F & W Festival-party for the Senses?

I just looked at the website linked above. Under PFTS it now clearly says "Park admission is NOT included"

must be that Disney eagle eye.

Just went to the site, right you are! Mildly humorous...the eagle eyes made certain to capitalize and underline NOT!!!
Glad they made that clear early on.
Overall, I think the website should be very helpful if they're good about updating. :thumbsup2

I just noticed your trip dates do not coincide with the Food and Wine Festival, so you won't have to worry about what I said above. The Festival ends in mid-November.

I haven't changed my signature yet. LOL Were actually going October 2-10

I love this event :). Keep watching for F&W Festival info. As TDC Nala said, there will be a sticky on this board soon. The first year I went we did the table saving thing where we took turns going to the different stations. Last year we just worked our way around the room. We asked people if they minded if they joined them at tables (there were only 2 of us), and we ended up meeting and chatting with some lovely people :).

I love this event :). --Last year we just worked our way around the room. We asked people if they minded if they joined them at tables (there were only 2 of us), and we ended up meeting and chatting with some lovely people :).

That was our experience, too! Such fun to visit for a bit , and then we'd head off together to sample a yet another delicious treat.:flower3:

My parents and I went to PFTS a couple of years ago. We went to another Food and Wine event in the morning, sampled a few food booths around the World Showcase and then changed at the hotel for the event. We were hot and tired from the day and weren't even hungry when we got there.

After a few samples of wine and food we all were ready to go but felt like we had to stay to get our money's worth. It was also loud and crowded. If you go, I'd take it easy the rest of the day. We wouldn't do the event again. The food was good but we got more enjoyment from the Wine and Food pairings we attended.

My parents and I went to PFTS a couple of years ago. We went to another Food and Wine event in the morning, sampled a few food booths around the World Showcase and then changed at the hotel for the event. We were hot and tired from the day and weren't even hungry when we got there.

After a few samples of wine and food we all were ready to go but felt like we had to stay to get our money's worth. It was also loud and crowded. If you go, I'd take it easy the rest of the day. We wouldn't do the event again. The food was good but we got more enjoyment from the Wine and Food pairings we attended.

The Wine and Food Pairings in 2008 were pretty drastically cut from a couple of years ago - far fewer of them were offered. If you are trying to choose between those and the Party for the Senses, keep an eye on the events when they are released.

Okay, I'm going to change the question a bit. I'm the OP so its not technically hijacking. LOL If it were between Party for the Senses & one of the resturaunts, which would you pick? It doesn't have to be super romantic, but the food needs to be insanely good. I want to talk about it years later. I want my husband to fall in love w/ WDW & want to come back just to eat there again. (I know high hopes & wishful thinking) So if its a restaraunt, which one, why, & what's on the menu that you love? Thanks for all your help.

If it were between Party for the Senses & one of the resturaunts, which would you pick? It doesn't have to be super romantic, but the food needs to be insanely good. I want to talk about it years later. I want my husband to fall in love w/ WDW & want to come back just to eat there again. ... So if its a restaraunt, which one, why, & what's on the menu that you love? Thanks for all your help.
If you and your husband would enjoy the cocktail party atmosphere of P4TS (walking, standing, eating, drinking, chatting with others) then I would stick with it. Because of the variety of offerings, there is sure to be an item or two that will really wow; you get a great sampling of food, wines, cheeses, desserts.

If you prefer a slower pace, sit down service, and are still in the market for something different for both food and wine, I'd suggest the African-inspired Jiko in the AKL. FWIW.

I've only been to 2 PFTS, and I've loved both. The food was absolutely incredible. There was a pricier event last year-TDC Nala and other experts please chime in with the correct info- I can't remember the name of it, but those that attended gave it rave reviews here on the Dis.BTW, I'm planning on attending the PFTS on 10/10 :)

I've only been to 2 PFTS, and I've loved both. The food was absolutely incredible. There was a pricier event last year-TDC Nala and other experts please chime in with the correct info- I can't remember the name of it, but those that attended gave it rave reviews here on the Dis.BTW, I'm planning on attending the PFTS on 10/10 :)

There were a few events that cost more than the Party for the Senses but they were sit-down meals, not "cocktail party" type events. Last year they introduced an event called City Tastes that was similar, but on a smaller scale, and cost $95 as opposed to $135 for PFTS. They might return because the festival appears to be sticking with the "cities" theme. The much pricier event in the same venue (World Showplace) was the Bocuse D'Or gala which will not be presented this year.

I haven't changed my signature yet. LOL Were actually going October 2-10

LOL! That's too funny! I was wondering why you were asking about food and wine when your signature had trip dates after the fact. :rotfl2:

Okay, I'm going to change the question a bit. I'm the OP so its not technically hijacking. LOL If it were between Party for the Senses & one of the resturaunts, which would you pick? It doesn't have to be super romantic, but the food needs to be insanely good. I want to talk about it years later. I want my husband to fall in love w/ WDW & want to come back just to eat there again. (I know high hopes & wishful thinking) So if its a restaraunt, which one, why, & what's on the menu that you love? Thanks for all your help.

We're all pushing you towards Victoria and Albert's in the other thread. ;)

Friends & I go the last week of October every year and have gone to 2 PFTS the last couple of years so we definitely think it's worth the money. In past years, they only had Sam Adams but last year they introduced Budweiser, too. But it's definitely more of a wine party than beer.

Having said the above, this year we are toying with doing one of the sit down dinners. We did one several years ago and it was awesome. I have a feeling, though, we'll still do one PFTS.

Cyn

DH and I did PFTS last year for the first time and we haven't decided this year if we'll spend the money to go again or not. Probably, yes. We really enjoyed it although it was very crowded. What we won't do again is the Sweet Sunday breakfast buffet and desserts (made for you while the chef shows you how to make them.) I like watching cooking shows on TV but discovered I really didn't care for sitting at a table at WDW and watching a chef. The desserts weren't my favorite either, so that may have had something to do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter