointed dreams can be. But, I just didn't feel it. I won't be running to see it again. But at least I can say now that I've done it! :thumbsup2

After leaving the show, we decided to use those Tower of Terror fastpasses that we had picked up earlier in the day.

We headed in. (And I was so excited to ride this super awesome amazing ride again!)

JUST after getting on our "service elevator", we had to get out because it apparently was broken. This freaked Andi out a bit, but Megan and I were not going to miss riding ToT! We just had to move over to the next "elevator" and get on the next ride!

ToT was wonderful as usual, although the young kid in our ride was a bit upset that my enthusiastic jazz hands were covering his face in the ride pic. Sorry kid! I just can't help it sometimes....

IMG_0544.jpg

A quick Photopass pic leaving ToT:

Photo0146FourBySix.jpg

We knew at this point with Fantasmic totally emptied out and it being EMH, that TSM would be insane, so we avoided it.

So we did what anyone else would do under such circumstances - we walked around and took silly pictures while making complete fools of ourselves! :laughing:

continued...........................

And we finish day 3 with silliness and goofiness! :yay:

Even though Star Tours was closed for refurb, the store was still open! So we had to go in.

It was pretty empty.... So it was fun time....

Megan as Boba Fett:

IMG_0553.jpg

Lightsaber duel:

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Nope - not a mask OR a hat....

33907_451777851856_708066856_5789565_596965_n.jpg

Leaving the Star Tours area....

IMG_0559.jpg

....only to encounter........ no one!

IMG_0561.jpg

Nope - wait - there's three people way out there in the distance. And in a minute they were gone too.

Not a soul was around. So we felt it our duty to think of even more silly things to do.

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

All the while, walking around, we could see that they had already started putting up the millions of holiday lights on the buildings for the Osbourne Lights.

A familiar site - Andi getting pressed coins...

IMG_0572.jpg

My most beloved of beverages...

IMG_0573.jpg

33907_451777901856_708066856_5789574_4887973_n.jpg

33598_517179761281_83001048_30716819_3520826_n.jpg

When we finally made our way around to the very back of the park we found out where all the people were - in line for Toy Story. Yikes, Eek, and D'oh!

We continued on with our silly picture mission....

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

But we were tired - really tired. And we had a long day ahead of us at Epcot the next day.

We snapped a few more pics on our way out of the park, and it was time to head home for the night and get some sleep.

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Good night all!

IMG_0586.jpg

(Inside joke, don't ask! But Megan, you nailed it the best, I have to say!)

Up next - Food and Wine Day at Epcot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry about the Lapu Lapu but very happy about this report. I am going to a wedding in FL the end of Oct and then started thinking I could add days and go to the F&W Festival and then I thought about MNSSHP. I totally didn't think about costumes.....I might try to be Mary Poppins. She is my favorite and I always cry when I see her. But it may be too hot of a costume. Will have to keep thinking.

Love the photos.

HI! Hey, wow, you caught me while I was finishing the updates! :laughing:

Glad to have you aboard for my TR! Go to F&W! And MNSSHP!

I also love Mary Poppins! I watched that movie SO much when I was kid.

What a shame that there were no Lapu Lapu's...especially when you had been sooo looking forward to it.

:yay: on there being no people at HS...love that you were able to let the inner child out of all of you! :laughing:

Love the update. I also love the fact that you guys were able to take silly pictures at DHS. I'm looking forward to my trip with my brother, because I'm sure there will be plenty of those pics from us.

Boo to no Lapu Lapu! I'm guessing that they ran out of pineapples? Weird. I've never had one myself, but it's on my list of things to try.

I'm with you on Fantasmic. I like the show, but it's not something that I go running to see.

What a shame that there were no Lapu Lapu's...especially when you had been sooo looking forward to it.

:yay: on there being no people at HS...love that you were able to let the inner child out of all of you! :laughing:

Love the update. I also love the fact that you guys were able to take silly pictures at DHS. I'm looking forward to my trip with my brother, because I'm sure there will be plenty of those pics from us.

Boo to no Lapu Lapu! I'm guessing that they ran out of pineapples? Weird. I've never had one myself, but it's on my list of things to try.

I'm with you on Fantasmic. I like the show, but it's not something that I go running to see.

Seriously folks, I was rather devastated at there being no Lapu Lapus. I mean, it's the Poly's signature drink! How could they run out?!?! :confused: But I'm over it. Really I am.....

On the bright side, taking silly pictures was insanely fun! We were laughing so hard at times. We were definitely letting the Disney magic take over! :goodvibes

UPCOMING TRIP UPDATE!!!

So it looks very likely that our next trip will be the second to last week in June (19-24). We'll be finalizing our small DVC add-on this week and will soon be able to book! We're going to try to get OKW, as we haven't stayed there yet and it's cheap point-wise.

We already scheduled our ADR's just in case though! :laughing:

This trip we'll be doing:

Kouzzina
Via Napoli
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Hacienda
Victoria and Albert's (this is for our 10 year anniversary)

BUT - what other thing are we planning? I said I'd NEVER do it again. I wrote a whole trip report in 2009 whose title totally reflected my feelings about this very thing......

we're going to drive. :eek:

Ugh.

But the airfare is horrible. Plus, i won a trip at an all-inclusive in Mexico at a travel trade show. But it doesn't include airfare. And that airfare is going to be quite a bit pricey. So to make up for it, we'll drive to Disney, as driving to Mexico is not an option.

I'm already thinking of the names of what the trip report will be! :laughing:

However, we might just try to get over to Universal for a day to check out Harry Potter. I haven't been to Universal since 1994 - it's quite a bit different now, isn't it?! :rotfl:

Stay tuned for my next update - our Food and Wine day at Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter